“Not a good place to spend a night”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
and 1 more site!
Economy Inn
Ranked #88 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed December 18, 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We arrived late and were tired; otherwise we would have simply left and find something else. The place was dirty, the bed in very bad shape and stained, the door didn't close properly and we could see light around it, noisy corridor, stained bathroom. The breakfast was probably the worst I have seen, and I travel a lot. We simply drove away as fast as possible.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andre2p

Reviewed June 14, 2008

I had stayed numerous times at this hotel over the past 5 years, but it had been a year since my last visit until this month.

I was completely shocked to see how drastic things had changed. And I wonder if they are under new management.

Our room was not vaccuumed, dusted, or "aired-out." When we opened the door, we were overwhelmed with a heavy cigarette odor. In fact, we had to ask for freshener, propped the door open, and ended up buying Febreeze from the CVS across the street (used half a bottle).

The sheets looked clean, but the blannket was frayed and thin, and the bottom sheet was a regular flat sheet, not even oversized to slip under the mattress.

The shower curtain was mildewy, and the toilet seat had permanent stains.

The free breakfast was skant as compared to my previous visits, and we got there an hour before it ended.

While the front desk was friendly, she was always on her cell phone with personal calls.

Our room had an outside entrance instead of an interior hallway. So for two single girls, we did not feel safe or comfortable.

If you are looking for a quick/cheap place, this is okay. Otherwise, stay near Shallowford (the Hamilton Mall area) or downtown.

3  Thank sarenafair
Reviewed March 18, 2008

The woman at the check-in desk was very friendly and informative. She told us all we needed to know and we were on our way. The room was nice, large comfy bed. The bathroom however, was very small, if a large bathroom is something you like, I definitely wouldn't recommend this place. There was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. Along with a desk and a table. Decent hotel for the money

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2007

This is a great place to stay while in Chattanooga. The rooms were clean and when I requested ground floor, that request was met with the placement of the rooms reserved grouped together and convenient to the main lobby. The front desk staff was friendly with suggestions and coupons for restaurants. The pool was large and warm. And finally, the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2007

Well I had been staying at this hotel on a regular basis. It seemed everytime I stayed here there was always something wrong. The internet service is always down. It is in a bad part of town. Alot of bums and beggers asking for money. I finally realized there is a better Quality inn right up the road on Shallowford rd that blows that nasty place away and I get my points there as well. They have a indoor pool and hot tub. A better hotel at a better value. It seems that alot of hotels that sonny Patel manages have given me a hard time. I try not to stay at facilities he runs. It is hard though as he manages a ton of them. Just call and see if Sonny Patel operates that hotel. If so keep on looking. Good Luck.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank dotchess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Extended Stay America - Chattanooga - Airport
Motel 6 East Ridge
#77 of 96 in Chattanooga
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!