“VERY umprofessional!!!!!”

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Nashville, Tennessee
“VERY umprofessional!!!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I booked a a room at this hotel through HOTEL.com and upon arrival to the hotel I was chocked with how umprofessional and rude the staff are.
upon arrival at 3:15pm I aproached the nice front desk area to find NOBODY there! after a few minutes the front desk agent, "that looked more like a guest, based on his appearance and attire" walked ove and said: May I help you? i said i wantd to check in, he asked for my information and a credit card for incidentals, since the room was already paid. For some odd reason his system wasn't working or he just didnt know how to do his job, but he couldn't get an approval on my card. I gave him a second card, a third and a fourth card, all of them with plnety of funds and insisted in telling him that something was wrong on his part. I understand that a lot of times people have issues with cards but when you are holding a company's business PLATINUM card and the guy is almost laughung at you thinking that you are broke and says; I can't check you in, because i cant get an authorization on your card. Its very frustrating. I called the bank to see if there were any blocks on my cards but nothing was wrong, his atittude never changed and all he could say was I CANT CHECK YOU IN WITHOUT AN AUTOIZATION ON YOUR CARD. I waked out and checked in at the Hilton garden inn, just down the street from it and only 29.00 USD more.
When adding up my expanses forr the week and looked at my statements i came to realize that the "Jason" the stupid front desk agent did in fact place a hold of 85.65 on ALL cards that he swiped. STAY AWAY fom this hotel. I would recomend this place not even to my worst enemy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Fabiano28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed here for an overnight and it was o.k. The hotel is very new and upon first glance looks awesome. When we got to our room there were some minor issues. There was someone else's pony tail holder on the floor, a few bugs (beetles), and some hair in the bathroom. We also thought the beds were uncomfortable. The breakfast was simple, but very good. The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. It was fine for an overnight.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Loved it! Nicest hotel I've ever stayed in for such a affordable price!!! The only negative I found during my 2 day stay was the carpets had a lot of pet hair on them. Everything else was excellent! I will definately stay here the next time I'm in the Clarksville area!!!

• Stayed June 2010
Central Illinois
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This hotel is brand new and it shows. Front desk was very polite and informative at check-in. The hotel is in a great location with lots of restaurants and a Walmart right next door. My only criticism would be the beds. Both beds in our room were very soft and sunken towards the center. We were expecting a little better mattresses at such a nice hotel.

If traveling with kids, the indoor pool is pretty small. The continental breakfast is pretty basic but does the trick ok.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Oklahoma!
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The staff was excellent, the hotel was great. I've stayed here for extended periods of time and I've stay here for only one night. This is a great hotel at a great value. I'd highly reccommend it!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2009

My husband, 1yo son, and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is fresh and clean. The rooms are spacious. And the amenities are excellent. The continental breakfast is rather sparse, but there are numerous restaurants nearby. We have stayed here twice and would not hesitate to book a room again for ourselves or our family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Mainstay has only been open a few months, so everything was clean and smelled new. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. Nick at the front desk was very nice and helpful when we couldn't find sheets for the sofabed. The bathroom is large and has a curved shower rod and big fluffy towels.

Breakfast is light - muffins, juice, coffee, toast and oatmeal are the selections I remember, but they have a small snackbar and we bought yogurt, cereal and milk to fill in the gaps. The room has a full kitchen, so if you're staying a few days, you could easily cook for yourself. The hotel is right next to a Walmart and several restaurants and it's convenient to I-24.

We only stayed overnight, but if you're staying several days, you should know that they only offer weekly cleaning service. There's a sign that says you can exchange your sheets and towels at the front desk if you want new ones.

This hotel was so much better than the usual worn properties that you find alongside the interstate.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family