“very good”

Comfort Inn Clarksville
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 9, 2010

rooms very clean staff was very good to me and they had a pool area that was so nice

Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed January 1, 2009

This was a great hotel. Our stay would have been perfect if the pool was cleaner. There was green plantlike material growing in it, and the water was real cloudy. The water in hot tub looks like it had been changed, but the bottom was full of debris. The floor of the pool house had mold growing in the tile grout.
The hotel rooms were great, and the breakfasts were super. They even gave a cookie, water and free drink tickets during check - in.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Picked the Holiday Inn Express based on Trip Advisor Reviews. Check-in was virtually painless. The atrium, with a lounge and restaurant, was attractive. Rooms were clean and in good order.

I guess my gripe is that the rooms all open to the outside parking lots with the attendent noise and safety issues. Additionally, the "fitness center," consisting of some over-the-hill cardio gear, was poorly maintained. I didn't avail myself of the free internet or complimentary continental breakfast, but there were no complaints on others in my party on these amenities.

I might try someplace else were I spending the night in Clarksville again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HIEFDAVS, Front Desk at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2008

I do believe the review from Feb. 13th was written about a different hotel. The hotel described in the review is the former Holiday Inn on Exit 4, now it is a Quality Inn.
Our hotel has only interior entrances, and the breakfast room is the only thing near the lobby - no lounge or restaurant.
Our hotel is off of exit 11, and it happens quite often that the two are confused! Sorry for any confusion.

Hotel Desk Clerk

Reviewed December 27, 2007

We travel to Clarksville quite frequently, and this was the first time we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at exit 11 off of I-24. Our first impression was that it was clean and relatively well kept. There was a mixup on our reservation and they had the wrong rate for our room but fixed it immediately and we were told we had the lower rate. (We had made a reservation and then called later and added one day, which changed the rate although it should not have.) Next day, our key cards did not work because the computer had a hiccup and ended our stay after the one added day. My husband got his keycard recoded, and when I went down for breakfast I had them recode my card. Now his card didn't work because recoding mine changed the whole code. By now this was getting a little silly. We got them both recoded again, and from then on both cards worked.

Breakfast was continental, with hot sausage or sausage gravy, hard boiled eggs and various breads and cereals. Nice selection, and very clean. Staff was very cordial and helpful.

Housekeeping was minimal on Christmas Day but they told us about it in advance and gave us plenty of towels and papergoods to carry us over. The worst thing that happened there was that at least one of the cars in the parking lot was broken into overnight, probably because they were loaded with gifts and visible for anyone to see. Quite a temptation, I'd say. They had flyers in the lobby and in the rooms warning to not leave valuables in the car. Guess those guests either didn't read them or thought they'd take a chance anyway.

When we went to check out, they again had the wrong rate on the bill, but they (once again) fixed it immediately with no argument, so we were satisfied. I must say the desk clerks were extremely cordial and polite and helpful as was all other staff we encountered.

All in all, it was a nice place to stay in spite of the few quirky things that happened. I would judge this hotel to be above average for Clarksville, and will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dori36
Reviewed July 10, 2007

My daughter and I were in town for a funeral. We were late getting into town so weren't sure they would have a vacancy. As it so happened, they had one room left. We were given a very reasonable rate and the room could not have been nicer - very large and clean. Employees from front desk clerks - especially Ashley who went above and beyond - to cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The warm welcome - from the price to the attitude of the staff - made the reason for being there much easier to handle. They also have a very nice breakfast bar.
I won't look any further next time I'm in town and will gladly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank margaritamamaFlorida
Reviewed June 17, 2007

We were on our way to Savannah from Omaha and stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Clarksville based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were NOT disappointed. The best place we stayed on the whole trip. I wish we could have packed this place in our bag. Clean, large rooms. Beautifully furnished. Wonderful beds and a great breakfast bar. If all of the Holiday Inn Expresses are like this, I'd always stay there. And the price was great! It's just about 1/2 an hour from Nashville, so may be a good place to stay if that is your destination. Since I will be making frequent trips to Savannah over the next few years, this will be my interim destination for sure. I checked prices through TripAdvisor and then called Holiday Inn directly as I had some other questions and they met the lowest advertised price. Since we had such a great experience on the way down, we made sure to make our reservations on the spot for the trip back.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank BernieOmaha_NE
Reviewed July 31, 2006

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The outdoor pool was clean and very nice. The cont. breakfast was good with warn biscuts and sausages. Would stay here again.

6  Thank Leeeeesa1