“Clean and comfortable room at a decent price”

Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport
Ranked #60 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Clean and comfortable room at a decent price”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The rooms at this Red Roof have been renovated within the last few years and are quite nice for a discount motel chain. The kind size bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. The Wifi service is easy to access and works well. The front desk staff is very courteous and helpful. There are a lot of restaurants of various kinds within sight of the motel and more over at Hamilton Place which is about a mile away. A light (cereal, bagels, fruit, etc.) is provided. We'd stay at this Red Roof again when we need a room in Chattanooga.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RedroofChatt, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about my staff and the hotel. We are pleased that you will have our Red Roof as your first choice to stay when you come to Chattanooga, I am very proud of my staff because they were able to take care of you. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast in the morning. I hope you have a wonderful Holidays and a Happy New Year.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The service was excellent, room was very clean. I have asthma and they let me look at the room first to make sure there wasn't anything in the room that would bother my asthma. The staff was so pleasant and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay again when I'm traveling! :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TrueGrit1
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about my staff and the hotel. I am glad that my staff got you a room that made you feel safe due to your asthma. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Chattanooga. Have a safe and wonderful Holiday and a Happy New year.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The room was clean and fresh smelling. It was freshly re decorated. The service by Kristen was excellent. She was polite and professional. We really enjoyed our stay and we would love to stay here again. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Kristen and the hotel. Comments like yours drive us in doing a better job. We hope to see you soon. have a safe and great Holidays.

Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Check in was easy and staff was friendly. Dog walking area was ample and well lit. We had to move a chair to accommodate the dog play pen and discovered disgusting 'stuff' under the chair. So, now we know that only visible spaces get cleaned here. We settled in for much needed rest around 10:00 PM. At 1:00 AM we realized we weren't going to get the sleep we needed and paid for. Hotel and car doors continued to slam throughout the night. Loud talking and yelling went on for hours on end. Cars with loud engines were revved up in the parking lot throughout the night. Aside from the inconsiderate behavior outside the hotel room, our dogs were continually being startled from the racket and did what dogs do. They barked. There was no consoling them or us. Finally around 4:00 AM it got quiet. At 4:15 AM the loud buzzing of the alarm clock in the room went off. I smacked it quiet and 15 minutes later it screamed again. I unplugged it. The 7:00 wake-up call was a joke. Who was asleep? Not us, that's for sure. What really baffles me is the office is directly across the parking lot from our room. Are they deaf in there or is this just normal acceptable happenings at this Red Roof Inn? I feel that at least a partial reimbursement is in order and plan to contact the corporate office when I can see straight and have some decent sleep. Perhaps a Comfort Inn will provide that for me. After all, that IS what we give our money to hotels for....S.L.E.E.P.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. My GSR did call me to tell me about your experience the morning you checked out. She gave you a full refund for your stay. If you still have any concerns or issues you would like to talk to me about please feel free to email me at i0162@redroof.com. I assure you that I will be looking into all the issues that occurred while you were staying with us.

Owner

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Clean and more than adequate. King size bed with firm mattress and four pillows allowed for a great night's sleep. Clean bathroom, well equipped with soap, shampoo, and more than enough towels. Good breakfast consisting of three coffee choices, milk, orange and apple juices, cereals (hot and cold), breads and pastries, and even sausage gravy with biscuits. Free local newspapers were in the breakfast area. Free (unsecured) WiFi was available and provided a strong internet connection. Flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board were in the room. It is obvious the owner and his employees care about the guests. I would not hesitate to stay at this facility again. Patrons were mostly business people on assignment, blue collar workers, and retirees (very few children on this stay). Even with a high occupancy rate (80+ of 110 rooms), the night was quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for a wonderful review about my staff and the hotel. Each and everyone of my staff takes great pride in providing great service and a quality to room to each and every guest. Comments like your keeps us motivated in doing better than we are right now. I hope to see you next time you are in Chattanooga. Have a wonderful holiday season.

owner
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We reserved a room through Red Roof reservations and were asked if we wished to spend 10 dollars extra for a superior room. We agreed. When we checked in we were sent to the far side of the motel where we began unloading our baggage. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but it smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. There were cigarette burns everywhere, including the bedding. The carpets were dirty and the room looked anything but superior. Laborers (guests)wandered about the property drinking from paper bag covered bottles and smoking in their doorways. I walked past one doorway and the Hispanic man looked at me then turned to his friend and said policia. (police). My wife was about to call the front desk when Yaleidy from the office called to ask about our room and whether it was alright with us. My wife said no, we were not about to stay in this room. She immediately changed us to a much better room near the office which had been upgraded. Make sure that if you pay for an up-graded room that you get an up-graded room and stay away from the contractors area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bluebell55
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad we were able to get you switched to room that you requested. We apologize about the people around the hotel. I will personally look into this and make sure it doesn't happen to any other guest. Feed back like your help us keep the hotel safe and in good condition. Thank you again for your review.

Mint Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We requested and stayed in a renovated room based upon reviews I had read before booking the room. The price is a few dollars more than a non-renovated room, but well worth it.
The mattress was firm, the room was clean, and the WIFI worked great - all criteria that are important to me
The continental breakfast was better than some than I've eaten at. It included biscuits and hot gravy (a favorite of mine), bagels, cream cheese, butter, breads, instant oatmeal, orange and apple juice, hot coffee and tea, and a small packages pastry selection. Some packages of instant grits would be a welcome addition to it.
The only negative I can think of to say is that the room lacked in size. It is definitely one of the smallest...if not smallest motel room I have ever stayed in. Since my wife and I were out sight seeing during the day, that did not have much of an impact on us.
When I am in the area again - probably in the near future - I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have bigger rooms that are also available. We are pleased to hear that you also enjoyed the breakfast. We hope to see you again next time you are in Chattanooga.