“No hot water in the shower”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clarksville
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Bristol, TN
“No hot water in the shower”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed in room 314 one night and found on the morning of my departure that there was no hot water in the shower. The water was plenty hot in the lavatory sink but the shower had nothing more than cold water. When I mentioned it to the lady at the front desk on my way out, I was told simply that they would let their maintenance person know.
I also felt that the room was showing some age. Typically I have been pleased with other Fairfield Inn & Suites properties but this property did not live up to the expectations that I have come to expect from Fairfield Inn & Suites

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clarksville, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
I apologize for my delayed response to your very valuable feedback. It saddens me, knowing we failed to meet your expectations during your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Clarksville, Tennessee. Ensuring the satisfaction of our guests is the MOST important job we have. In fact, providing you with a clean, comfortable room ... and addressing any concern you might have are 2 of the "Promises" we make ... and should always keep. Would you be willing to contact me, personally, to share some additional feedback? I have included my number below (for that reason). It is my hope, the next time you visit Clarksville, you will choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites, again, and your stay will be memorable for very different reasons. I look forward to talking to you .....

All the best,
Sean Craft
Area Support
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Clarksville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Easy access, friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms & dreamy bed and pillows makes for a great hotel stay. The amenities are above average for a moderately priced property. The bathroom is very clean. The breakfast offerings are varied and plentiful, and are replenished as the need arises. The lobby is clean & very attractive. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Upper floors have less street traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Greeneville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice aged but clean Fairfield... needs some upgrading - painting, etc ... most annoying was the very slow wi-fi but overall OK and value for the money. Breakfast selection seemed limited but perhaps I expected more (WHAT - no waffle maker !) ... Close by I-24 and a short drive to downtown restaurants and attractions...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The room was stylish but worn. Bedroom interior doors needed painting, blanket not double sheeted...ugh! .Tub/shower drain chipped and rusty, draw drapes dirty and stained from use.Side entrance to hotel and pool area really needed paint and TLC.
I felt I could have stayed in a average ecomony chain hotel for the same quality room BUT for $40.00 LESS!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane F
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed in 220 over a 3 day period. Overall this is a nice property but has some housecleaning issues. The small fridge sits on a particle board shelf, it had been wet and was in poor condition besides just looking dirty. Not sure how long it had been since the bed had been moved for cleaning but there were large 'dust bunnies' under it.

Breakfast was good, more than enough to satisfy me for almost the entire day. Breakfast room was clean.

This location is convenient to military facilities and anywhere in the Clarksville area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had three rooms with two queen beds in each room. Arrived around 11:30 PM and hotel was full. Our rooms were held for us. Front desk clerk was efficient and friendly. Even stopped by as we were bringing our bags in to make sure all was ok. Hotel was very quiet for being so full.

All three rooms were on the first floor. All had a musty odor. Not terrible, but noticeable. Beds were extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are old and need a little updating and were not cleaned very well. Found hairs on the walls, toilet, bathtub and floor. It was as if the maid just used the same dirty towel to clean the bathrooms in each room.

Great location, just off I-24.

Free breakfast was outstanding with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, assorted breads and muffins, yogurt, juices and coffee options, make-your-own waffles, etc. We had a group of 12 and everyone was able to find something they liked.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Tammy at the front desk was a joy! We wanted to hit the road by 7am on Sunday morning & the breakfast didn't start until 7 so she said that it would be no problem to have it ready at 6am. She also was very accommodating when we needed some extra towels & shampoo. We had 2 rooms & 8 people. Beds were very comfy & queen size. My daughter loved the comforter. Sue who served breakfast was a very kind & caring lady! My dad was with traveling us & on crutches. Sue was so sweet & helpful! Breakfast quality was great with a nice variety. Overall we enjoyed our brief stay & would definitely use again! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013