“not so good”

Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport
Ranked #62 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I paid extra for a renovated room. It was renovated but not so good. There were lipstick stains on two of the four pillow cases.The bathroom walls and ceiling were peeling badly apparently due to leaks from toilet above,the knob on the shower control was very loose,and the stopper in the sink could not be raised except for digging your fingernails into the crack and yanking it up.The whole toilet was loose from the floor and was crooked and rocked around with you on it.The orange juice at the breakfast was a pale orange water like liquid.The sausage gravy contained no sausege at all. It looked like it had pepper in it but no flavor of anything.The coffee from the decaf caraf was really regular which messed with my heart meds.The upholstry on the seats in tiny breakfast area was very stained and looked awful.I mentioned this to the attendant who said that they had tried to clean them but no success.Was told that I could not complain to the owner as the owner was out of the country. Wont stay here again.Maybe never in a red roof again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
RedroofChatt, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

I wanted to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations during your stay. This is certainly not the standard that we expect at our hotel and I can assure you that these comments will be passed on to our general manager. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay further at i0162@redroof.com or 423-899-0143

Thanks,
Jennifer

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great location near I-75 and Hamilton Place Mall. Excellent service from check in staff (Maggie) to go along with newly renovated rooms and very reasonable rates. Will stay here again and again. Pet friendly too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay here sometimes when I am in the chattanooga area for work.I am a long haul mail carrier and stay in motels more than I sleep in my own bed..I find those motels and stops across the states I cover that are confortable, clean and safe to be around. I approve of this motel.I havent stayed there in awhile because I havent been thru the area, but its on my list of motels I have in my phone.Its just off I-75 on shalliford road.Its clean, the rooms are nice for a red roof inn and its reasonable.I feel safe there is a reason I stay somewhere.I have stayed here over 10 times thru the last 10 years and have always found it what I expected.Sometimes staying for several days at a time..There is a waffle house within rock throwing distance,a small store, its across town from the vacation district which makes it not so expensive.I call it like I see it.... I dont sugar coat anything.If its nasty, I will tell you .... if its clean, I repeat my business and am a loyal guest.When I find something good, I stick with it.If you need a clean confortable motel room passing the area, this is just off I-75 and easy to get to.. its my motel when I am in chattanooga..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

After debating on hotels to stay at on the outskirts of Chattanooga, we decided on this hotel and I am very glad we did. This room was very clean, nice, and had been newly remodeled. The beds were very comfortable also.We printed off a coupon for a discounted stay that we found on the Chattanooga Website so we got an even better deal. The staff was great. The breakfast was nice to. It was located close to many resutrants such as Wendy's, Shoneys, Taco Bell, etc. The mall and other stores were also close by. We were about 15 minutes away from attractions such as Ruby Falls, Rock City, etc. I felt safe in this hotel and that means alot in this day and time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and If I am ever back in that area again, I will stay here. Be sure to ask for an updated room! Nice hotel for a great price!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our hotel. We love when our guests have a great stay and love to hear their feedback. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

After much frustration with trying to find a hotel on a last minute trip to Chattanooga, we decided to wing it. All in all it turned out okay. The room was clean...enough. There could have been more attention given to cleaning more than just the expected. (i.e. the walls were scuffed and dirty) All in all it got the job done. You might want to bring a pillow as theirs are pretty puny and breakfast is pretty light even by hotel standards and there really isn't room to sit. for the money we believe we could have done better. We also could have done a lot worse.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the first time a choice guided by Trip Advisor has severely let me down. If you need the low rates, keep valuables out of your car and get one of the renovated rooms then your stay here may be tolerable. I was in the area on business through two weekends and this location is not offering a weekly rate on any of the renovated rooms and the non-renovated rooms are abysmal. My first thought was that there was no way I could be here later in the week when my wife was to join me for the weekend, which was quickly followed by the certainty that I couldn't stay there and I generally have a very utilitarian outlook. The thick, musty smell of dampness, the stains on the floor, chairs, shower, and sink and the age and just icky feel to the bed was too much. The service was prompt and efficient at check-in, also quick and friendly handling my cancellation without charge. I was offered a renovated room at normal nightly rates if I wanted it.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank PaulGoes
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed for three nights having originally booked two and I obviously wouldn't have done that if I hadn't been happy. The room was very comfortable and it was conveniently located near petrol stations, restaurants and shopping. Suzanne on the desk was very helpful and in the unlikely event of me ever being back in Chattanooga I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo