“Just average...”

Riverview Inn
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Rock Island, IL
Reviewed October 4, 2003

Average room. Average price paid. Early morning staff did not follow through with a request. Banquet staff and their service was above average, courteous and friendly. Yes, I would stay here again.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 30, 2003

Do not bother to make a reservation at this hotel, because it is worthless. I made a reservation for my husband to stay here while working in Clarksville, and after a ten hour day of work he tried to check in and they said they were full, and they could not give him his room. He had a confirmation number, but it was worthless. They refused to honor his reservation in any way. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed February 2, 2003

The rates reflected here, are not the rates that I paid. I paid $80.00 for 1 night. It was a mistake!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kentucky
Reviewed January 1, 2003

We got the New Year's eve package deal. The champaigne was a miniature size bottle, our complimentary breakfast consisted of day old stale danish and canned juice, (we were given breakfast coupons for a full breakfast, but all dining facilities were closed for the holidays and there was nothing to eat there for our stay). Between this and the party at Mackenzie's lounge, which was less than adequate, we left early. We paid 100.00 for this great deal we read about in the paper and wasted our money

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, GA
Reviewed December 4, 2002

The Riverview is a nice, older hotel with a great location and very nice views from some rooms. I stay there when in Clarkville. Don't believe the booking services when they say no rooms are available.

Denver, CO
Reviewed October 9, 2002

I have stayed at the Riverview the last 5 years for Thanksgiving. Every year I see more wear and tear on the furnishings and no new furniture or decorations being brought in. Last year the bathroom was filthy and even after complaining no one cared to clean it. The wall paper was peeling and there were waterstains on the ceiling.
The pool is heated but has a real bad thermoplane. The best part of the hotel is the front desk staff as they are friendly and helpfull.
I will not be going back this year

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2002

I was just reading up on the internet to see what hotel I would be staying at on my trip and to my dismay I found the one review that was bad, which alarmed me. I had heard by word of mouth that this was an excellent hotel and to find the not so good review I got worried, but decided to try it anyways and decide for myself. Well the review about the hotel being bad is extremely off. I had such a good stay from the minute I checked into the hotel the desk clerks were very friendly, there was a gentleman who offered to help with my bags, the staff was so friendly, just in passing everyone would smile and say hi. The restaurant food was very good despite what was written in the previous review. I can say nothing bad about the hotel, it was an excellent experience and I cannot wait to go back. I visited the Riverview Inn the morning of June 21st and checked in early, which a lot of hotels do not allow, but because I was early and my room was ready I was able to get my stuff settled in. I cannot wait to go back. I would advise anyone to go there and stay, it is worth it.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member