“This is a good and family friendly budget hotel!”

Westgate Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“This is a good and family friendly budget hotel!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my second trip to this hotel as I come to town periodically to visit the kids. Both visits were great. The hotel is constantly being physically improved and the staff is really professional and friendly. They ensured that my stay was great. I look forward to returning here at the next opportunity. If you are traveling on. Budget then this is the hotel for you.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kokomo_joned

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbia MO
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Westgate Inn & Suites on the trip home from Georgia to Missouri. The hotel is located a few miles off of the Interstate (where the other hotels are located). The Lobby and common areas of the hotel appeared remodeled and the breakfast room was spacious. The breakfast provided a good variety of food. The pool is located in the middle of the hotel with rooms surrounding it, so our room was a little damp. There is a bar on site but we did not visit it. The front desk directed us to a local brewery for dinner and the riverfront area with a walking trail. The rooms are not fancy but appear clean. This was an unexpected pleasant stop and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the upper floor to avoid the dampness of the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank COMO1ColumbiaMO
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went up to Westgate again for spring break, once again to go to Ft. Campbell. I had arrived later than I had anticipated, and when I got there, there were so many people, I was afraid I wouldn't get a room. I had a casual conversation with the manager, Raj, and was surprised he still remembered me. He had told me that the hotel was packed.
Not only did he recognize me and my name in the system, but he had told me that he made sure he reserved a room for me because I was a repeat customer. If that doesn't deserve 5 stars, I don't know what does. Such friendly service that really makes your trip that much more enjoyable.
I got a room in the inside, right in front of the pool again. I had no trouble with it, really.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AJD2348
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Westgate Inn & Suites was the best deal I found in Clarksville for short-term or extended stay. The rates were very reasonable given the multiple amenities offered by the facility; free hot breakfast every day (waffles, eggs, pancakes, juice), indoor pool with waterslide, a great bar/lounge area and a very fair owner who works hard to make sure his guests have the best experience possible. The rooms were nice with free hbo, granite countertops, microwave etc. All in all this is a great value for the money and I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town. Great for kids too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Philip C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We needed a place to stop over on our way to say goodby to a very sick family member. The $54 rate and an indoor waterslide seemed like a good way to break up the trip for my son.
You definitely get what you pay for. The desk person was more interested in the people at the bar than guests. Our constantly runnong toilet was "fixed" so it didn't work at all. There were police with weapons drawn at one point in the lobby, we locked ourselves in the room. We left before 5 the next morning and my son got to witness two prostitutes hang out with the morning desk worker before their "ride" showed up.
Good thing we had lots of Lysol and an adventurous attitude, that's why we have it twos instead of ones.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tbarnsback

Travelers are raving about these Clarksville hotels

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had outside room all three times i stayed here, wanted inside room when i asked for a inside room the lady said they had none avalible but a woman walked in 30 minutes later and got a inside room was i mad, its old, worse breakfest ever hardly any choice to choose from it was blah and nasty. i would not recommend you to stay at this hotel, unless you have very little money, Only plus thing about this hotel is the bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill W
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our camping trip with the grandkids got rained out, so we started searching for alternative weekend plans. We found the Westgate Inn on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try.

Were we ever pleased! With no exaggeration, our grandkids played in the pool for 8.5 hours on Saturday. 8.5 hours in the water! The slide was so much fun for them, I can truthfully say I think they went down it 100 times each. It's a fast slide, so it was very thrilling to them. Even Grampy tried it and each time, the pool echoed with his "Whooo!" :)

The breakfast provided was pretty good. I've had better, but I've had much worse. There was enough variety to find something everyone liked.

We asked for a room right next to the pool and this worked out really great. Trips back to the room were quick and easy. Our room had two double beds, which were comfortable enough. The room was very clean. There was a flat screen t.v., refrigerator and microwave too. Since we had a canceled camping trip, we decided to set up the tent in the room so the kids could still pretend they were camping. There was ample room to set this up by moving the chair and footstool. I'd call that pretty roomy.

Since we were right next to the pool, yes.....the room smelled like chlorine. But to my grandkids, that smell = fun! You can't expect pool smells not to come into adjoining rooms, no matter where you are. So we were just fine with this and the 2nd night, we couldn't even smell it anymore.

Also, with such a large pool right outside the room, we did notice some dampness. Not a lot, and not surprising. It actually kind of reminded me of our room in Peace Lodge (Costa Rica) (yea, $300.00/night, whew). You kind of ARE in a rain forest here if you have a room off the pool. We didn't visit the outside rooms, but I doubt they had any humidity since they were away from the pool.

What we got for our money was really a exceptional value. Nice, big, clean room with a "waterpark" right outside the door, a hot breakfast included,pool towels provided, and a lounge off the pool (enclosed) which had pool tables - all were more than we could ever find for this price. I'm pretty sure this will be the place of choice whenever we want to take the kids out of town but not drive too far.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 156, which was two doors down from the gate that enters the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family