“What a difference in just year”
Review of Riverview Inn

Riverview Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Dallas, Texas
“What a difference in just year”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I was here to teach a class at the local College last year and decided to stay here again for this trip. From the moment I checked in the front desk staff was very helpful in find us a room with no notice at all and even helpful in directing us to a local pub for dinner,even call ahead to make sure they were still open as it was late and its summer so the local place close earlier than when school is in session.

The rooms were totally made-over from the comfy beds to the thick bath towels to the super cold Air in the room to the FAST internet, everything was perfect.

I got a AAA deal so the room cost per night was about 80.00 well worth it as this is the closest hotel to the campus.

Lots of cool local food places within walking distance, If your up for a GREAT burger, try Kelly's burgers right around the block...4.35 for a double burger!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 2, 2011

It was our first visit to the Riverview Inn . we decided to stay here as it was close to friends that we were visiting. we checked in and the service was great and the cafe was open till nine pm so we had a late supper and the food was great and the service was just as good . would highly recommend staying at this hotel

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bluffton, Ohio
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel repeatedly over the last ten years when visiting our son's family here. Rooms always clean, nicely appointed. In the rare occasion when something needs corrected, it's done promptly and well. Courteous, friendly, staff, It's perched on high ground overlooking river and park on one side, on other side right downtown, three minute walk to City Hall, theater, "cool" restaurants.

Coffee & tea at all hours in lobby, free, as well as coffee brewer in room. Swim pool adjoins lobby. Complimentary full breakfast down the hall. Our son recommended it and after our first stay, we've never even looked at any other place.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
orleans france
Reviewed April 4, 2011

just one comment : shame the cleaning staff does not wear a uniform; it would help tourist realise who people are
pleople at the desk very friendly
on european standards the sheets and pillow cases did not look ironed, but of course they were clean !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancing, Tennessee
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here last weekend with our 4 year old son. We were in town for 2 nights to visit some family. After reading some of the reviews on here, we were leery, but the location was too perfect for us not to try it. Wow, were we pleasantly surprised! The staff was very friendly. You could tell they were in the process of updating, but not everything was complete (new bedding, tvs, but older carpet), however everything was really clean. I give it a 4 out of 5. Maybe the next time we come, they'll have new carpet and I can give a perfect score.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mammamia5
lcapps, Manager at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you took notice of our recent upgrades (new double sided pillow topper mattresses, new bedding, new 32" flat screen TV's, tougher standards for our housekeeping and guest service departments)! We are currently in the process of making our final decisions on carpet selections, and hope to have the new carpet installed by the end of this year as well as some other updates. As always, I appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I made reservations for a group months in advance. Rooms were canceled by the administration before we arrived. My granddaughter ended up in a smoking room even though she suffers from severe asthma. We had to wait 4 hours for our room to be available. The room look clean but when you walk or sit down dust flys from the carpet and furniture. The bed was new but everything else was not sanitary. The staff were so unfriendly!!!!!! I waited 20 minutes at the counter while the attendant finished an obviously personal phone call. These folks are difficult to work with and just plain not nice. If you are able to, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. A budget hotel would be better. This is the official hotel for the MISS TENNESSEE PAGEANT I do not know why.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I stayed at the Riverview Inn on Memorial Day weekend. Chose the hotel because it was close to family I was visiting. Although had a guranteed late check in, they were put out that I had actually showed up at 9:30 pm. The room had the appearance (in the dark) of being clean but in the light of day, not sure when it was last dusted or really cleaned. The fitness center amounts to a 10x10 room with a bike and a treadmill and the complimentary breakfast was pastries, greasy eggs and frozen waffles and pancakes that you had to toast yourself. When I inquired if there was fruit or yogurt available, they looked at me like I was crazy. The housekeeping staff was deplorable -- if they could not get into clean the room by 10am, they wouldn't do it and almost every day had to call them to clean the room and bring me clean towels. They promote their bar and restaurant but both were closed before 9pm each evening. There are not a lot of choices in Clarksville other than the the hotels along Exit 4 where there is nothing but freeway and shopping malls so you have to pick your poison. If the hotel was refurbished, deep cleaned and brought into modern times, it has the potential to be a lovely place with the view of the river from some of the rooms.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
lcapps, Manager at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Dear Reveiwer,

There is nothing that I can say about this review except for that I am deeply sorry and I am taking full responsiblity for how you were treated at our hotel. I appologize for our poor customer service and our lack of effort on your behalf. I have also messaged you personally and I hope you consider calling me at your earliest convenience. We take these reviews very seriously and I want to thank you for letting me know about your stay.