All reviewsextended stayfull kitchena pet friendly hoteltraveling throughother hotelsstovepantryrefrigeratorsinksheetshallway
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Was passing through Clarksville and had made reservations at another hotel but arrived at the hotel and was told that the room I had booked was not available anymore! Was offered another room at a much higher rate so I told the desk clerk to just cancel the reservation that i was not interested in staying there if thats how they treated their guests. I found the Candlewood Suites and decided to give it a try! I am so glad that I did!!! Not only did they have an immaculate room ready for me but I got it at a better rate then the previous hotel and the room was 10x nicer!!! Super, super nice staff and one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in! I can honestly say that I am now a Candlewood Suites kind of guy! My thanks goes out to the Management and staff at the Candlewood Suites in Clarksville, TN!!! You guys ROCK!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in a King room. Nice and spacious with a kitchen, recliner and a computer desk!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick F
CKVTN, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Candlewood Suites! As always, the staff and management team at Candlewood Suites-Clarksville,TN strives to offer you the best stay experience on the market! We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed for a few nights after moving out of out house. They allow dogs which is a huge plus. The hotel is very nice and relatively new. The staff was all super nice and helpful. The Rooms are very nice sized and have everything you need. There is a little store down in the lobby if you need some quick snacks and even have movies to rent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ErnieandFred
Scott P, Owner at Candlewood Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

We loved having you and your dogs here!! Please keep us in mind for any of your future lodging needs. I will pass on your kind words to the staff.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay between Murfreesboro and Dover, TN and chose the Candlewood Suites because it had a kitchenette. I was trying to travel economical and wanted to cook a meal in the room rather than go out. The room was big enough for my needs with flat screen TV, WiFi, and a kitchenette. I was able to cook using the stovetop and microwave but would have liked a small oven. The water is the shower was plenty hot. The bed was sooo comfy. There was a fitness center and business center that I didn't use abd a small "store" that had food stocks,toiletries, newspapers, etc that you could access with your room key. The was not continental breakfast available but I found a Starbucks down the road.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank dmbakerphd

I am so pleased that you found our accommodations comfy and convenient. Nothing beats a hot shower and a cozy bed, and we are happy that we could provide both to your liking. There are quite a variety of hot and cold breakfast items in the Candlewood Cupboard that can save you a trip to Starbucks (although, frankly, who needs an excuse to go to Starbucks!) We also have toaster ovens available for you on your next trip through. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I will preface this by saying that we did not end up staying here. We had a reservation reserved online. First room they gave us reeked of rotten food from the garbage disposal. Second room reeked of cigarette smoke and urine. Third (yes, I said 3rd) room had small curly hairs on the bed, in the shower, and on the toilet seat. This hotel is disgusting. I travel all over the country and this is by far the worst Candlewood property I have ever stayed in. We ended up checking out and going to the Hilton Garden Inn up the road. The Priority club chain as a whole has gone down significantly. Don't give this one a chance. Sleep in your car instead!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear skull04,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Wow - this hotel has the worst customer service you could imagine. Our room was not available when we arrived. We had a confirmation but that didn't matter, we were offered a lesser room or nothing. Manager is never available. We did finally get to talk with him and he was the most unbelievably rude, yelling person you could meet. Definitely not manager material, heck -- not even front counter material. The girl behind the counter was much more courteous than he was but was under his authority so could do nothing to help us. Left us running around trying to find a place to stay. We finally got some help from another hotel that located an even better room for us at a competitor. We will stay there from now on. I have never experienced such a bad attitude as this. It wasn't bad enough that we were out of a room we had a confirmation for but what was worse was the excuses and rudeness. Do not stay here.... if you do, be aware, you may not get the room you booked if you get one at all. Confirmation or not. There are plenty of friendly staff at other Clarksville TN hotels. I advise you to go to them first, any of them, but this one. We have stayed in other Candlewoods in other states and have been treated wonderfully, just this one is ridiculous. They are all managed separately so other Candlewoods in other cities may be good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kasey C

We are so sincerely sorry that you encountered poor service at our Candlewood Suites and were left scrambling to make other accommodations. I want to deeply apologize for the rudeness you encountered from the Manager. We have taken drastic steps lately to overhaul our Customer Service and Cleanliness, and have been getting quite a bit of Positive Feedback. I know it is a lot to ask, but we would love to have another chance to make it right. If you are in the area, we want to welcome you back to show you the positive changes we have made. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies, and let us know if there is anything else we can do to make it better.