“Good place for price when u can't find anything else.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“Good place for price when u can't find anything else.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Reason I like this place is because they saved me and my son from sleeping in the car. Lol. We had been traveling and got stuck at the nastiest hotel in Nashville super 8. After I noticed bed bugs we ran for the hills and found there wasn't another room for 50 miles around Nashville cause of some convention. We ended up here, got lucky and got the last room. The other people are right though. The bathroom smelled moldy. But beds were clean and it was nice to go to sleep. Tv worked great. Air not so great. Full blast was a trickle. But thank god someone had left it on so the room was nice and cool. We missed breakfast so I can't comment. Front desk guy was ok but he acted like I was annoying him kind of when I was telling him our story of the super 8. He wanted to get back to watching the fight on tv and I was taking up his tv time. But overall cheap place for weary travelers. But I must say just avoid Tennessee at all costs worst state I've ever traveled through. It's really hard to find any nice hotels and do yourself a favor and just stay out of Nashville horrible city. I hate this state and can't wait to leave today. People are soo rude here.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Denver
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Where do I start? Grumpy clerk at the front desk. Stained furniture. Not one available electrical outlet. Parking places so narrow thjat you are guaranteed multiple door dings.

Finally, we will not take showers here for fear that we would be dirtier after the shower than before.

This is a $20 a night dump that costs $60.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick A

Travelers are raving about these Clarksville hotels

Westminster, CO
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Let's start off with the good: breakfast sandwiches were tasty and there is ample truck parking if you are towing something. My wife and I were towing a car cross-country, and needed a bed for the night.
This is a motel, not a hotel, so all the doors face outside.
This place is a dump. The rooms were very dirty, including the beds. We undid the covers, just to throw them back on, and sleep in our clothes. The room was just plain gross and not clean.
And to top it off, the hotel front desk staff is unfriendly. Hey guys, you are in the HOSPITALITY business . . . so if it is not too much trouble, say "hi" and make some eye contact with your guests. The check in person acted like we were a huge bother to him, and the checkout person did say a word, and when I said "I'm here to check out", she just reached her hand out to get my key and payment. Way to care about your customers.
Don't dare consider staying in this dump. There are other hotels/motels nearby which have to be better than this place. At $80 a night, this place is a complete rip off.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom - has to be a health hazard! Lots of deep cleaning and small repairs needed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I had recently stayed at a Quality Inn in Niceville, Florida, so I was expecting this place to be equally as nice. I was wrong. The Front Desk was unprofessional. She answered the phone with an attitude like she was bothered by the fact that I was calling. Our No Smoking room reeked of odors. We had to febreeze the entire room and put our car freshner in the room. The sheets had stains, the walls had stains, the carpet had stains, the bathroom looked crummy. The online photos of this place are deceptive. The free breakfast was pretty lame. The tap water at this hotel smells moldy. And to top it all off they try to sneak in a $1.50 charge for the safe that is in every room. They have a small sign that says you can request to have the charge removed at checkout. Luckily I saw the sign. I paid for $69 a night room and got a $29 a night room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnsonK_11
Jefferson City, MO
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We booked our room over the phone and chose this one because it was immediately off the highway we were traveling. We just needed a good swim to relax, hit the shower then the pillow.

We got to the hotel at 8:40 and the pool closed at 9. That's right, 9. The outdoor pool has no lights inside or, at least, none that were lit. The lighting around the pool was such that you couldn't see anything. Great for make-out sessions, not great for watching children.

I then hit the shower. The water pressure was great. Curved curtain rods are always a plus. Then I noticed I was sharing my shower with all kinds of mildew. I'm posting pics. Yuck.

When it came time to hit the pillow, I was happy that it was nice and soft. The beds are double, not queen. No biggee, though.

Breakfast was pretty lack-luster. They did have packs of mini-doughnuts and yogurt. 3 different types of cereal. It's was so-so.

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I reserved a room here because it was the last hotel available in the area with a national middle school girls basketball tournament going on in town. Every hotel was completely booked. Our reservation was made quickly and we had no problems there.

At first sight, the hotel looks and feels old and dingy. After we got our room keys, we headed off to our room to find that it wreaked of mold. As soon as you opened the door it hit you like a wall, and I immediately went for a replacement room. I was given the excuse that it was from shampooing the carpet and that it would be gone tomorrow, but I insisted on a new room.

So, round two began and I could actually walk into the room this time. No strange odors this time, just the typical old, musty hotel smell. I made it to the bathroom which was decently clean. I decided to inspect the fridge and noticed mold growing around the seal of the door. I gave up at this point and headed back to the lobby to get my money back and go somewhere else. At this point, my wife and I were prepared to (and would much rather) camp out in a sleeping bag and tent than stay there.

The front desk clerk tried offering me a third room, still insisting that his rooms were pristinely cleaned and shampooed... I respectfully declined and asked for a refund. 5 days later, I'm still waiting for the funds to go back to my account. $1,000 charge for a 15 minute debacle is pretty rough.

To end the story off on a good note, we managed to find a hotel that has suite rooms (brand new ones too) for the SAME price as one of these rooms in a nearby city. I'd avoid this place like the plague if I were you.

Oh, and to top it all off, the rooms are completely outdated and dingy, they need new sheets and comforters and pretty much new everything to be charging the same as everyone around. If "Quality" is their business, I sure never saw any here.

• Stayed July 2011