“Good stuff!”

Silkes Old World Breads
Ranked #4 of 400 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: German, Cafe, European, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Please note to order first then find a table. I was confused and noticed I wasn't the only one: ) Great, fresh, authentic food. The seating could be better but with food so good I'll deal with it!( or get it to go )

• Visited July 2014

Sandwich, Illinois
“Real German deli”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We buy sandwiches and cake to take back to our motel to eat when we travel through the Clarksville, TN area. Their deli is great and staff is very helpful.

Visited March 2014
Portland, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lecker!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

With great bread as a base, you can't go wrong with either sandwiches or pizzas, and the desserts? Die haben in Himmel gebäckt.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Awesome Bakery”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped by the bakery and did not eat at the restaurant. I purchased some rolls for our sandwiches that I was going to make at the lake. What fantastic bread! The price was reasonable for the bread we bought. It was worth stopping in to get some bread. The kids enjoyed hearing the employees interact with some of the customers speaking German. I plan to stop by again to try out their pastries and stock up on some bread.

• Visited June 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great for authintic German food, not so great for germaphobes”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a fantastic restaurant if you know what you are in for. It is the best place in Clarksville to get authentic German food. Go there for the experience, but do not go expecting it to be 'typical'. You enter the restaurant and order before sitting. The feel of the restaurant is that of an indoor-picnic. There is a makeshift play place for children, and a lot of exposure to German language.

However, as the feel is indoor picnic, and the food is cook-at-home variety, there are some things that fall through the cracks. Cleanliness is one. I have had experiences that were flawless, but other times I have found a bug in my salad, or had the counter or floor be unbelievably sticky in spots.

If you want German food, go here. If you cannot overlook some cleanliness issues, don't.

• Visited December 2013