“Overall a very nice stay and good value”

Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport
Ranked #60 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Somerset, Kentucky
“Overall a very nice stay and good value”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very friendly blonde lady whose name I wish I could remember checked me in this past Saturday afternoon 9/21 and offered complimentary bottled water which I thought was a nice touch. The room was clean and had been updated with laminate flooring and modern furnishings and decor that was nice. My only complaint is that apparently they missed the toilet/shower part bathroom the last time they remodeled or did a heavy cleaning. The little room containing the toilet and shower had black dirt/mold around the baseboards of the floor and some along the seal between the top of the tub and the backwall of the shower. This was a situation where it was clear that daily housekeeping IS doing their job - the toilet itself was spotless as was the tub and its fixtures - the problem was that the grout needs a good scrubbing or maybe replacing. But still an overall good stay and good value - convenient to I-75 and to leaving the next morning for a TVRM train excursion. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about Kristen and hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our recent renovations we did at the hotel. Also I assure you that I will address the caulking around the tub and the floor base of the bathroom. I hope you will stay with us next time you are in Chattanooga. If there is anything I can do you please feel to email me at i0162@redroof.com.

owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chapmansborow
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were in town for the Trail of Tears ride and wanted to be as close as possible to downtown. We arrived late in the afternoon. I made reservations 2 months in advance, but apparently this did us no good because when we arrived to check in our reservations weren't even close to being right.Also the first room we were given had BED BUGS!!!! We went down to front desk and told the lady working; Kristen she went upstairs with us to look, she said she didn't know what they looked like. When we got to the room and my husband lifted the matress to show her she screamed very loud.. We were headed back down to the frontdesk when she spotted another room that was empty and she said I can put you in this room. The maintence man came walking by and she had him open the door, when my husband lifted the matress same thing BED BUGS. She and the maintence man were talking about it and he said what do you want me to do the whole place needs to be treated.. I couldn't believe this . We were traveling with friends luckily enough their room was ok , It wasn't the room I had made reservations for, but they said they were too tired to move. She gave us a room on the other side of the building, we checked it and thank goodness no bed bugs. There is a lot more I could say just not enough room on here. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN and I will make sure I tell everybody I can not too either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Pam,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience about our hotel. We take great pride in providing each and every guest a good clean room. I would like to apologize about you finding bugs in your rooms. We do get them treated every month for bugs. I would like to discuss this further if you can email me at i0162@redroof.com. I look forward to talking to you.

owner

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Mobile, Al.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the facility and the room. I especially enjoyed the
hardwood floors. It makes the place so much cleaner. My room was equiped with a microwave, mini refrigerator, hair dryer and ironing board/iron. Beds were clean and comfortable.
The front desk person was able to straighten out my reservation and give me the lower rate.
While the place was booked for a dog show (that's why I was there), there was plenty of food at the continental breakfast, including biscuits and sausage gravy, cold cereals, sweet breads,and milk, coffee/teas, along with whole fruit.
If I ever return for a dog show, I will definitely put them first on my list.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sbemsrd
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the clean room. Our staff takes great pride in providing each and every guest the best service and a clean room. I am glad you will conitune to stay with us next time you are in Chattanooga.

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I can always count on Red Roof Inn having a large handicapped bathroom, with a roll-in shower. This is very important, since my friend cannot stand or walk. I was also impressed with the new laminate flooring! It made it so much easier for my friend to get around in the room. And the new black counter-tops on the sink, table, bedside table and armoire were lovely!! The King bed was very comfortable. We slept well! Stayed two nights over Labor Day weekend. Kirsten, the receptionist, was great about helping me find places to see, gave us a 10% discount ticket for dinner, and even came out to the car to greet my friend. We had a lovely stay and will continue to use Red Roof Inns in our future travels!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and the hotel. We take great pride in providing great service and great quality room to each and every guest that stays with us at our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Chattanooga.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I made my reservation after 8PM via the tollfree desk from about 100 miles away for a same-night room. When I arrived, the front-desk clerk, Kristen, could have used 2-3 helpers. She is great at multi-tasking. I think she had three callers on Hold and three in front of her to check in, but she was cool, calm and collected throughout. Very friendly and polite with those on the phone and waiting. The property was clean, and my room as a great deal for a last-minute reservation. Red Roof Inn has been my first choice for several years. Fortunately, I didn't know about the public computer in the lobby for guests until eating a quick breakfast before Day 2 of 700 miles on my motorcycle! Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RedroofChatt, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello,

I would like to thank you for writing a wonderful review about our hotel and Kristen. I will share your review with the staff during our monthly meeting. We greatly appericate your comments about our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Chattanooga.

Calistoga, California
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We paid $49 after taxes for a room in which we stayed during labor day weekend 2013. The location is good as far as being surrounded by many restaurants & stores. It is about 10 miles away fron chattanooga downtown though.

The reception is quite nice & the receptionist lady was also quite nice & helpful, which made me get really excited about how nice the room would be. .but NO.... the room was quite small & extremely basic which I guess is reasonable for the price, but somehow I always thought red roof inns were supposed to be niceshis places to stay. Our room had a nasty & penetrating smell. On a better note it did seem reasonably clean. No sign of bed bugs. The shower was nice, good preasure & water stays hot. The room has a mini fridge. They said they offer free breakfast from 6am to 9 am which I thought it was kind of ridiculous; no offense but we aren't all senior citizens here who get up as soon as the sun is out. The lady also said there was free wi fi but it kept messing up in my phone...I was havin issues connecting to it so I just used my 4G service.

I think this just about summarizes it all. There is also free parkin out side the rooms. Hope this helps!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We have been having problems with the WiFi. We are in the process of changing to faster WiFi. Hopefully we should have that done in a month. I am happy to know that the room was clean and you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you will conitune to use us in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very clean, pet friendly room. Recently updated. Great Price! Free wifi. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Only dissent is that it appears there are quite a few people living there full time and it detracts from the appearance of the hotel somewhat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RedroofChatt, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our clean, nice, and well priced room. We have spent great deal of time to renovate the hotel. I am glad to see that all the hard work is paying off. I hope you will conitune to stay with us next time you are in Chattanooga.