“Second Visit - Not as good as first”

Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last August so when our travel plans were such that we needed to stay near Clarksville, it was easy to choose the Hilton Garden Inn. My previous review was very positive but this time we had a little problem that lead me to write this note.

Everything that has been said about this hotel is right - great, friendly staff; clean and well kept facilities; nice pool and fitness room. However, breakfast service was not up to standard. I arrived in the restaurant at 7:35 am. There were several others in the room, already eating as far I could tell. I was promptly seated and the server came over to take the drink order. I went to the buffet area where another very pleasant, smiling server took my order (waffle and bacon). This was probably about 7:40 by now.

But my breakfast did not arrive for about 15 minutes. Then when I finished eating, my server was no where to be found, and the other server and hostess just would not look my way so I could request my bill. Finally I was able to get the attention of the hostess, told her what I needed and finally the check arrived. It was 8:20 before I was finally able to leave.

I think 45 minutes in a not busy restaurant is too long. While I was not under any time pressure many business travelers might find this a very long time to take for breakfast if there are appointments coming up or other reasons that require a less leisurely pace.

For some reason the room I had this time seemed smaller and the bed didn't seem like a full king. I know this perception is probably wrong but it is what I felt. Nothing at all wrong with the room or bed, it just didn't seem the same.

By the way the room sort of faced I-24 but the highway noise was not all noticeable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_Clarksville, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk to tell us about your most recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville. Daily we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. I apologize that we were unable to do that for you during your time with us. It must have been very frustrating to have to wait so long for breakfast and for your room to not seem the same as your last visit. I have spoken with Food & Beverage Director about the timliness of breakfast service. He will be going through a re-training with his staff and also re-evaluating staffing levels. We do have varying room size in our hotel. So I do apologize if you felt your room was smaller this time. Please let me know if there is any way I can make this up to you.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We called this hotel two hours prior to arrival about availability for a suite. The female who answered said there are a lot of suites left and you will have one. Well....when we arrived the guy at the front desk said nope, no suites. No apology, nothing, just here is your room key. We always request high floors, but he put us on the SECOND floor. The key did not work and there was crying kids across the hall. We went back downstairs to see about another room and magically now there was a room on a higher floor, but no suite. Bed was about the worst I've slept on even though the hotel is just a few years old. The shower head was very low. If you are over 5' 6" you will have to squat to wash your hair. The breakfast took forever. We ordered, got our drinks and fruit, ate all of the fruit and still did not have anything to eat for over 15 minutes. The french toast was burnt. Definitely will never stay at this hotel again. Staff here is rude and slow. The guy at the front desk apologize, but did nothing to make up for the terrible experience at his hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk to tell me about your most recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville. Daily we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. I apologize that we were unable to do that for you during your time with us. It must have been very frustrating to be be given such poor customer service. Therefore I cannot apologize enough for what happened during your visit. I have spoken with all staff members at the front desk and restaurant and stressed the importance of customer service. Please let me know if there is any way I can make this up to you.

Nicole deCastro
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn
290 Alfred Thun Road
Clarksville, TN 37040
nicole.decastro@hilton.com
(931)647-1096

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I spent the night at the Hilton Garden Inn, Clarksville, TN, on Sunday, February 26, 2012. The property is now 3 years old and still looks good. The rooms were nice. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. I would certainly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to those traveling through the Clarksville area. While there, I got to see the Clarksville Train Station. I'm glad I got to see this as this was what inspired the song "Last Train to Clarksville" by the Monkees. Davy Jones, Monkees lead singer, died just this past week.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Touring16
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Touring16,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your kind review.
In addition to the old train station we also have a large train display at the Customs House Museum which contains an exact replica of the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville !
Maybe this wasn't your "last train to Clarksville" and you will have the opportunity to see it during your future visits to the area for which we hopefully will be your hotel of choice.

Have a great day !

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is clean and a good value. This was a road stop for the night on our way to Chicago. One of the better places we have stayed during a road trip. Hotel offers breakfast for a small price. We hit the road with a cup of coffee.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank euroboundtraveler
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Euroboundtraveler,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and for your trip advisor review.
We hope to be your hotel of choice when travelling in the Clarksville area in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Returning from Florida we choose the Hilton Garden Inn and we were extremely pleased. The hotel has a restaurant in the lobby so we had a delicious dinner without getting in the car again.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean7883

Dear Jean7883,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville during your travels and for your trip advisor comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your dinner at our great American Restaurant as well. Should your future travels bring you back into the area during warmer months, please visit our relaxing patio with our own herb garden for dinner.

Best Regards and Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in October 2010(look it up!).And again from Jan.2-Jan 4......Everything was just perfect!!IWe simply love the place! Now granted,it is more expensive than your run of the mill motel,but for us it's well worth it. Well lit parking lot,baggage carts,elevators,and if you travel with a woman who takes everything but the kitchen sink,I'm sure you'll appreciate that! Restaurant inside as well as many just down the street.Our receptionist for the evening was Angela,who was very nice and made sure we had everything we needed for a pleasant stay.I could write forever,but all good things must come to an end,right?I even booked an extra night,and since the same room wasn't available,they had to move me.So they threw in a free breakfast!Now that's class!!We love the place! We look forward to staying at a Hilton Garden Inn in the future.....but we have a problem....Are dogs allowed??Because we took ownership of one right after we checked out!!

Room Tip: They are all good!Just bring swimming attire so you can use the pool.I didn't,and I regret it ev...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hpdrake
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear HPDrake,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, your tripadvisor comment and your loyalty to the Hilton Enterprise.
I am happy to read that my Receptionist, Angela, assured your stay was pleasant and will certainly pass along your compliment.
In reference to your new family member, I regret having to tell you that we don't allow pets at the hotel. With that said, please contact me with your future travel dates and I will certainly try my best to find a pleasing solution for the whole family.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to your future stays !

katja.chatfield@hilton.com

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed there on business the week before Christmas. Overall clean location and fairly new. Their made to order breakfasts were very good, and the day I was leaving, they served me before the restaurant "officially" opened for the day without complaint. These are the kinds of small things that go a long way with me. Combine that with a good location right off the interstate, and it's a place to return to.

Room Tip: The hallways are long, so if you get a room away from the elevator, it will be a long walk.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AtlantaRoadWarrior

Dear AtlantaRoadWarrior,
Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your positive review on tripadvisor.
We constantly strive to assure our team members, that they possess the power to make decisions "outside the box" for our guests at any time . I am delighted to read, that my team did just that by serving breakfast early.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to your future visits !

Hilton Garden Inn Clarskville