“Dirty Room”

Red Roof Inn Clarksville
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed 1 night and had our dog with us. I did not walk on the carpet on my bare feet due to the dirt; room smelled like an animal cage; bed was hard; sheets and "blanket" were thin like paper; bedspread probably hasn't been cleaned for over a year; bathroom was OK and we did have hot water. We had advanced reservations and the motel clerk was OK. I wished there were clean rooms for those who travel with pets. We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, you might be able to tolerate for 1 night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is an older place tucked behind the Super 8. The first impression of the lobby gave me hope. It is very modern, updated and nice. Unfortunately, the room didn't deliver the same quality. It was missing many of the regular amenities like a hairdryer, iron, coffeemaker, safe, etc. Overall the room was clean enough except for the sticky striped carpeting. I put my shoes back on after sticking in two different places. Eww!
It does have a nice granite counter and the bathroom is large by hotel standards. The towels were on the small and scratchy side, but were clean and functional. It does have parking at the door which we like because we travel with our cat and need to transport a litter box, crate, floor covering, cooler, and luggage. We don't travel light. I know some people don't like exterior entrances, but it works for us.
The room did have a small round table with 2 chairs as well as a desk with another chair. It also had a small fridge and micro as I recall. The room was average in size. The beds were comfortable and bug free.
I probably would have given them 4 stars, but I think for $80 it should have provided more amenities and better quality furnishings
The employees we encountered were pleasant and professional. The breakfast was honey buns, muffins and cereal. We passed on it.
Overall, I would stay again but I will be looking at other options in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I would stay here again even though the rooms are old and need renovating...because ALL of the employees here are superb. This is a pet friendly room and served all of our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Room smelled very musty. Beds were clean and reasonably comfortable. Furniture subpar... Ancient microwave plugged into power strip with cord routed through rough hole in small dividing wall to where socket is. Rooms definitely in need of an update. Lightbulbs were cheapest available fluorescent; very green. Showerhead was cheapest available also. No problems with room or road noise. Breakfast was cheap honey buns and cheap muffins.

Overpriced by about 25-30%. A fair price would be $50 as of 2012.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I chose this place from the TripAdvisor reviews. I agree with most of them in that we had a very clean room and experienced very friendly staff. The single king room had a mini-fridge and microwave and a decent continental breakfast of sweet rolls, muffins and cereal plus coffee, juice or milk. Every store and restaurant ever needed was close by and gas prices were low compared to Illinois were we passed through. The only negatives were minor. We experienced a weak wifi signal that dropped in and out. Also, our T-Mobile coverage was in and out too. It could have been just our room 216 location. Overall, for the price, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I spent 3 days here relocating from California due to my husband being military. The restroom wasn't what I expected. It was clean but very stained and dingy. The beds were comfortable and the TV and WiFi were pretty good. The manager who worked the morning shift was very helpful and friendly. But I didn't care for the man who worked the night shift. The free continental breakfast sucked! It was cold honey buns from the dollar store, coffee, cereal, and gross orange juice. It was okay but I'd go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I had traveled from Texas to Clarksville with my family and two dogs. Upon arriving to the area I found that the Red Roof Inn was one of the few hotels that were pet friendly as well as military friendly by offering me a discount. They have large area for you to walk your pets. If you have a large vehicle or towing something you have a wide area to park and the parking lot has plenty enough light to ensure your vehicles are safe. The rate was unmatchable to the other local hotels and the hotels on the local military post. The staff was extremely friendly and professional (Lisa). They gave us guidance on the local restaurants and attractions around the hotel. Room service was on point when it came to getting us extra towels and cleaning the room while we stayed at the hotel. So if you are heading this way I recommend you stay at the Red Roof Inn for their wonderful hospitality and professionalism.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family