“Police, prostitutes, and a broken toilet...”

Westgate Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“Police, prostitutes, and a broken toilet...”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We needed a place to stop over on our way to say goodby to a very sick family member. The $54 rate and an indoor waterslide seemed like a good way to break up the trip for my son.
You definitely get what you pay for. The desk person was more interested in the people at the bar than guests. Our constantly runnong toilet was "fixed" so it didn't work at all. There were police with weapons drawn at one point in the lobby, we locked ourselves in the room. We left before 5 the next morning and my son got to witness two prostitutes hang out with the morning desk worker before their "ride" showed up.
Good thing we had lots of Lysol and an adventurous attitude, that's why we have it twos instead of ones.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tbarnsback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had outside room all three times i stayed here, wanted inside room when i asked for a inside room the lady said they had none avalible but a woman walked in 30 minutes later and got a inside room was i mad, its old, worse breakfest ever hardly any choice to choose from it was blah and nasty. i would not recommend you to stay at this hotel, unless you have very little money, Only plus thing about this hotel is the bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill W

Travelers are raving about these Clarksville hotels

Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our camping trip with the grandkids got rained out, so we started searching for alternative weekend plans. We found the Westgate Inn on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try.

Were we ever pleased! With no exaggeration, our grandkids played in the pool for 8.5 hours on Saturday. 8.5 hours in the water! The slide was so much fun for them, I can truthfully say I think they went down it 100 times each. It's a fast slide, so it was very thrilling to them. Even Grampy tried it and each time, the pool echoed with his "Whooo!" :)

The breakfast provided was pretty good. I've had better, but I've had much worse. There was enough variety to find something everyone liked.

We asked for a room right next to the pool and this worked out really great. Trips back to the room were quick and easy. Our room had two double beds, which were comfortable enough. The room was very clean. There was a flat screen t.v., refrigerator and microwave too. Since we had a canceled camping trip, we decided to set up the tent in the room so the kids could still pretend they were camping. There was ample room to set this up by moving the chair and footstool. I'd call that pretty roomy.

Since we were right next to the pool, yes.....the room smelled like chlorine. But to my grandkids, that smell = fun! You can't expect pool smells not to come into adjoining rooms, no matter where you are. So we were just fine with this and the 2nd night, we couldn't even smell it anymore.

Also, with such a large pool right outside the room, we did notice some dampness. Not a lot, and not surprising. It actually kind of reminded me of our room in Peace Lodge (Costa Rica) (yea, $300.00/night, whew). You kind of ARE in a rain forest here if you have a room off the pool. We didn't visit the outside rooms, but I doubt they had any humidity since they were away from the pool.

What we got for our money was really a exceptional value. Nice, big, clean room with a "waterpark" right outside the door, a hot breakfast included,pool towels provided, and a lounge off the pool (enclosed) which had pool tables - all were more than we could ever find for this price. I'm pretty sure this will be the place of choice whenever we want to take the kids out of town but not drive too far.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 156, which was two doors down from the gate that enters the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank skoeper
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband had to be in Ft. Campbell, Ky. on business, and the hotel we stayed at was amazing!. The staff was very nice and friendly and the rooms was very clean. This was our first visit and we loved it. They have inside and outside rooms. The first night that we were there, we were on the outside and our cell phones didn't get any reception.
We called the front desk and there was no problem in moving us. We moved to an inside room and they have and inside large pool in the center of the hotel, they also had pool tables and a bar inside and we really did love that. There was a full breakfast and it was amazing. We never expected it to be this nice, but this hotel gets 5 stars from us on every thing. We also were just 10 minutes from the army base where my husband was working and everything was all in one place.

Room Tip: Wonderful place to stay!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vilseck, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had an extended stay over the Chritmas holidays and found the hotel to be a very good match for my needs. While the accomodations are a work in progress, the owner and friendly staff have really made this hotel a pleasant, clean, and enjoyable stay. I would recommend this to anyone with lots of kids or on a budget - or both. I for one will return next time I need a place for an extended stay in town. Thanks all for a great holiday vacation!

Room Tip: Many of the rooms were recently renovated. Ask for one of those rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice over the last two weekends. We first stayed there over St. Patrick's day weekend. Clarksville was having a pub crawl and my wife and I invited some friends down and we went out on the town. Around 2am we stumbled back to the hotel room. This place is not a 3 or 4 star hotel. But it's a good place to crash. I got the military rate and we had a king suite. The manager Raj is a cool guy. Very accommodating. The bar is nice. We liked it well enough to come back the following weekend for an impromptu "night alone" as me and the wife again enjoyed ourselves. And guys... I LIVE IN Clarksville. We just love having a good time and the ability to stumble home from a bar without getting into too much trouble. Check out Wild Woody's or the Electric Cowboy for good times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Clinton, Kentucky
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had my family of six for two nights and found the hotel clean and very accomodating. The pool area was great and the kids have a lot of fun in the water even though it was cold outside. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner during my stay and I must say he is a very honest and truly genuine individual. Thanks for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family