“Very Good visit”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 410 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a lunch stop on a business trip with five colleagues. Upon entering through a large waiting crowd, we were quoted 10-15 minutes, which turned out to be accurate. Our waiter arrived promptly and announced that he was being trained by the young lady at his side. He was very nice and professional. Starting off, some of us ordered side salads and they were very large and fresh. Between the lot of us, our meals varied from steak and chicken tenders, grilled tilapia, chicken pot pie, and ribs. Everything was hot and tasty, the portions for lunch were very large, and the prices were reasonable. Steaks were cooked to order and seasoned well (they were sirloins). Most of us had food left over and everyone was very satisfied. One little glitch- the main courses arrived only seconds after the salads reached the table. I almost felt like I needed to rush through my salad in order to finish in time with those who didn't order one, not to mention that at that point, table space was very cramped. Aside from that, a pleasant visit with good food and friendly staff. If you like huge portions of good food at a reasonable price, you can't go wrong here(the kids are guaranteed to have leftovers from the chicken tenders). Regarding cleanliness, the dining room and restrooms were tidy and inviting.. Clarksville has benefited from a good establishment.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted to sit outside and have a drink on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. In Clarksville, there are a couple of choices, and we decided on Cheddar's. We told the hostess we wanted to sit outside and she said there's an 11-16 minute wait time - nice humor vs. the typical 10-15 minute wait time. We got a drink at the bar - the two bar maids were of great personality - and went outside. There was one clean empty table and two dirty tables. We waited patiently waiting for our buzzer to light up, curiously eyeing the empty table. When I went to the hostess stand, I mentioned the clean table that had been there the entire time as well as the two other now clean tables. The girl getting ready to seat us said "Oh, you could have just seated yourself outside". ARGH - so a little confusion between the staff. Our waiter was spot on with a great sense of humor. We had an appetizer which was very good. The restrooms were clean and stocked. Although we didn't sit inside, the areas we walked through, as well as the ouside area were clean. Highly recommend. We will return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently tried this with a friend who was happy with her first visit here. We arrived at a fairly busy time, and sat at the bar to wait for our buzzer to go off. Very friendly accurate service there. We got our seats about 10 minutes after arrival, and chose our food - I chose the shepherds' pie. It was supposed to have thin sliced fried onion stacked on top. It all looked pretty greasy when it arrived, like the oil was not hot enough, and it was not well drained. I asked them to re-do the onion, and it was the same, then I had them take the onion off and ate the meal. It was not excitingly flavorful, but I have to remember this is shepherds' pie. Waitstaff was always polite. Reasonable price. I would go somewhere more exciting next time.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are not a fan of chain restaurants so when Cheddar's opened up in Clarksville, my husband and I laughed, "Oh no! Another chain. Can't we get some more family owned and operated restaurants here?" However, some girlfriends and I stopped by last week for lunch and I have to admit that the restaurant was very, very nice. The food was very good and fresh. Prices are very reasonable. Our waitress couldn't do enough for us and didn't rush us out even though we sat around visiting. I had the combo half BLT and salad. The salad was freshly made and cold. My friends also enjoyed their meals. I have to say, I will bring my husband in for lunch. I'll come back.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had never eaten at a Cheddars before but will in the future
$ 5.00 for a huge Margurita!! Great food! Best value!