“Loved the hotel!!”

MainStay Suites Fort Campbell
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“Loved the hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I traveled here last week and the hotel was very clean and welcoming! The manager and front desk clerk so happen to be right at the desk when I was checking in and they were both very nice! Kelsey was very helpful and even walked outside with me to give me directions to chipotle. I will book with this hotel every time I decide to travel to the clarksville area.

• Stayed August 2013
Mary L, General Manager at MainStay Suites Fort Campbell, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your compliments. I will be sure to let my staff know of your experience. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ames, IA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Checkin experience was very unpleasant. Desk clerk had tattoos all over her bare arms- very unprofessional appearance. We were initially given a room that hadn't been cleaned. Next room had a very noisy dog next door. No towels at indoor pool. Town of Clarksville isn't a gem either- people look like cast of `Escape from New York'. Next morning the only hot item at the `hot' breakfast was oatmeal. That did it. Not coming back here again. Will keep driving to Nashville.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mary L, General Manager at MainStay Suites Fort Campbell, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I'm sorry to hear of the problems you experienced during your stay. We were in the process of cleaning mattresses and due to the drying out process, some rooms were not ready - this should of been properly put into the system to avoid such issues. I also apologize if the desk clerk did not offer to move you to another room to remedy the dog barking situation. Please contact me directly to further discuss your issues. Thank you.
Lake Bluff, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very impressed by my stay at Mainstay Suites in Clarksville, TN! Staff is very friendly and this is by far one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms have a full kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, so the hotel is great for extended stays! Everything in the room was brand new and extremely clean! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mary L, General Manager at MainStay Suites Fort Campbell, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It's good to see our kitchenettes beneficial to our long term guests. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my staff. Our housekeepers work hard to properly clean rooms daily. We appreciate your business!
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was my first time to Clarksville, TN - and other then my mistake of turning the wrong way off the expressway - this was a great place to stay. Each room with the kitchens allowed us to feel like we were home, my wife and kids were comfortable in the hotel, while I was working. The indoor pool was great, and everyone made us feel like family. With the kitchen in the room we were not expecting there to be breakfast in the hotel, but being able to grab a bagel and juice before leaving for work was a great plus.

Thanks for the great stay - this trip was work while we were passing through on a family vacation, but now I have found a great stopping point on our family vacations!!

Thanks for the hospitality and great service. Keep it up!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor - higher numbers - it was great because it was close to the elevator an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
It is fortunate for us that you made a wrong turn! We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast to better accommodate our guests. I'm so glad your family enjoyed the pool and you were able to get some work done. We hope to see you again soon!
Alhambra, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Mainstay Suites numerous times when traveling to Clarksville. Probably one of the cleanest and nicest hotels I personally have ever stayed at! This is the first review I have written for the Mainstay and I am glad I finally got around to writing one. After looking through some of the previous reviews it saddens me for some people to throw out accusations regarding bugs that according to the picture that was posted was in fact NOT a bedbug. Just because you see a bug in a hotel does not mean its a bedbug! Educate yourself before you post false reviews. Not only are you hurting the industry but you are hurting the employees of the hotel. This hotel is very nice and the employees are top notch! I will continue to stay here because I know I will be taken care of, sleep in a clean bed and be provided with excellent customer service! Great job to management and the employees for running a fine hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We strive to provide an excellent staff and room cleanliness for our guests!
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were passing through on our way back from Florida. When walking into the lobby, we were greeted by the front desk agent Austin Jones. He was super super nice, and helpful. Our room was on the 3rd floor, room number 301. Walking in the room it was very spacious and looked clean. That's when it took a turn for the worst. I went to lay on the bed and grabbed a pillow. Right under the pillow I saw a black small bug moving. I jumped up and yelled at my husband who was in the bathroom. We went down to the front desk to tell then what we had found. I work for Expedia, so I called customer service to have them relocate us. The lady in relocations said that someone had to go up and confirm the bedbug findings. Austin at the front desk went and checked. I went with him just to make sure he saw what I saw. He saw it as soon as we got to the bed and he took a picture to show his boss he said! Expedia relocations booked us in a different hotel in the city. The only reason I wasn't yelling in the lobby is bc of Austin. He was so nice and understanding and he did everything he could do. People live at the hotel and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Emily D
Mary L, General Manager at MainStay Suites Fort Campbell, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I'm sorry for the problem with a bug you experienced upon checking into our hotel. It was not in fact a bed bug, Optimus Pest Solutions has confirmed that we do not have bed bugs in any of our rooms. I can identify it from the picture you posted as a small black beetle bug. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and please contact me if you would like to further express your concerns. Thank you.
Atlanta Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

After looking around for a hotel close to Fort Campbell, I found MainStay a perfect place for me. Close to base, clean, unique,nice room with Kitchenette and of course the price was reasonable. During my staying there for a week I enjoyed the comfort and service plus great staff ( Kim & Kevin).

Room Tip: also it seems to be a perfect place for families with kids.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mary L, General Manager at MainStay Suites Fort Campbell, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here at the Mainstay Suites. I will be sure to let Kim and Kevin know of your compliment. We take pride in our staff. Thank you and be sure to keep us in mind if your future travels bring you to Clarksville.