All reviewsextended stayfull kitchena pet friendly hoteltraveling throughother hotelsstovepantryrefrigeratorsinksheetshallway
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I will preface this by saying that we did not end up staying here. We had a reservation reserved online. First room they gave us reeked of rotten food from the garbage disposal. Second room reeked of cigarette smoke and urine. Third (yes, I said 3rd) room had small curly hairs on the bed, in the shower, and on the toilet seat. This hotel is disgusting. I travel all over the country and this is by far the worst Candlewood property I have ever stayed in. We ended up checking out and going to the Hilton Garden Inn up the road. The Priority club chain as a whole has gone down significantly. Don't give this one a chance. Sleep in your car instead!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear skull04,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Wow - this hotel has the worst customer service you could imagine. Our room was not available when we arrived. We had a confirmation but that didn't matter, we were offered a lesser room or nothing. Manager is never available. We did finally get to talk with him and he was the most unbelievably rude, yelling person you could meet. Definitely not manager material, heck -- not even front counter material. The girl behind the counter was much more courteous than he was but was under his authority so could do nothing to help us. Left us running around trying to find a place to stay. We finally got some help from another hotel that located an even better room for us at a competitor. We will stay there from now on. I have never experienced such a bad attitude as this. It wasn't bad enough that we were out of a room we had a confirmation for but what was worse was the excuses and rudeness. Do not stay here.... if you do, be aware, you may not get the room you booked if you get one at all. Confirmation or not. There are plenty of friendly staff at other Clarksville TN hotels. I advise you to go to them first, any of them, but this one. We have stayed in other Candlewoods in other states and have been treated wonderfully, just this one is ridiculous. They are all managed separately so other Candlewoods in other cities may be good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kasey C
Scott P, Owner at Candlewood Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

We are so sincerely sorry that you encountered poor service at our Candlewood Suites and were left scrambling to make other accommodations. I want to deeply apologize for the rudeness you encountered from the Manager. We have taken drastic steps lately to overhaul our Customer Service and Cleanliness, and have been getting quite a bit of Positive Feedback. I know it is a lot to ask, but we would love to have another chance to make it right. If you are in the area, we want to welcome you back to show you the positive changes we have made. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies, and let us know if there is anything else we can do to make it better.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The only good quality of this Candlewood Suites was the staff. The hotel itself was terrible. I stayed 4 nights and on the first day the toliet overflowed in the room. Thankfully the staff was on it right away and had it cleaned up. There was no hot water for 2 mornings straight so it was a very cold start of the day. Don't expect any room services for your room. I was told when I first got there that because this was a extended stay hotel, they only provided cleaning service for your room once a week. So you are responsible to take out your own trash and stuff like that and if you needed clean towels you had to go to the front desk and ask for them. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We were pleased to see that you found the staff pleasant, but we wanted to apologize for the inconveniences you faced while you were here. We have taken drastic steps lately to overhaul the service and cleanliness of the hotel, and have been getting great feedback. Unfortunately, one thing we can't change is the Weekly Housekeeping, as that is a Brand Standard nationwide. However, the staff should have been more accommodating. We have since replaced the hot water heater, and have had no further issues with hot water. I do hope you will give us another shot...let us know if there is anything we can do to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Candlewood. My room was very clean nice and tidy. It had a nice little kitchen including a dishwasher which i was very surprised by, it had all the dishes pots and pan u need to make a meal if you wanted to stay in and eat instead of going out.But if you did want to go out theres alot of restraunts around to choose from in just a short drive. The staff was so very nice and courteous, i didnt even hear them cleaning the other rooms around me. The clerk at the front desk, Helen was very heplful and made sure that i had a nice stay and was happy to help me with anything i needed. I will stay here again if im ever back in Clarksville.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

We are so pleased that you found your stay comfortable and peaceful. We take great pride in our staff and cleanliness, and hope we get to have you stay with us again at a future date!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I am beyond disappointed by this property. I always try and stay at Candlewood's, but I will never stay at this one again. After checking in and arriving in my room, I discovered what looked to be dog poop. I was mortified! How does that even happen? So I asked to speak to the General Manager and the front desk agent said he was not in the office and wouldn't be back until the next day (mind you, it was 3:20pm). Maybe the reason that the rooms aren't cleaned properly is because the General Manager isn't there doing his job. So I cleaned up the dog do-do and went about my day. The next morning I got to speak to the General Manager, who was quite rude might I add, and finally convinced him to credit me my money back. I will never stay there again. I strongly encourage everyone to stay away. In my experience, bad management always leads to bad service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business