“BED BUG ALERT!!!-DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!”

GuestHouse Inn Clarksville
GuestHouse Inn Clarksville
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed September 30, 2013

At first, our room appeared clean, but in the morning, my husband found small blotches of blood on his pillow. We inspected the sheets and spreads and found BED BUGS !!! It was so disgusting! We have NEVER seen these insects in our lives. The girl at the front was nice when we reported it , but she was given a very hard time by her superiors before we could get a refund.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms before you pay for them. If your request is refused, it probably means there is eit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kas B

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed twice. Rooms smelled clean and pleasant. Bedding was clean. No dust nor dirt that I inspected. Good price. We travel alot and paid more $ for way less that we got in this room. Desk clerk were very nice and helpful. Breakfast could have been better. But for value you truly get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pictures really can be deceiving. We just stayed here August 30 - Sept. 2, 2013. I am not a picky person but I was very displeased with this hotel. The rooms are NOT clean and are in desperate need of repairs.

The room was HOT when we first got there. It was 90+ degrees outside and the hotel didn't even have the ac on in our room. We turned it to the lowest setting of 60 degrees on max and fan. Friday night it was still miserable. It took until Saturday night for it to finally get livable but was still very warm in room. As it was up until we checked out and we never turned it down :(

The bathtub couldn't be stopped up as it was messed up which made it very difficult to give my 2 year old grandson a bath. And the toilet... every time we flushed we had to remove the tank lid to shut the flap down so it would stop trying to fill with water.

There was a big dead cockroach on the floor that unfortunately my grandson found for us.

There were obvious cobwebs from the lampshades and lights beside the beds. And mold growing on the shower curtains, which is very unhealthy.

My grandson dropped his pacifier behind the head of the bed one night and I had to reach behind the bed for it. It felt like I was sticking my hand into a forest of cobwebs. It was AWEFUL!

The breakfast was very slack. I've stayed at a lot of places and I know what a continental breakfast is but they would have been better off not to serve anything. The variety of pastries (oatmeal cookies and honeybuns) resemble some that I got at the dollar store. Very small and very cheap. I think they had gravy for biscuits but it looked so dried out (film on top) and obviously the same as the day before.

If you do chance staying here make sure you take pillows. The ones provided are very small and uncomfortable. And don't ask if they have extras because they don't (so they said).

I rarely stay at very nice hotels and usually do stay at the value inns, but I would have gladly paid more for a clean, properly maintained room. And I will on my next visit to see my son at Fort Campbell. I really was hoping I finally found a reasonably priced place to stay for myself and my fellow Army moms. Very disappointed :(

Room Tip: GO somewhere else. If you are looking for a bargain, Westgate Inn was great earlier this year when...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had I read these reviews ahead of time I probably would not have stayed here. Stayed here due to a coupon in the book from the rest areas and welcome centers. Found the hotel clerk to be a very nice girl with a pleasant attitude, the rooms while dated were clean and comfortable and better than most super 8s I have stayed in. In a busy crowded location but surprisingly quiet and peaceful. Average continental breakfast, speedy wifi, not the most comfortable bed but by far not the worst either. For the price I was satisfied and would consider another overnite stay while passing through.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

On our way home from Florida, we stopped in Clarksville TN at the Guesthouse International Inn. It was very reasonably priced, quiet, clean. We had a room on the 2nd floor at the very end, and pretty sure there weren't any rooms being used around us as it was very quiet.

The one negative thing we noticed is that it took a very long time for the water to become hot. We had to run it for about 5-10 minutes before it warmed up. I'm guessing that the rooms on that end of the building had not been used for awhile.

The room appeared to be fairly clean - particularily the bathroom, and I am pretty finnicky about those things. Sounds like other visitors have had issues with bugs and cleanliness, but we did not experience that (yes, I did check the bed for bugs!). We had a king non-smoking room, and it was pretty spacious (actually a suite).

I think this hotel gave us what we expected (maybe more) for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Checked in 2/28 after a long day of travel. Upon entering the room we could see filth in the carpeting and what looked like pizza sauce on the walls by the door. Wanting to take a shower, I turned on hot water but it was cold....called front desk. they said to let water run 5-10 minutes as room had not been used in a while. Finally did get warm water. Coming out of shower, I noted a coffee maker, an "amenity" mentioned upon check-in, but there was no coffee pot! Then I went to pull back bedding and saw immediately 5-6 bed bugs, on pillow and in sheets. I called front desk and asked her to come to the room as I was very upset and wanted her to see for herself and said I would be leaving and wanted a full refund. She did not show up, so my friend and I packed up and went to the lobby. I was told I had to wait for manager for refund. Well, the manager showed up about 25 minutes later and ignored me. He went straight behind desk, got a master key and somehow went another way to the room. I went around the outside and entered the room and he was pulling bedding apart and refused to listen to me so I could show him the bugs... there was one he could plainly see, however, denied seeing it as he quickly shook out the sheet and lifted mattresses. He was rude and in denial and would not talk with me reasonably. I was very upset and met him again in the lobby where I expected to get my refund. He offered another room, however, I was not at all interested in another room at this hotel by this time. He finally said he would give a partial refund as he "would not be able to rent the room out that night now". Well it was now almost 11 PM and the place was virtually empty of guests (not a good sign I guess), so he had plenty of rooms. After requesting numerous times my refund and make a fuss, he finally refunded me my cash. This was a horrible experience!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel has very good rates compared to other hotels in the area. We were driving home from North Carolina to Illinois when we needed to stop for the night to rest, i had called several other hotels in the area and they were very highly priced. We got a 2 queen bed room for 67.00 total when everyone else wanted 100.00. I usually check the room out before i pay but was so tired from driving i did not this time and the room ended up being clean and not a bad room at all. When checking in there were other there that seemed to be having a few issues but we had none at all. The help could be a little more friendly but other than that no major complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family