All reviewscumberland riverview of the riverdowntown restaurantsexecutive levelfarmers marketblack horseseventh floordowntown clarksvilleaustin peayk cupswalking distancethe location is perfectstate universitybed was very comfortableindoor poolnew carpetfront desk staff
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Attended a wedding nearby. Nice hotel that sign states is soon to be renovated. Front desk young girl nice but not very professional- to have a huge bag of chips that you are eating sitting by the computer as you greet your guests. Walked thru the pool area to the deck outside and it was so hot you could not breath. All the guests nearby were complaining about this. River Walk access behind the hotel is nice. A nice hotel really needs at least queen beds. Overall this is a nice place to stay but has some room for improvement.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wpdaniel
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Centrally located, this hotel has been around a (relatively) long time., (I won't say what year my high school held it's Prom there...). The room was clean and comfortable although the signs of wear-and-tear were visable in spots. My view of the river and countryside was mared by dilapidated windows so I'm glad to see that renovations are already in the works.
I just finished a two night stay in a king suite over looking the river and I have to commend their staff's superior customer service, friendliness and positive attitude. The front desk managers, Kate and Stephanie, were especially helpful. They were extremely quick in providing assistance. Even their executive housekeeper, Shanin, was cheerful and engaging whenever I encountered her throughout my stay. I was in Clarksville to handle a difficult legal matter and I have to say their staff always cheered me up and, frankly, gave me strength to accomplish my goal.
I'll be returning to Clarksville in June and fully intend on staying at their hotel simply because of the terrific staff they have there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife & I spent two nights for the first time at this hotel. The staff were all a great help especially Renee Bruens, the Director of Sales. Renee took the time to walk with us and show us the easiest way to get to the River Walk (beautiful and grand) best resturaunts to go to (The Black Horse was a dining pleasure) and took care of whatever else we needed. Saturday, right outside of the hotel was a very good Farmers Market with lots of hand crafts pies, cakes, and fruits and vegatables to purchase. The room was clean and very roomy and looked over the Cumberland River. It had a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee pot. Austin Peay College was right down the street. The hotel also offered a hot breakfast in the moring that was very good and tasty.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors facing the river. What a beautiful panoramic view it is.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This Hotel is conveniently located for the many festivals and celebrations in the square of the downtown area. The staff here is very friendly and really good at welcoming back frequent visitors. They seem to know many of our group by name, and know our preferences as well. The recent shower upgrades are nice, but there still are times where the water flashes through some temperature changes. The restaurant downstairs is closed now, but the local restauarants who deliver there are very efficient.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I travel quite a bit and this hotel was outstanding. Due to unusual circumstances, we needed three rooms well before the normal check-in time. They were able to accomodate us and did so quite willingly. It was a lovely hotel to stay in - both clean and very friendly. The beds were very comfy and very clean!! The price is right and I would higly recommend this hotel. There was even breakfast in the morning - a surprise!

Room Tip: Try to face the river!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family