Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were down to TN to welcome our Son home from Afghanistan so we stayed for 4 nights. The outside of the building and lobby area are beautiful. We had gotten a suite because our Daughter and Granddaughter were with us and the beds (queen size) were the best I have ever slept on but then came the sofa bed. I don't think an animal would have been able to sleep on that thing. The furniture in the living room needs updating along with the carpeting in the whole room. The shower and sink drain were slow to go down the first day so I contacted the front desk and it was taken care of right away. Great. We had to ask for a bar of soap the second day. There are two sinks in the suite but only had one bar of soap. The staff was very nice. The lighting in the pool area was very poor and dark and the floor needs a good hard brush scrubbing to get the black stuff out of the cracks. We ate the breakfast the first day and all the food was luke warm. It was fine but needs some fine tuning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. Please note that we are now in the process of renovations. We are so excited for the changes coming our way soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the best Country Inn I've ever stayed in. The staff was warm and friendly. When they say "Full Kitchen" in the suite, they mean it. Even pots and pans, plates, cups, silverware. I can't say enough about this property. It appeared to be a new property, and we were quite surprised at the age when we found out it was 15 years or so old. Very spacious lobby and sitting areas. Breakfast was great. Steven & Erin were attentive and were very helpful at check-in.

Room Tip: The suites were extremely economical and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. As a valued guest, we sincerly appreciate your feedback and loyality to out location. We will see you soon on your next visit here with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel the last weekend of June and was overall surprised with my stay. I had stayed here a few years back and was not impressed with the hotel. I returned only because the location is well centered near the mall and food. Check in went very smoothly, and all of the staff were pleasant. The room was very nice and well priced for what we received. The next morning, breakfast was packed but the two ladies (both blonde, but I forget their names) were obviously busy but still found the time to welcome me and ask about my stay. The food was hot and delicious, and I left very full. It may have been the best hotel breakfast I have experienced. I just wanted to thank all of the country inn and suites staff for a pleasant stay. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just checked out of the Country Inn Clarksville. Had a great stay was checked in by a very friendly girl I believe her name was Beth Anne. She greeted me with a smile and even though she seemed busy (a couple of guests waiting in line behind me.) she still was very friendly and answered all my questions. My room was a basic hotel room but very clean and smelled fresh. Both the pool and exercise room were clean and user friendly. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful. They were very well stocked and the food was fresh and delicious. Both of the girls working in the kitchen were friendly and polite even though it seemed busy for a Monday. (maybe due to the upcoming holiday) I really enjoyed my stay at Country Inn and will return again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I when I checked in I had the pleasure of meeting Stephen, he was one of the best front desk employees I have ever met in my 37 years. He was friendly and exceptionally kind and went over everything in such a way that I would remember it. His co-worker Beth Ann later brought us up towels and pillows, she was another fine example of the perfect employee, I hope that the country inn knows exactly what they have in these two individuals because I couldn't imagine the place with out them. Thank you both for being shining examples and faces for the country inn. I will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The first complaint was that the only cover on the bed was the big comforter and a sheet. I don't know but my bet is that big comforter doesn't get washed every time that room is rented. And the hotel was nearly full and so you would think the young lady's fixing breakfast would have more to do then lean on the counter and be messing with her (Lena) phone. When the containers of eggs, potatoes, and bacon was empty. When i ask about when there would be more they said 10 mins. or so. This was at about 7:15 to 7:30 you would think they should be more prepared for breakfast on a Sat. morning with a hotel nearly full.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am so sorry that you did not get the customer service that we strive for here at Country Inns and Suites. Please accept pur apologies and we hope you will allow us to make this up to you in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in room 119. The room was large enough for our family of five, but that's about the only good thing I can say. Carpets were dirty/dingy, stains on walls, chipped counter in kitchen area, and the room reeked of pesticide. We found a dead cockroach between the mini-fridge and the wall, a live one in our bedroom, and another dead one in front of the pool area. The indoor pool was quite small and chilly. Thankfully, we only booked one night. The breakfast room was nice and offered a good variety of hot and cold food items. The lady at the front desk seemed shocked and apologetic about the cockroach problem, but didn't offer any compensation for our woes. Usually, we like County Inn and Suties, but avoid this one unless you enjoy the scent of pesticide and uninvited cockroaches in your room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay here with us. Thank you for bring to my attention about the issues in your rooms. We are preparing for renovations very soon here as we are excited to start this new adventure. I am sorry that you thought there were Bugs in your rooms as we had this room checked and the room had fire ants. Again, thank you for the comments.