“great little German/Polish restaurant”
Review of Edelweiss Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Edelweiss Cafe
Cuisines: German
Reviewed September 20, 2011

from the outside it is very small and old, but the inside made you feel as though you just stepped into a warm and inviting kitchen. The food was outstanding, My boyfriend and I had the Schnitzel with red cabbage and spaetzle, very large portions!!! very good food!!! Dessert was AWESOME!!! The only thing I would change would be to get the german beer on tap, other that it was very very good. the server was also the owner and the chef, a very talented you lady who takes pride in how the food is presented. A little pricey but worth it!!!

1  Thank belladonna6265
There are newer reviews for Edelweiss Cafe

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Again,groupon got us there and I am glad.The gorgeous proprietor did speak a little German but originally hails from Poland.Doesn't matter.They know how to make schnitzel.I still have to ask why doesn't anybody in the States use veal?I would pay the extra..One other beef,pun intended, is that what they and every one else in the states calls brochen bears little resemblance to what I ate in Germany.These folks buy theirs from a German bakery who should know better than to sell these soft rolls as brochen.Oh,well,that being said the pork schnitzel at Edelweiss ist schoen dang gut.(pretty dang good).We had Pauliner Hefe-weisen and a dunkel(dark beer) who's company name escapes me.We also had the curry wurst which was good but a little lukewarm.I got fries with the curry wurst and they were crinkle cut.These are my least favorite fries but they worked when dunked in the curry gravy.No ketchup was needed..The portions were huge as is typical of most eateries in the C'ville area.The salad which was different than what I had in central and southern Germany was a bowl of cold beets,carrots,tomatoes,geen beans and lettuce.It was a bit different but good.The place really specializes in the sweets,which I don't eat but they looked great.The woman in charge is very friendly and very much in the know of her business.If you want German style food when you are in Clarksville try Edelweiss.

2  Thank jackman1111
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Ate here with a business associate and enjoyed every bite and minute. Small enough place that the manager takes time to visit, not just ask "how's the dinner". Being near Ft Campbell there were several soldiers and their families dining. It was comforting to see.
I had the jager schnitzel and finished with a piece of great rhubarb pie, both were excellent.
I also purchased several bars of German chocolate that turned out to be superb.

1  Thank fieldops
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This place is great when you want a change from the standard restauants that line Clarksville. However, the food is only average. It is nothing special. Nice for a change though!

1  Thank ishmael28
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We went with our family for a late lunch and was not disappointed. The server was prompt and friendly. The restaurant was clean and had lots of decorative items from Germany that were great topic of conversation. We had the jagerschnitzel and bratwurt mit pommes frites. The salad was tasty and the food hot and fresh. The lemon cake was divine and with kids in attendance we left with candies and plenty of leftovers. The only recommendation is for handcut pommes to add to it's authentic menu. I would return regularly and suggest it to several people.

1  Thank msdbeach