“Nicest Hotel in the Area”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My 9 year old son and I stayed here for a night on July 3. It was surprisingly uncrowded, considering that it was a holiday weekend. There were at least a dozen hotels in the area, but I wanted a nice place with a pool and a restaurant because we were tired and just wanted to relax.

The front desk staf were very courteous and check-in was a snap. I'm not one of those picky people that have a lot of nitpicky specifications, so I just asked for a non-smoking double-bed room and got it. The room was a pleasant temperature, and clean. The beds are noteworthy - they're the adjustable mattresses, so we could firm or soften as we chose. That was a nice perk.

the fitness room was great - had some machines, free weights, TV's and oversized stylish mirros. All in all, we only had two problems: First was the pool. The pool was one of the main reasons we stayed there. The chlorine was so strong that it literally burned our eyes just being in the room. Other guests came and went quickly, choking on the fumes. I let my son play for 20-25 minutes, but my nose was literally dripping and I was sneezing and he was coughing. My swimsuit is stained yellow from the chemical (it was white). Our throat was sore well into the next day.

The other problem we had was at breakfast the next morning when the staff forgot our order and we had to wait about 45 minutes until we were served and they told us the problem. they were very nice about it, and after all, the breakfast was included in the stay.

Speaking on the breakfast - wow! Continental breakfast, eat your heart out! There were the usual pastries, fruit, bagels, toast, ceral, oatmeal, etc. But there was also a made to order option for belgium waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, omelettes, eggs... it was delicious (once we got it)!

Over all, I think this is a very nice place to stay - esp in that area. Rates are bit a high, but no more than you would expect staying at the Hilton; it's not exactly an economy hotel. If they fixed that chlorine content and improved ventilation, the pool and hot tub area would be a very nice way to unwind and wash off all that road dust.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear April_Uluc,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville during the Holiday Weekend.
We also appreciate your positive feedback as well as you giving us the opportunity to adress the other issues mentioned.
Please accept our apologies in reference to the breakfast issues you encountered and the Chlorine Level in our pool. As we receive 100% for the pool during health inspections I adressed the matter with Maitenance Manager and added additional training for other employees involved in this proceedure. Please contact me via email below to arrange a replacement of your swimsuit, which I certainly regret gettng damaged during your stay.
Dear April_Uluc, please know that your comments are taken very seriously and hopefully we will have a chance in proving that to you during a future stay.

Katja.Chatfield@Hilton.com

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The young lady working the front desk was very nice. She was with another guest but she did let me know she would be right with me. It took me less than 2 minutes to get checked in. The room was what I expected. I did not want to leave the sauna or swimming pool. I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to coming back to this location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank whit2
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Dear Whit2,

We are excited to read about your pleasant stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville ! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for giving me the opportunity to share it with my Front Desk Staff as well.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us !

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband, 8 year old daughter and I stayed here while attending our Nieces high school graduation in Clarksville TN.
We purchased the rate for the room online which included breakfast which was a great deal. The food was made to order, the staff was excellent.
The room was super clean, I appreciate all the bed linens being WHITE so I could check for BUGS, I found none !! I appreciated the extra pillows on the bed, the comfy mattress, fridge and microwave in the room, the flat screen swivel TV, the ice cold air conditioner, the nicely decorated interiors of the room and the lobby and breakfast area. Every staff member I encountered from the front desk to the housekeeper was over the top friendly and helpful. I do agree with the one reviewer that said something about the intersection being kind of dangerous and needing a traffic light,. We really enjoyed our stay and we will be back !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CincyCheerMoM
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville We appreciate your wonderful review of our property very much and thank you for taking the time to share your great experience.
Please know that we are in contact with the City of Clarksville on a regular basis in order to resolve the difficult intersection situation you mentioned. The area has been reviewed several times in order to find a better trafic solution.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to your future stays !

Reviewed April 14, 2011

I was traveling solo to welcome my son home from Afghanistan and needed constant access to the internet as I awaited his arrival time which can change hourly in the Army! The high speed was flawless. This was a welcoming hotel with great staff and an outstanding restaurant! If I lived in Clarksville, I would be eating here. DO NOT leave the hotel for dinner. You have a chef on premises that delivers to your table and welcomes your feedback! The wait staff was also professional as well as playful. My room was crisp, clean and comfortable! I love the move to full showers -- a note for those of you who like bathtubs. Neutrogena products were in the house which for guests with sensitive skin like myself, was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Well_traveled100
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and for taking the time out of your schedule in order to share your positive experience. We are glad to have provided a "just like home" atmosphere for you and your family and were your hotel of choice for the wonderful occasion of your son returning from deployment.
Thank you and Welcome Home !

Reviewed November 22, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn in Clarksville is a great place to stay. It is a modern hotel that is extremely clean and has a great exercise room along with a nice pool. The staff are very friendly and customer oriented. We will stay there again during our next visit to Clarksville.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My husband and I came up to Clarksville to spend the night because our daughter attends Austin Peay, and the marching band was having a preview show. We didn't want to drive back home that late afterwards. The room was large, clean and quiet! The bathroom was very nice, with plenty of towels and hot water. And the FREE wireless Internet is blazing fast! Faster than ours at home (Comcast ... are you reading this???) We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stay at a lot of hotels throughout the year. This one was okay overall but two problems were the front desk staff was not that friendly or accomodating and I killed several bugs in our room. Now, I have such a problem with bugs that I never stay on the first floor. I was surprised when we were on the second floor but I still had to deal with bug issues. I was not happy and will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business