“not quite up to Hampton Inn standards”

Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville Northeast
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed May 17, 2009

This rather old Hampton Inn has smoky non-smoking rooms only accessible from outside, which nowadays is an exception rather than the rule for Hamptons -- rather inconvenient when traveling with significant luggage. What was worst though, was the extremely unfriendly, almost rude, receptionists. As diamond HiltonHonors members we have a lot of Hampton Inn experience, but never were treated like that. We stayed here twice -because we had booked in advance- and twice the young ladies behind the desk were uninterested and almost commanding "I want your credit card" and "sign here". (Must add that the older ladies in the morning were friendlier). Standard breakfast, but the "fried eggs" had been lying there for at least an hour. Rather expensive considering the room quality and location. For just a few dollars more we definitely preferred the new Hilton Garden Inn virtually opposite the Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville Northeast

Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed here for one night. The bed was excellent and the room was clean. I especially liked having a room that opened to an outside corridor - the fresh air is nice. I might feel differently about it in bad weather but since this was a lovely spring day/evening it was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Overall, I had a very good experience with zero complaints. This hotel was quite and clean.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We picked this hotel because it was new and we had stayed at a new Hampton before. Property was very clean which is always important for us. Flat panel TV in the room was nice. We stayed in a King Suite which was actually pretty good sized. Free breakfast included cooked eggs and sausage which was also a plus.
The only problem we had was EXTREMELY loud people in room next to us. We thought it was because walls were thin, but when we called front desk and they came up to quiet guests down, it wasn't noisy anymore. We are pretty sure it was just wild people next to us.

Check in staff was ok, not overly polite. We did need to extend our stay and even though the night staff said we couldn't keep same room, front desk manager accomodated us in the morning.
We would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed March 28, 2008

As a business traveler, I have stayed at at least 75 different Hampton Inns throughout the midwest. The reason I choose Hampton is for the consistancy from one location to the next. Something most every other chain ought to study.
This particular Hampton Inn located on the TN / KY border happens to be at an interchange where there must be at least 15 - 20 other motel choices. This was my first stay at this particular location. The building looks somewhat dated as you don't see many exterior entrance HI properties. The Front desk staff was very nice and friendly (always a plus). My room was around back and on the 2nd story (no elevator). The room was basic (in a good way) Hampton. Very clean, nice bedding, fridge, microwave etc.. TV had about 80 channels. Having read some reviews prior to my stay, don't know what hotel these people were referring to but the bathrooms were very small. Adequate but certainly not large as previously indicated. Perhaps they had a suite or something. Rooms were very quiet. Had occupants on both sides and couldn't hear anything. Breakfast the next morning required a walk outside to the lobby - big deal ! The fresh air was nice. Outdoor pool looked larger than usual but not open for the season just yet. Lots of good restaurants nearby. For $90 something dollars... too much??? All I know is I have yet to have a bad experience with Hampton Inns and will continue to stay !

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2007

I paid $109 (tax included) to stay one night at the Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was pleasant and the room was adequate, but I think it could have been a lot better.

The room I had, #135, was on the first floor. The bedding was great, the normal Hampton Inn bedding...but the rest of the room seemed run down and in some need of updating. There was a small refrigerator and a microwaver in the room.

The room seemed clean, but my pet peeve is the bathroom. The bathroom does have a large garden tub and a separate shower. I thought the the shower looked dim and small. There was a lot mildew on the grout in the bathroom floor. The entire bathroom looked kind grungy to me.

I think that the price that the Hampton Inn is charging is too much for what you get...and I'd look somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2006

I have stayed now in the majority of motels on exit 4, I24 on the TN/KY border. This is the nicest

Microwave and Fridge (which was quiet) in the room. Quiet AC unit. Great Bedding. Nice shower. Great Breakfast. Very nice front desk staff. Great value. Highly reccommended.

I travel to the area often and plan on staying here from now on

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank theobata