All reviewsextended stayfull kitchena pet friendly hoteltraveling throughother hotelsstovepantryrefrigeratorsinksheetshallway
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for 5 days on business last June.
I've also stayed at the Wingate down the street, so my review will mainly compare the 2 properties.
I mostly look for Residence Inns while on business (as they are my benchmark for value in a semi-long term suite hotel)
At present there are no great suite hotels in Clarksville yet, but if you could combine Candlewood Suites and the Wingate, you would come close.

Best property outside - Wingate
Best lobby ambience - Wingate
Best great room and breakfast - Wingate (Candlewood does not have complimentary breakfast, nor does it have a central room for gathering.....only a small seating area.

Newer property - Candlewood
Suite type
- Candlewood has a rather small but full suite with fridge, stove, plates and utencils. (note even though Candlewood suite is a full suite, the decor is a bit dark and the window small)
- Wingate has only mini-microwave, min-fridge and no untencils, so it may not be suitable for long term stay

Pool area - Wingate is better

Problems? - oddly enough, at both the Wingate and Candlewood both bathrooms had an odd urine/BO type odor which wasn't able to be fixed by hotel staff.

Conclusion:
- If you are only interested in having a full sutie room (that is very new) with no concern for free breakfast, nice great room, pool, etc...choose Candlewood

- If the hotel ambience, features and sense of space are as important as the room and you're only staying a week, then you may like Wingate (also see my Aug 13, 2008 review of the Wingate)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank deathracer
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Great value and great place to stay. Very clean rooms, and great value for the price. Hotel is close to everything from food to entertainment for the family.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2008

We stayed at this inn for 2 weeks while in the area on business. With a full kitchen, a monthly free cook-out, a full stocked store, free wireless internet, and so much more, we never had to leave the hotel.

It was truly a mini-home for all of us. We cant thank the staff for their genuine kindness and hospitality. There was one problem with a billing issue, but was cleared up with a smile in a matter of minutes.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2007

My husband and I needed a hotel for 3 weeks and we have a dog. Most hotels that accept pets are not very clean or new. This one is both Clean and New. The kitchenette in the room was handy w/ a full size fridge, dish washer, stove and micro. The "self-help/honor system" pantry in the lobby was great for a quick meal or snack. The staff was really helpful and professional. I've been to other hotels in town, and this is the best one that allows pets. Plus they have a BBQ for free every Wednesday. My husband & I enjoyed the gym, laundry machines, and DVD library too.

Stayed: July 2007