“I wouldnt stay here again”

WoodSpring Suites Clarksville Ft. Campbell
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I Stayed at the Value Place before deploying because I needed a place to stay for 2 weeks before my unit was deploying. I had a reservation for a NON-Smoking room with a confirmation number which was not honored. I was in a bind and had all of my belongings in my car, so I took the "one" room they had, which was a top floor smoking room. The room was amazingly smoky and despite my efforts to make the room more inviting (I bought Febreeze and kept the windows open 24/7), the room still stunk. I agree with the earlier reviewer that they Nickel and dime you. My shower mat towel had some dirt on it, so they told me I could do a load of laundry in their laundry room or pay for it. I elected to just pay for the towel, even though they wash the linens and bath items when you leave. Whatever. The military discount was $20 off my first week's rent, which is nice, but nothing to write home about. Most of the people who lived at the hotel were contractors working on projects in the area. Since the hotel has gone up, the weekly rates have gone from $179/week to $239.99/week. And NOTHING is included. I paid extra to have internet access, which I think should be included in the price of the room. You could pay extra to have your room cleaned by their house keeping staff for a fee. With the extras, it totally isn't worth it. I'm getting ready to PCS and need a place to stay for two weeks...I'll be taking my Travel allowence somewhere else though. I had no issues with safety or damage to my car while I stayed at the hotel, which was one positive that I would note...but this should be expected. Not a place I recommend to my fellow Soldiers.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank goldarch
bna47040, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Clarksville Ft. Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

At Value Place our only interest is to make sure our guest are happy. Due to the return of so many of our great troops we have been very busy. We always try to make sure our guest have the room type that they prefer. In any of our reservation system we do not guarantee smoking or non smoking. If at all possible when a guest checks in they do not like there room type or location we are more than willing to move a guest to a desired room. In this case witch we did as fast as we had a opening. We offer a hotel that is clean and safe. We can guarantee that is any service member or future guest that would like to come take a tour will say it is the cleanest hotel they have been in. We take pride in cleaning all carpets after every guest and insure that everything from the shower curtain to the last piece of linen in the room is removed after every guest. As far as our rates, with in increasing economy that every person is filling we have unfortunately had to raise our rates a small amount but yet still make sure we are the best price for any guest. Over 50% of our guest are service member and they are all happy and we love having them with us. Our number one goal is to make sure our guest stay happy no matter what it takes on our part. As a hotel the only thing we ask is that you come take a tour and we guarantee you will want to be part of the Value Place family. As the manager of this hotel my cell phone number is available to all guest at any time for any reason. I offer this to make sure for any reason or anything that a guest needs I am available to make sure there problems are always solved. We ask that you give us a try and we promise you will not be let down.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

It seems like a great deal, but it is not. You are nickled and dimed for everything. The staff is unfriendly. Even when I was locked out of my room because of their card system. Not responsive to guest's needs. I would not reccommend this property to anyone. The price is not worth it. Military do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. The little things add up. If you are PCSing or on official travel take your travel entitlements elsewhere and find a nicer place to stay. If you are in a bind, maybe but only as a last resort...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank jhath001
valueplace47040, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Clarksville Ft. Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

I hate to see a guest leave a review like this. We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I would encourage any get to let us know if something is not correct do we may fix this issue. I know we are the best value in town. We are very clean and safe. We pride our selfs on how clean our rooms are kept. After each guest we shampoo carpets change all bedding and even put up new shower curtains. Our landscaping is currently being updated and we will soon have a new look. Please come have a tour and get to know our great staff.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

No restaurant, no gift shop, no pool or lobby - but for a clean, secure, quiet, friendly, inexpensive place to spend a week or more, I highly recommend it. Mostly blue collar workers, military, and folks still rebuilding after May's flood. Staff at the front desk only during business hours but reachable 24/7. GREAT staff. Top notch. 100% cleaner and more comfortable than neighboring Days Inn and Red Roof Inn.

2  Thank ssuga
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Full kitchens, but you had to pay for the essentials.

The hotel sits on a lot of weeds and dirt; NO GRASS or landscaping! Small rooms, twin lumpy mattresses on plywood, RUDE staff, and pages of rules that make you feel like you are at summer camp.

It was in a great location though. But with the dozen hotels acrossed the street, you can find an extended stay hotel that is still affordable.

2  Thank Amberfp
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I stayed at the Value Place for several weeks. It is a great place to stay for long stays.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business