“Wow!!! what a great meal and time we had!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Looking Glass Restaurant

Looking Glass Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Clarksville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Wow!!! what a great meal and time we had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

I've always gone during the week but a group of us went on Friday night and the food was awsome!!! We have been on other nights of the week but found out that Friday there was entertainment with a celtic group. Boy are they good too. It was great background music and we could still have a conversation. We learned that Saturday night there was a singer who preformed "oldies" music. You must go and try the sweet potatoe fries, the mac & cheese and those crab cakes! I'm originally from Maryland and the Maryland crab cakes don't even come close to tasteing as great as the ones at The Looking Glass! The crab cakes I had in Maryland didn't taste like they even have crab meat in them.

We visited the pastry case and this decision was as difficult as the main course. Everything is "home made" and looked great. Well, we ended the evening with a glass of wine and carrot cake. Cake slices a very large. I'm glad they have "to go" boxes - I had more of the carrot cake for the next mornings breakfast.

Anyone wanting a gourmet meal, where the resturand is not trying to "turn over the table" in a certain amount of time, needs to visit the Looking Glass, you just must.

I must host a business meeting and I inquired about their new room. It's private too. A manager named Tom was informative and I believe he will be great to work with. We can meet , have a lunch, break refreshments and they have all the audio/visual equipment that I will need. If the weather is nice we can have the break in the garden. They have this neat pond with colorful fish. Most relaxing.

We had such a great time I wanted to share this with everyone.

Can't wait to return - think I'll try breakfast one Saturday.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank poohette

Clarksville, Tennessee
“Horrible service! I will not go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I live close to the Looking Glass. We've been there before to get dessert to go, but never had a chance to dine in until tonight. The food was overall good, but the service was HORRIBLE! Our waitress continually ignored us. She never offered refills (or if they don't offer that even a new drink). She would look blatantly at our glasses and walk away. We were rarely checked on at all. It took a long time to receive our check after eating and get our credit card back. I had hoped this place would be good since we live so close to it, but I don't plan to go back after this.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jfisher20
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not worth the time or money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Food - below average and over priced. Not gormet or bistro at any level. The bisque was watery and almost tastsless. A dinner salad should not take an hour and a half to two hours to order, wait for, eat and then wait for the check. The young man who waited on me was pleasant though. Just not efficient I left a tip due to his good attitude. Doubtful he made the food.
Priced by ego not quality.
Sat on the patio by request.
I predict this place will not last. Maybe they could get persuade Gorden Ramsey to come and do one of his Kitchen Nightmares here?
I'll go back after that.
Oh, and the pastries although some are delicious are again, over priced.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank OI8124U
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Watch what they charge in your check!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

We ordered 3 drinks and 3 meals. My check---4 drinks and 3 meals with EXTRA. They added $3 Cafe au Lait which I DID NOT ORDER.
When you order side, be carefull, they charge more without letting you know. Make sure that it is included in your meal or NOT.

Do not order "Chicken". My shrimp and salmon was great. However, my two guests' checken were too dry!!

It was first time visit. I never go back to there. Not worth to paying over $20 per person when you have simply 1 drink and 1 dish.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank KYTN
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Awful service, Discrimination abound! Watch out nursing mothers!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Waitress didn't listen to my order, which included two substitutions that she agreed to. Then some guy claiming to be the owner turns around from emptying boxes and starts accusingly asking questions about the order, saying that it takes money to make the food. It was unbelievable! I really think it was because either I was darker than everyone in the restaurant, or I was nursing my infant. Why else would I receive such vile treatment? Horrible business owner, if he really was the owner, and a terrible business to have in Clarksville for this reputation. What's worse, I was on a business luncheon!

2 Thank acuriousword