“Nice staff- not so quiet though”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The staff was very nice, but the rooms were anything but quiet. Sounds can be heard from hallway, next room etc. It was not sound proof at all. I was given an adjoining room because the one I reserved was not available. The door for the adjoining room has about a 1 inch gap at the bottom and everything the guests next door are doing, can be heard as if you were sitting in the same room. Also, maintenance decided to paint a door near the elevator at 5:30 in the evening and the fumes were awful- didn't seem to be any ventilation used. I guess the only thing that really upset me was the noise level. Oh-one more thing, the peek hole for the door is made for someone who is 6ft tall or taller. Couldn't see who was at the door, which I think is a safety issue.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed December 29, 2010

We stayed here for 5 days over the Christmas weekend while visiting family in Clarksville. We had one of the suites, which I believe were transformed by joining 2 single rooms. Very spacious with the bedroom and bathroom in one room, and living area with pull-out couch, chair, desk, and kitchenette in the other room. Furniture was updated except for the TV's. Beds seemed very new and extremely comfortable. Blankets were very nice and soft - no tacky velour blankets which I hate. Everything was very clean.

Breakfast was okay - glad to have eggs and sausage or bacon instead of just cold cereal and muffins. But the eggs were pre-made and reheated, a little lacking in quality. The main problem we saw at this hotel were some obvious, but minor, maintenance issues which really had no effect on our stay, such as a couple vending machines out of order, poorly repaired trim work, oddly placed light switches.

We would definitely stay here again; although not perfect, it's a great value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I had never stayed at a country inn and suites before. I checkin very late at night and the front desk attendant ( i think his name was Thomas) was very friendly and helpful. I had a few extra bags and he offered and helped me carry the bags to my room. the rooms could use some renovation. the breakfast was great. overall the stay was good!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I love country Inn and Suites and stay in them all over the country. I so wanted to write a good review for this hotel, but there were so many things wrong. There were some good qualities like the nice lobby and the spacious rooms. I love having all the room in the two-room suite with the little kitchen and the two tvs. It seemed to be really clean too until we opened the sofa bed and found popcorn and p-nut butter and crackers stuck to the mattress. My daughter was not thrilled with sleeping on it even after I sprayed it down with lysol. We were also not happy with the hot tub in the pool area has not worked the entire time we were here. I was told it has been out of order for months! But the absolute worst was when we were going out to dinner and found the elevator was out of order. We are on the 4th floor! It was very difficult for me since I have spinal stenosis and a torn meniscus in my knee. I had no other option but to slowly and painfully climb the stairs!Getting our luggage down is going to be a real ordeal! They did offer us a discount, but we are not happy.It is a shame to see this happen to such a nice hotel with such potential!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My only complaint is that the other people staying there made a lot of noise in the hallway and in the rooms nearby around 11:30 p.m. I understand there was a large reunion going on, but I wish the other guests could have been a little more courteous. We had been on the road 12 hours that day, and we were looking forward to getting some rest.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The room was clean and nice. I traveled with my husband and 3 kids(13,9,1) to visit family and the hotel was easy to find and located near every possible place you could eat and shop. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We checked in to a very nicely decorated lobby. Upon arrival to the 3rd floor we were greated with an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. We went to the front desk and were moved to the 4th floor which was not much better. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are on the same floor and the smell is over-whelming. The room smelled like mold/mildew/wet dog. The elevator was dirty and smelled like cigarette smoke. The pool area has a motion sensor to let you out but does not utilize the panic bar -- hope there is not an emergency! The chairs in the rooms were worn and there were water stains on the ceiling. For non-smokers this place is torture!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family