“A convenient place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Illinois
“A convenient place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

What a difference a year makes! We paid almost 20.00 less last year and the quality of the place was so much better last year. The best part of our room was the bed and pillows. We had a great nights sleep. The carpets were stained and the room just seemed dingy. Last year we thought the breakfast was great! That was one of the things that wowed us a lot! Last year there were scrambled eggs, sausage links, patties AND bacon. This year there were preformed egg patties and cold sausage patties. We got down there to eat 30 min after breakfast started and the toast, bagels and English muffins were gone already which seemed bizarre to me considering the room was not packed. It's sad to see the prices go up and the quality go down. A good nights sleep is about all you're going to get.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank pmcraig67
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at our hotel. We are please to hear that you enjoyed the beds and pillows. We will see you on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here in April on the way home to Minnesota from Florida. Never have had a bad experience at Country Inn and usually my hotel of choice. Stopped somewhere else first that looked newer, but picked here because the price was right. I have no complaint with the staff, they were very friendly and efficient and even upgraded us to a suite. I was exhausted and thought this was really a nice gesture. Well, the minute I walked into the room I noticed a horrible smell like there had been a party there and someone had gotten sick. My friend convinced me not to complain just thinking the room had not been used recently and was maybe musty. So we turned up the air conditioner and went out to eat. When we got back it was no better and I was upset, but like I said, I was so exhausted from driving and just wanted to sleep. When I pulled back the spread and fell into bed I was even more disgusted as the bedding reeked, like the sheets hadn't been washed for years. Long story short, I slept with bath towels(also musty) over the sheets and my sweatshirt pulled over my head. Yes, I am to blame also because I didn't complain and have our room changed, I own that, but it was late by then. All I wanted to do was get some sleep so I could get up early and get the heck out of there. I'm 64 years old and have never, ever had an experience like this. I just can't believe this was a Country Inn. I was going to write a letter to the Corporate Office and try to get my money back. I did complain at the front desk when I checked out and got 10% off, but it didn't help much by then, I went to bed exhausted and left more exhausted. I hope Management takes these complaints to heart and makes some changes. I know I stayed here years ago and thought it was nice back then. I'm sorry, but had to write this in hopes improvements will be made.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy D
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are so sorry that you were not satified with you stay here back in April. I have not had one problem with any smell out of this room and we have had many happy guest stay in this room since you were here. I will continue to monitor this situation and thank you so much for bring this to my attention.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Comfortable, spacious room. Refrigerator and microwave. The price was reasonable. There were fresh cookies at the front desk, and very good breakfast. They use china and flatware.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie397
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was the first time staying at this hotel, we have stayed at a couple others in the area and this by far has been our favorite! The price was great for what you get as well!! It was very warm and inviting upon arrival. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good and they offer free cookies and coffee 24/7. This is a hotel we will definately return to on furture visits to Clarksville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SonaMarie
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was very friendly and when I asked for a restaurant recommendation, they gave me two. The parking spaces were nice and wide and there were plenty of them. The room was very large, very clean, and quiet. There is lots of counter space in the bathroom and family's would have room to spread out without tripping over each other. The one issue I encountered was with the WiFi. The signal is very weak (at least on the top floor). So much so that I shut it off and switched to cellular.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RetiredBoomer2011
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We sincerely thank you for the wonderful feeedback. It's comments such as yours that help improve our service for you, our valued guest. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thank you once again and we hope to see you at the Country Inns and Suites Clarksville!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Very nice, roomy hotel. Clean and comfy with very pleasant staff. Out son is a solider at the nearby base and we were traveling through on our way to Florida vacation. A few minutes prior to check-in we learned our son could spend the night though I had only made reservations for two. I asked Steve at the front desk if there was a chance for an upgrade or at least a cot for my son to use. He cheerily gave an upgrade to a suite. When we got to the "room" my wife said, "Wow, this would be a great apartment!" We left for dinner a few minutes later and when we returned there was a voice mail message from Steve checking to see if everything was ok with the room. Nice touch. Not sure we'll be stopping in Clarksville on our way back in two weeks but if we do, we'll definitely stay at the Country Inn!

Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Waxwing1
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Enjoy your stay here where the staff are so friendly and helpful. Nice spacious rooms, good breakfast to start you out in the morning or on the go. Indoor swimming pool, close to the mall, go the back way no traffic which I do like. Computer which I stay on. Exercise room, good down home country feeling warm and welcomed. The very vibrant General Manager Donna Martinez is the bomb. I wll return.

Rev Alex & Beverly Shanklin
Louisville, Kentucky.

Room Tip: Go and stay where you know.