“WONDERFUL STAFF ABOVE AND BEYOND EXPECTATIONS”
Review of Riverview Inn

Riverview Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
gmaof42008
“WONDERFUL STAFF ABOVE AND BEYOND EXPECTATIONS”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stayed there the first weekend of this month. This is a VERY family friendly hotel I stayed there with my mother, my 22 yr old daughter and her twin 1 yr olds and a 5 week old. we recieved service that was ABOVE AND BEYOND any expectations. The staff went out of their way to accomadate our needs. The lady that does breakfast made sure my granddaughts had their favorite yogart. The staff was very freindly. I went down for my other g-daughters 1st b bay. will stay here again
Sherri Cook

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Kingsport, TN
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have an incoming freshman at Austin Peay. When we came for our campus visit in April we stayed at a chain near the interstate. It was more expensive and far removed from the campus. While touring downtown, we saw the Riverview and decided to stay there the next time we were in Clarksville. We were not disappointed! I made our reservation by talking to a real person who spoke good English and was actually at the hotel, and who changed our reservation to give us a discount when he found out we were Austin Peay family. The entire staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was far better than at the chain motel. We had no difficulty in accessing the free wireless internet. It is an older property, but it has aged well, and you can't beat the location or the service. We look forward to staying at the Riverview many more times in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed July 9, 2008

This place was fantastic!! I was not sure about staying here after reading the reviews, but it was close to where I needed to be so I tried it. IT WAS GREAT!!! The price was good, especially for the location. The staff was excellent - everyone from the desk clerk to the cleaning staff greeted me with a smile and a warm hello. They would ask if I needed anything like they actually wanted to help - imagine that!!! I was lucky enough to get a view of the river, and this was spectacular. My room was very clean. I did request extra towels, and they were brought up very quickly by the nicest young man. We walked to the local eateries all weekend and they were fantastic. It is also located right on the river walk park. This was great, and it had a playground at the end that people traveling with younger kids would really enjoy. Overall a very nice quality, not your run of the mill hotel - way better than the interstate places. I would stay here over and over, and recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Staff & cleanliness
  • Disliked — more towels please
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank 1TravelPro
Tennessee
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Our soccer team booked 11 rooms for a weekend tournament this past week. Overall, this is one of the best properties we have experienced. The hotel is an older property but it has been freshened up with new carpet and paint. My mattress was a bit worn but other than that, it was quite comfortable. Ask for a room with a view of the river if you want a special treat. The sun sets just over the river providing a spectacular view.

The suites are large and spacious, about twice the size of a typical suite. They charge an extra $50 per night for one, but if you need the space, they are well worth it. You also get a kitchenette if you like to have a place to fix snacks or entertain guests.

The Riverwalk park is just a short walk away and is a perfect place for an evening stroll. There is a nice playground toward the north end that's a great place for younger kids to burn off some energy. We were even able to catch a weekend concert at the public amphitheater.

The staff was always helpful and friendly. They even helped us out with a place to have our end-of season party on Saturday night.

The indoor pool is a bit small but it's very clean. There's even a sun deck just outside with a view of the Cumberland River. Our kids enjoyed relaxing there after a day of soccer.

Overall, we had a great stay. The Riverview is not the Ritz-Carlton but it has a great location that puts it a step above the other cookie cutter properties out near the interstate.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Worn mattress
  • Stayed May 2008
3 Thank Joel M
Mississippi
Reviewed April 22, 2008

We were on a business trip to Clarksville and the company booked us at the Riverview Inn. It was the worst expierence of staying at a hotel. When you walk in it feels and smeels like a nursing home. There was only one worker I saw the entire time I was the there that was rude. There was only 2 other guests that was there while I was there. The outside of the building was badly stained ( like the pretty white building on the brochure). Very, Old furniture. Faucets leaked loudly all night. It felt very Creepy. They offer free internet that did not work the entire time I was there. The bar and fitness room were closed the whole time as well. I could go on and on but this is something I am trying to erase. It was clean though. (probably because no one ever stays there).

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank missfontenot
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2007

I checked tripadvisor/ here before my stay and was a bit nervous because of the poor reviews; I didn't need to be. I had a very nice stay. The room was nicely furnished, everything was very clean and updated, and the view of the river and the forests and fields beyond the river were a delight to wake up to every day. The pool, on the main level, is great for a small hotel pool, and the fitness room, on the 2nd floor, included a small variety of NEW cardio equipment and a 4-station nautilus weight system, and a TV, with a big window, and you need to get a key from the front desk to use it. I was the only one using it when I went down and I was very comfortable, but if someone else came or 2 more, I would not have been.
The mattress was comfortable, but if you are at all picky, bring your own pillow - these are firm foam.
The pub inside the hotel is pretty good, and the breakfast buffet was OK: included 2 hot items (scrambled egg rounds, and a breakfast meat), but nothing special, unless you are a biscuits and gravy person and this appeared one day of our week long stay.
The free wireless was great, but not every room had it - so if this is important let the front desk know. Otherwise the lobby is wifi ready, with very comfortable furniture, including a table with a few chairs for an informal meeting. There is a large screen TV in the lobby too.
Not so Good: the paper thin walls. Not much can be done about this other than hope you are lucky and your neighbors don't snore, put on the TV late, or even talk on the phone in a medium voice....really, honest, paper thin! I didn't have much of a problem, but I count myself lucky that I went to sleep late and needed to wake up early, and my neighbor didn't snore - that was a problem for some of my colleagues on this trip. And from what I could figure out - the rooms on the end may be quieter, but they did not get wireless reception.
The 'old town' area is a work in progress, but go up the street on foot and you will come upon a few restaurants and pubs to choose from. The Blackhorse Brewery served pretty good food and nice local brews. The Steak and Piano Bar Restaurant is the nicest and best eatery within walking distance, and just a few dollars more than the others. Best prepared fish and steaks many of us had had in many months, so check this out. It only has been open a couple of months. All the staff are great, and the upstairs piano bar is a fun find.
Going the other direction from the hotel, on River Road, you will find a Thai restaurant. $7 Entrees (good price), NOT fancy, no liquor license, quality: Okay, but if you REALLY want something asian this is your best bet. Otherwise, get in the car and go looking for BarBQ on the main drags near the highways. Ask at the front desk, every local has a favorite place.

• Liked — location, updated and relaxed atmosphere, VIEW, pool, new cardio euip.
  • Disliked — paper thin walls
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank cjindc
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 26, 2005

We stayed here for the weekend of my neice's wedding, and she had blocked rooms for all the family getting us a discount rate of $65/night. When we tried to check out the clerk had charged us $95/night. When I told her I was under the wedding party and had a block rate of $65 she told me that I would just have to sign my credit card for the $95/night and call back on Monday to talk to a Supervisor to see if I could get reimbursed. When I declined and asked to see a manager she busted out crying (like her dog just died) and called the manager who was OFF that day and there was no one of mgmt in the building it was like a ghost town -- it was just a Sunday in September not a holiday. We had to wait for the manager to come in (who arrived 30 minutes later in flip flops) to change the rate and charge my credit card to the correct amount -- while the clerk stayed in the back corner STILL crying. I work in customer service and I was more then patient with her I never even raised my voice. She was such a twit! Customer service is not where this poor girl belongs. This was just the final straw of a less then mediocre weekend stay. If you want a nice hotel and great weekend its worth the 45 minute commute to Nashville for real hospitality. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THE RIVERVIEW!

• Stayed September 2005