“Pleasant Surprise”

Comfort Inn Clarksville
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were on a return trip, and really hadn't planned ahead for where we would overnight. We saw that exit 11 had a CI, so pulled in without checking any online reviews ahead of time. We were pleasantly surprised with the price we were quoted (with AARP discount), especially on a Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend. It was $10 less than the CI we stayed at a week before in another state, and a better quality site. The room is really one of the best looking CI rooms I have been in (it reminded me of a Hampton Inn room with the dark cherry wood, higher quality comforter, plentiful comfortable pillows and attractive granite-like bathroom vanity top (also used on the walls in the tub). Good internet access. Our room looked over the parking lot, but it was quiet, and the motel was set back far enough so you didn't hear highway noise. My husband liked the breakfast, and the lady staffing the breakfast room was very sweet, even clearing away the plates for the guests. Though we didn't use the fitness room, we were pleased to see that it not only had the standard cardio equipment, but it also had a weight machine. Would definitely stay at this CI again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justamom56
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Clarksville

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a family event in Clarksville and this hotel was in the best location for us, just off I-24 at Exit 11. It was a Holiday Inn Express the last time we stayed there. Our stay was for one night, the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

We had a reservation and did not arrive until 10:30 pm. Check-in was easy. Our room was clean and as expected. I noticed that the sheets were softer than sheets in some hotels and they had supplied us with plenty of soft, absorbent towels. The high speed wi-fi worked great. We particularly like having a refrigerator in the room (many nicer hotels don't provide one) since my husband has some dietary restrictions that usually exclude the entire complimentary breakfast. We did not use the microwave.

The hotel was quiet until about 7:30 am when the family in the next room got up and started going in and out of their room to breakfast. Most children have no concept of disturbing others and the parents in this family failed to use this opportunity teach them. Luckily we were awake when the noise started. If we had needed sleep, it would have been very unpleasant. Noisy neighbors are not the hotel's fault--I just think we run into this more often at lower-priced hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I come to Clarksville 1 or 2 times a month and try different hotels. This hotel was the worse:
Came home with a scorpion in my makeup case
large hole circling the fire sprinkler system (fire hazzard)
Fire safety sheet not on back of door (fire safety issue)
floors were dirty, not enough kleenex or toilet paper
ice from machine smelled and tasted like metal
the girl working on Sunday morning for breakfast spent her time either talking to other employees or outside instead of replenishing the food. At 6:30am there wasn't much to choose from (no eggs; two undercooked bacon pieces) so my grandson and I had to go out for breakfast.
Staff that I encountered were lazy and rude

Room Tip: Take my advice: spend the extra $10 or $15 dollars and stay at either the Hilton or Marriott off Exi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Toni Y
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've stayed at many Comfort Inns, but this one was BY FAR the best. The room was very nice, updated-looking, and clean. The beds were just right and the pillows were excellent! I checked in at about 10pm on a Thursday nite and got a better rate with my AARP discount, and couldn't have asked for an easier check-in. Very few negatives - the only one really coming to mind was the inability to fully pull the darkening curtain, as the outside lights were distracting. Excellent stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I fully realize this is not a five-star hotel, however I do expect a clean room no matter what type of hotel it is - the B team was clearly and has clearly been on duty when it comes to cleaning this room as it didn't get that way overnight. The front of the microwave has not been cleaned in ages; floor length mirror was splattered at the bottom with goo; the wall next to the bed had a splatter of something brownish that ran down the wall about two feet; the toilet seat needs replacing as the enamel/finish is disintegrating; the picture frames hanging on the walls haven't been dusted in months; the entire room needs a thorough vacuuming; need to replace the track for the room-darkening curtains to allow them to actually close (what the heck kind of hotel room doesn't have fully closing room-darkening curtains?!); the refrigerator in the room had such an obnoxious buzz that we had to unplug it; the phone next to the bed was blinking non-stop indicating we had a message but there were no messages so we ended up unplugging it; the vent in the bathroom ceiling needs a nice cleaning. When I checked out, the lady at the counter was more interested in talking to whoever was behind the counter with her and did not bother asking how my stay was. Based on previous reviews and ratings of this hotel, we thought surely our stay would be uneventful and pleasant. We would have asked for another room or gone to another hotel but this hotel and the others surrounding it were completely booked up, likely from spring-breakers passing through, returning home. We were confined to this area as we were there for a sporting event – luckily, it was only one night. On a major plus note, the bed sheets were clean, the AC worked, we had hot water for a shower and the sausage at breakfast the next day was fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a good hotel to stay at while traveling to and from Florida. My husband and I winter in Florida and reside in IL the rest of the year. This is the first time we've stayed at this hotel. We stopped because of a bad weather forecast. We normally bypass Clarksville and stay in Paducah, KY. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The hotel appears to be newer and is clean and quiet. The hotel smells good, rooms sell good, no smoke, no musty smells. Lobby is clean, the hotel staff is efficient and nice. Breakfast area is supervised and kept clean which was nice. The rooms were clean, good smelling, carpet nice, beds comfortable, good selection of bed pillows, air and heating runs quietly and efficiently. Bathroom was clean, towels and linen were fresh smelling. We will plan to stay here again on our trips to and from Florida in the future. Priced a little high for the location though, we paid $90 for 2 people we thougth $60 - $70 was more in line with this property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I truly do not understand the negative reviews of this hotel. First off, it is a Comfort Inn not a five star hotel. The thing I like to keep in mind is, when you have expectations for what a Comfort Inn will be like, this one exceeds them all. The rooms are nice, clean, very updated and even pretty. I appreciated their attention to detail. Breakfasts are standard - nothing fancy, but well-stocked. There was adequate parking and I think that for a Comfort Inn, this one blows them out of the water. Well-done!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business