“This is the place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hotel looks great. Fast check in and easy to get to room. Rooms very nice and spacious. Breakfast was wonderful, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, real oatmeal, fruit, bagels, 4 different coffees choices, teas. I most likely forgot something but you get the idea. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. If you are craving White Castle it's just down the block. We stayed here traveling south and then stayed the next week going north. I slept well, beds very nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for the awsome words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We'll see you soon on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I spent one night while en route to another destination and were very satisfied with the accomodations. The hotel seems relatively new and is conveniently located near I-24, shopping and restaurants. The lobby is spacious and rather plush for a medium-priced hotel. I peeked into the meeting room and was impressed.

The best part of the stay was the free breakfast. Food is varied and fresh, with waffles and eggs cooked to order by a nice lady. Tables are kept clean, too.

The only negative was a musty smell in our first-floor room. It wasn't oppressive and we only noticed it when we first entered the toom. Maybe a second floor room would not have this problem.

I'll stay here again if I pass that way.

Room Tip: Our first floor room smelled a little musty. Try one on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times, in fact it is the only hotel I have stayed at in Clarksville. I am a Club Carlson member so I try to use their brands whenever possible. That said I think it's time to find another hotel when visiting Ft.Campbell.
First let me say that the rooms and public areas are always clean and the breakfast is always good. The staff is usually friendly and courteous but at times I have found them to have the "It's just a job" attitude.
Unfortunately this last trip was sub-par and the hotel is in serious need of a new maintenance staff. We arrived early,stowed our luggage in the large and clean suite and left for the post to have dinner with our soldier son. When we returned at 9 pm the room was hot and the A/C would not come on at all in the family area of the suite. I called the desk where I learned that they were aware of the problem. Why did they rent me the room when they knew the A/C was broken? The young lady offered me a much smaller room that would not accommodate us so we declined opting to put our entire party in the bedroom area where the A/C worked because of the late hour. I learned the next morning that the clerk had told the manager we accepted the room. The manager did return my call that next morning promptly and ask what she could do to satisfy the problem. We received a 50% discount on the room. After I showered the next morning I was standing in front of the sink when water began dripping on my head, the ceiling was soaked. I notified the clerk on our departure.
All in all the hotel needs maintenance. A remodel and some new mattress wouldn't hurt the staff needs a refresher on customer service, particularly on greeting guests and recognizing Club Carson members. They no longer seem to offer the express check in for members. I hope the hotel management will address the maintenance issues and this place returns to the great little place it once was.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and check the mechanics.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Mr. Litterell,

Thank you for bringing to our attention about the A/C not working in the front portion of your suite. We have resolved the situation and the A/C is working great. We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for choosing us over the competition. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for an night during a painfully long road trip. We arrived late but the front desk gentleman was friendly and helpful. I would have given it a five but the roll away was like a medieval torture device.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stopped here overnight on our way back from Florida. Great value after government employee discount. Room was pretty nice. Lobby was very nice, and the workout room was a big plus. Best part was the breakfast. It is in no way a "continental" breakfast. This was a full breakfast that included egg omelets and waffles. The ladies working the breakfast room were very friendly. We will be stopping here again.

My only negative would be the sketchy characters that seem to hang out outside this hotel at night. Not sure there is much the hotel could do about this so I won't count it against them. It did make me want to move all my valuables out of the car and into the hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for the great comments. It is our goal to provide excellent service to all our guest. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel makes me feel at home from the first minute you walk in the door. The staff is friendly, the hotel is up-to-date and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for the great comments. It is our goal to provide excellent service to all our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed for 5 days. Hotel was typical for the Country Inn & Suites. The room was meticulously clean. The breakfast was good. The staff was extremely nice and friendly. At the same time that I was there there was a group of foreign guests who, due to dietary restrictions, couldn't eat pork. Every day the women had special food for them to eat since there was always some sort of pork for breakfast. I thought this was really cool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012