“Just say NO” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Columbia, Tennessee, United States
“Just say NO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was close to I-24 and the reviews were good, plus at $69 a night plus tax, the price wasn't bad either. When we checked in, we went to our room to find that the room was not ready. So we called the front desk and told the clerk it wasn't ready and she said "OK" and HUNG UP ON US. After waiting for 10 minutes we grabbed our stuff & returned to the front desk where the clerk was sitting behind the desk reading, obviously unconcerned. She gave us another room. We went to that room - same thing, not ready. We called down to the front desk again and were told to come back again. So we toted our bags back downstairs again. This time she gave us another room and it was ready. We unpacked our vehicle AGAIN, went upstairs and turned on the A/C which was off on a 90+ degree TN day to cool the room off. Next dilemma: the bathroom lights don't work. Another call to the front desk and 30 min. later the maintenance man shows up and repairs the light switch, which took a good 15 minutes. Later that evening when I start to get a shower I lean in to turn the water on and adjust the temperature and notice black curly hairs on the edges of the shower. Eww! And I was the first to take a shower and there is no possible way the maid had cleaned the tub! Don't expect a spare towel or washcloth either, 2 of each of the thinnest towels ever. The bed was clean but the mattress was sagging and worn. Light crept in from outside underneath the door seal. Anyone who says this place is clean needs to have their eyes checked, because although I saw no dead bugs, I did see a bug leg next to my washcloths on the bathroom counter, and part of a bug on the lid of the ice bucket. After all this I just tried not to look and make it to this morning without discovering anything else wrong. It was NOT clean, we did not check in early and took THREE TRIES to get into a room that was ready, there were MAINTENANCE ISSUES, and checking in was a HASSLE. Just say NO!!!

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, inspect your room before checking in!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with how clean this hotel is. Some reviews stated that is was not clean. And being the clean freak that I am, be sure that I inspected the room very good and our room was not dirty nor were there any dead bugs.The staff was very friendly and helpful. This hotel is convenient to many places to eat. In fact, we were able to walk to a really good restaurant for dinner. The breakfast area was well kept and tidy as well. We felt safe being there and would definately recommend it to anyone who needs a reasonably priced place to stay the night. It was also easy to get to off of the interstate highway. We will definately stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I can't believe we had to pay 80$ for our disgusting, filthy room. In the tiny space of flooring in the bathroom there were 3 large dead bugs. The toilet and bathtub were not cleaned. The fitted sheet on one of the double beds was king sized and ratty. My skin crawls just thinking anouth this place.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joliet, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I loved this hotel. The room was clean and the staff friendly. It was so quiet that I got to sleep in until noon! The pool was great and not crowded. This hotel made my vacation time so much better! The location is great too because it is on the main exit with all the food and shopping. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: my room was on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marymanager
Blackduck, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We just drove 900 and some miles and wanted a clean room and a place to have a beer and something to eat within walking distance. We asked the front desk lady if we could look at the room first. She gave us a key and we went and checked it out. Well the bathroom was dirty when my husband told her the bathroom was dirty she said thanks for stopping. My husband asked can we see another room and she said no. If u think that room is dirty u will think all the rooms r dirty. I said there r public hairs on the toilet. She then told us that she inspected it and the room was clean. We walked out

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Kellgab
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Clean comfortable and good location to shopping meals and local attractions.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Relax629
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I frequently drive from the Chicago area to visit my boyfriend who is stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. Every time that we have stayed at the Clarksville Super 8; our rooms have been very clean, and the staff has been extremely friendly and accommodating. They even let us push back our check out time at no charge when we were having trouble waking up one morning. The prices are affordable and the stay will be worth your while. I would certainly suggest this location to a friend or family member.

• Stayed January 2012