“The Good, Bad and Ugly.”

Westgate Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place has been renovated. It looks decent when you arrive...clean with a bar. The pool is indoors and is AWESOME especially for kids. There is always coffee on. These things and the very reasonable price save the place. Also restaurants are in walking distance. The breakfast in the morning is early and awesome. The room windows face inside to the pool and ventilation is poor. The rooms are clean, but they smell. When I got home and opened my suitcase that smell lingered on my pajamas and luggage. Nasty. The bathroom tile is cracked and the bed sits on partical board. The towels look dingy. In fact the room looks dingy. i will say even though it appeared seedy, it was CLEAN. The staff is MOST helpful and friendly. I would stay there again because the place is safe and cheap. I hope they keep making upgrades to the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice sized rooms, had a room overlooking the inside pool. Nice and clean and great breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff. We will stay again and bring friends! Hope to stay the whole weekend next time! Good place for ther amount of money.
Cindy T

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy T
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a trip to Clarksville for a soccer tournament. After talking to Tara the sales manager & the owner Roger who are super nice we decided to stay here. I was not sure about staying here, but I am glad that we gave it a shot. The saff and owner are AWESOME! The boys loved the pool, great breakfeast. Was a good choice for a group of 11 year old boys they had a good time were able to run around and not distrub anyone because of the inside layout. A bit outdated, work is being done and has many inprovments. If you normally stay at a Hilton or a hotel on that line you may not like this one.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor poolside.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cat B
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would have given the hotel a 4 but I do have a few issues. First the good...
1. Awesome heated pool
2. Huge Breakfast. We are contractors and being able to eat at 5am was very nice.
3. Clean Rooms (american girl, a little heavyset in housekeeping was very sweet)
4. Roger (owners name ?) is very accomidating and seems to really care about what his quests think.

The bad
1. The side next to the small hotel on the other street can be loud at night
2. The girl who works the desk that has the ridiculous piercings in her ears was in the bar working one night and pretty much demanded tips from everyone. She even tried to flat out keep the change from my beer. Tips are earned dear and you didn't earn them. I found her to be very rude and obnoxious both at the front desk and especially in the bar. I didn't go back in the bar the rest of my stay even though there were people in there with another bartender seeming to be laughing and having a good time because that one pissed me off so much.

Room Tip: My friends stayed in an inside room and said it was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank frequenttraveler716
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a quick trip to visit our son in college and decided to try this hotel for the price. Its old and dated. But the staff was friendly, the breakfast was a nice touch. I slept very well . The towels are old but they were clean and were rationed. But for the price it was worth it. I didn't like seeing the room number typed on a piece of paper and TAPED to the door, and the peep hole had tissue stuck inside it. I did not bother it. It needs updating and remodeling but If I can't afford another hotel that is more costly I might choose them again. VERY FRIENDLY STAFF.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank w j
Reviewed September 7, 2012

It may be older and dated, but it is clean, the staff is friendly and there is a huge pool great for the kids. I also stayed at the Super 8 this week which was more expensive and was horrible!! If your room opens to the pool area it will seem dark because your window is not to the outside. If you're there to shower and rest who cares if it's dark? It's better than the lights and sounds of traffic blaring in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angie B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

$ is cheap! Guess that's why it's cheap! Place smells Old and it's on a busy street. Hard to get in and out of the parking. Room was dirty, there were bugs in the tub and the room was so dark. I don't like how it smell, smell like old people.

• Stayed: August 2012