“Nice Place -Better Than Anticipated”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Clarksville
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hilton Head Island, SC
“Nice Place -Better Than Anticipated”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I stayed in this Wingate for 15 days in early 2010. The quality of the hotel and staff pleasantly surprised me. Both room in which I stayed were comfortable and clean and the equipment and fixtures were well-maintained. Were I king-for-a-day, I'd make a few small improvements, though. First, the elevator doors need to be adjusted to close in less than the minute or so that they take now. Second, there is no good reason not to have a 24-hour fitness center (it's not contiguous to any room). Third, I'd add a page to the rooms' services directory with a TV channel list. Finally, on a few days the cleaning staff failed to replenish the in-room coffee. Pretty minor stuff, isn't it? All in all, a fine experience.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbia, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We found this place after stopping at the Country Inn & Suites and not being able to be accommodated. We needed two adjoining rooms and decided to stop in at Wingate. I had never stayed at one and was skeptical but we wanted something with an indoor pool for the kids since we had been on the road all day long. This place was wonderful. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful and gave us the holiday rate was was $69 per night. The pool was fantastic and included a whirlpool, restroom and a shower. The rooms were clean and oversized, bathrooms were what could be expected for a hotel of this rating. There were mini coffeemakers in the room that included my favorite Numi organic tea bags so that was a huge perk. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but the hotel is very convenient to so many other places to eat and was right down the street from Starbucks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
california
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Ok...maybe it was just a bad night but still...
1. Alarm clock could NOT be programmed to the correct time. Per the front desk the back had to be unscrewed by maintainence to set the correct time. Can't set the correct time so I can't set the correct wake up either...what genius bought these clocks?
2. The portable phone worked. The stationary phone which one can use to call the front desk/check messages etc. did not work. The line appeared to be bad. Had to swap phones.
3. TV would not switch on. Had to trot back to the front desk to get new batteries.
4. The mini laundry: One washing machine and one dryer. Want to wash your clothes? If you're not first in line you will be waiting all night. We got one load washed but had to wait until the next morning to dry them. The Marriot the night before had two of each...
5. Change for the laundry machines. The front desk was totally out of quarters. I had to run across the road to get some. An atta-boy for the front desk...the night clerk did try to help. She managed to figure out how to get change from the Coke machine which was appreciated, however it seems silly to have to resort to this.
6. This hotel is right next to the freeway and the local Fire Dept and the local Police substation. Enjoy you concert.
7. The wireless internet was less than optimal. I got booted three times in the middle of answering mail and finally just gave up.

Were the rooms nice? Yes ours was. However the niceness of the room was overwhelmed by all the irritating things that weren't. There are plenty of hotels just feet away. Next time we will try one of them.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 696K
Reviewed July 23, 2009

The king size bed was incredibly comfortable. I really slept well after having been on the road for 16 nights. The cost was very reasonable and the breakfast was delicious. My only quibble was with the number of luggage carts. I needed one to get all the luggage for me and my 87 year old dad, since we both had big suitcases for such a long road trip and he was traveling with tons of photographic equipment and his sleep apnea breathing machine. I had to schlepp everything upstairs in shifts since I couldn't find one and there was no one to help me. PS.........I swam in the pool and the temperature was fine on July 11, 2009.

• Stayed July 2009
atlanta
Reviewed May 25, 2009

-Clean room, new carpet, flat screen tv, comfortable bed
-Common areas exceptionally well kept
-Professional staff
-Good breakfast
-Great location, near mall, restaurants, highway

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Emerald Coast
Reviewed December 5, 2008

Clarksville, TN-Wingate By Wyndham
November 24-on our way to St. Louis, decided to spend one night in Clarksville, which is a good place with lots of hotels and restaurants. Hotel was average, the bedding (skirt at bottom) was dirty, wondered why they did not remove and replace with clean one. The rooms seemed fine, but did not care for the pillows, usually I can handle a hard bed like these, but thought it sad that the pillows were so cheap when the rest of the room was not that bad. My husband did not care for the couch, but I thought it was fine. Also, the individual A/C system was terrible, it was either too hot or too cold. Kept me up all night either turning up or down. We stayed at a Best Western in St. Louis and had the same type of window unit, but it was fine. The breakfast bar was not great, I ended up eating cereal because their "eggs and bacon" were terrible. Would have been better off not having them, and offering something else. The yogurt was nice. Did appreciate the fact that the hotel had intererior corridors, unlike some older hotels in area. Might try one of the newer hotels in area next visit. Hope they will be listed on the websites the future.

• Liked — Cleaning Staff went out of their way to try and help
  • Disliked — Heating/AC Window Unit did not work properly
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank smr
Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2008

This Hotel is Wonderful. Every time we come from Georgia to Clarksville on Business we stop here because we know the customer service is the Best. My husband and I always call directly to the property and always ask for Norberto, he always make sure we get our room and the service that we always want. We never receive a no or maybe here, everything is excellent and the Hotel is very clean. The Guest Service here is the best, especially if you let the Guest Service Representative, Norberto take care of you. The rest of the staff is great too. Great family Hotel too. I really recommend This Hotel. Mrs. Indira

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — The Smoking Rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)