“DISGUSTING TRASHY PITIFUL HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville

Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“DISGUSTING TRASHY PITIFUL HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I would never ever recommend someone to stay in this hotel!!! The worst one we have ever stayed in . we paid for one week because my husband took leave from the Army to come see my fam in TN.We booked in advance and were given an exact price with tax ...we get there and were told that is not the rate ooppss sorry no military appreciation . That sadly was not the issue it was that we stupidly paid thinking the room would b good for the price . The room first stUnk to all heck , THERE was hair balls next to the beds stuck with dirt lint , and we have kids so we asked to be bottom room so they madly gave us the crappiEST one open. Room service was beyond creepy we r sleepy they open the door wake our kids up and start vaccummIng and changes towels ! I could go on all day my final straw was when my three old almost encountered a sevre concussion !!! She went to the bAthroom and I heard screaming THE TOWEL RACK fell on her ! We left right away after I tried to talk to MGR who talked to me like a dog . I could have easily sued and put this HORRIBLE NASTY PLACE out but it is not worth the time or money to sue camel jockey trash ..karma will come especially to those scammers .

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank SPKANK0804

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one weekend only because Quality Inn was booked, the hotel was horrible, the King Size Bed was broke in the middle and they wouldn't give me another room or refund my money, this hotel sucks, I wouldn't tell anyone to stay there,not even my dog. Staff and manager are just out right nasty.

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria R

Travelers are raving about these Clarksville hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The staff of the hotel is among the most rude I've ever encountered. The workers at the front desk are horrible. Housekeeping walks around the hotel staring at you and peering in windows all with a look of total contempt like they hate you being there. I've stayed in worse rooms but these are not anything close to special. Avoid this place. Do yourself a favor. There are so many hotels in Clarksville.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bob b
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

No frills but price was right for just a quiet place to sleep and shower while my son was in a travel baseball tournament.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Napsterthecat
Albers, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Aside from the room condition being poor, it was infested with bedbugs. My face, neck, shoulders and arms were covered with bug bites. I had to go to my doctor to get 2 different medications to relieve the symptoms from the bedbug bites. I notified the manager by phone and he was very rude, argumentative and denied any problems in the room. He raised his voice toward me stating that I had no proof and interrupted every sentence I tried to get out. In the end, he hung up on me. He was very definsive from the start of the conversation leading me to believe that this is a reaccurring problem. Sadly, I was not looking for a refund, I just wanted to make them aware of the issue so other guests would not have to suffer as I have. The only thing I am grateful for is that my 2 young kids did not share the bed with me that night.

Room Tip: Stay away... Do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank K B
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Pool was NASTY (had a skim of hair and dirt on the top of the water, bottom was covered with dirt.) Kids could not even swim. Housekeeping going door to door at 7:30 in the morning waking people up asking them if they were ready to check out. Had a room for 4, two towels and 1 wash rag? Asked for more they said they didn’t have any to give. A pest control Co. Was at the hotel (spraying for bed bugs) after I had arrived? Asked for a refund and the manager said he couldn't do that because I had not found any bed bugs in my room. In a non-smoking room that smelled like a BAR, room and carpets were dirty. I was in Clarksville for a softball tournament it was 99 outside and my kids were hot, went back to the hotel room to cool off only to find that housekeeping had turned my air off. One of the other coaches had the front desk give his room to some drunken men. We caught them trying to get into the door, asked them what they were doing and they said it was there room, we had already been there 1 night and our stuff was in the room. What if the drunks had got the door open? The manager said they made a mistake, but still would not give us our money back (even for the next night, so we could go somewhere else. I have never stayed at a hotel like this it was H##L. STAY AWAY from this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Holmesj911
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Do not waste your time nor your money. Spend the few extra bucks and go to a better place. The room was a decent size and appeared clean, but the bed was the most uncomfortable object to sleep on that I have ever encountered. I've slept better on the ground. The sheets on one of the beds had a burn hole the size of my fist. The "hot breakfast" was a continental breakfast (cold cereal) with sausage and biscuit. The remote didnt work for the tv and we even went across the street to walmart to buy batteries. When we told them about the remote, the indian guy simply said, yes I know, have many complaints. The air conditioner didnt work properly, the room barely stayed cool and the air conditioner ran constantly at the lowest temperature we could put it on. We paid $80.00 plus tax for our room. Don't do it. Spend an extra $20 or $30 and go up the street a few yards and pick a better place. You'll regret staying here. The only positive thing I can say about this room was it had a mini fridge that worked well. The toilet in the room wasnt even bolted to the floor completely. We didnt even stay long enough to test the shower, we were afraid too. Just got up and headed out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family