All reviewscumberland riverview of the riverdowntown restaurantsexecutive levelfarmers marketblack horseseventh floordowntown clarksvilleaustin peayk cupswalking distancethe location is perfectstate universitybed was very comfortableindoor poolnew carpetfront desk staff
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This review is definitely on a more personal level, rather than amenities, appearance, etc. I didn't have the opportunity to physically stay in this hotel, however, a family member of mine did, under my tab and under some unfortunate circumstances. Which I described to the front desk attendant. Requesting and pleading for her help, since I currently live in Virginia, nearly a thousand miles away. And I can honestly say as if I stayed in that hotel myself, the generosity and hospitality my sister and I received was unparalleled! From the very moment the attendant answered the phone, she had a very warm tone and friendly demeanor. And considering some of my requests, which may not have been extensive to her. She made me feel as if my needs and wants came first and she was there to accommodate us in any way she possible could. And when she couldn't, I was told in a professional manner, and offered another alternative or solution. Most importantly, she made us feel as if I could trust her and her colleagues, who were helping us, they all went the extra mile and didn't make promises or offers that couldn't be met. She and her coworkers were proactive when a problem did occur and upheld the highest decorum. They constantly provided customer service in a professional and pleasant demeanor. And I am truly in their debt. Thank You sooooo much!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I was here to teach a class at the local College last year and decided to stay here again for this trip. From the moment I checked in the front desk staff was very helpful in find us a room with no notice at all and even helpful in directing us to a local pub for dinner,even call ahead to make sure they were still open as it was late and its summer so the local place close earlier than when school is in session.

The rooms were totally made-over from the comfy beds to the thick bath towels to the super cold Air in the room to the FAST internet, everything was perfect.

I got a AAA deal so the room cost per night was about 80.00 well worth it as this is the closest hotel to the campus.

Lots of cool local food places within walking distance, If your up for a GREAT burger, try Kelly's burgers right around the block...4.35 for a double burger!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2011

It was our first visit to the Riverview Inn . we decided to stay here as it was close to friends that we were visiting. we checked in and the service was great and the cafe was open till nine pm so we had a late supper and the food was great and the service was just as good . would highly recommend staying at this hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel repeatedly over the last ten years when visiting our son's family here. Rooms always clean, nicely appointed. In the rare occasion when something needs corrected, it's done promptly and well. Courteous, friendly, staff, It's perched on high ground overlooking river and park on one side, on other side right downtown, three minute walk to City Hall, theater, "cool" restaurants.

Coffee & tea at all hours in lobby, free, as well as coffee brewer in room. Swim pool adjoins lobby. Complimentary full breakfast down the hall. Our son recommended it and after our first stay, we've never even looked at any other place.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2011

just one comment : shame the cleaning staff does not wear a uniform; it would help tourist realise who people are
pleople at the desk very friendly
on european standards the sheets and pillow cases did not look ironed, but of course they were clean !

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple