“roach hotel”

Ranked #61 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Hays, Kansas
“roach hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Found a live roach in room on bed. I walked it to lobby and showed it to desk personnel, they did not act surprised, They agreed it was a roach. They said they could not offer any refund. Property needs cleaned and sprayed for bugs. Burn holes in bedspread and it was suppose to be a non smoking room. Rooms need help.

1 Thank paintingsmuseum
RedroofChatt, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay with us. I will follow up with my housekeeping manager to see that this does not happen again. I would love for you to give us another try and encourage you to contact me directly so we can discuss this further. My e-mail is i0162@redroof.com

Thanks,
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is way above the standard for a moderately priced hotel. The room was tastefully decorated, the bed was super comfortable. The front desk clerk was very helpful and everyone was friendly.

Will definately stay at this hotel again.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The employees were friendly, nice and informative on area attractions and places to eat. My room was directly above the office, and was nicely appointed and clean.

My room was a king/single room (upgraded room, not the double/discounted room). The king size bed was VERY comfortable, the furnishings were nice, the room was larger than I expected (I had two workspaces/desks!), and the bathroom was clean. I stayed on a weekend night and the rate was ~75. The hotel is not a new Red Roof Inn, but it is apparent that the owner's have spent money refurbishing the rooms. Nice furnishings, granite countertops on the desks and vanity, bedding was updated, etc.

The hotel is located within walking distance of several restaurants, including the Waffle House (litterally right by the hotel), Subway, Sonic, Sushi, and LongHorn Steakhouse. There are two convenience stores and a liquor store, in case you are staying more than one day and want to stock your fridge or buy a bottle of wine and just relax.

The area appeared safe, but there is a lot of traffic on Shallowford Road (in case you want to cross over to walk to the Sonic, all the other restaurants are on on the same side as the hotel).

The room I had did have a coffee maker in the room, with both decaf and regular coffee provided. In my experience, some Red Roof Inn rooms do not come with coffee makers, but cost significantly less per night than the upgraded rooms (you can get coffee in the lobby for free). The breakfast in the lobby included a decent selection of cereal, pastries, coffee, juices and even biscuits and gravy. .

I will stay here again on my next trip to Nashville!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Caldwell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

The service was great and they were very friendly. I loved the fact that they had upgraded my room for no extra charge. The beds were nice and firm and I loved the wood floor, granite counter tops, and the uplifted sink. The only problem that I had with the room was that I felt that it could have been cleaner. Plus, there were two used rags hanging in the shower.

Southaven, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The first room we were in had old wood floors, cracked tile in the bathroom and the light fixture didn't work over the sink. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful, and moved us next door. This room had carpet pulled away from the walls, no microwave, no coffee pot and the air conditioner did not cool. I did report this, but it was not fixed. The sheets and bedspreads had burn holes all in them. The location was ok and the staff was friendly, but our stay lacked much.

1 Thank sadie4122
Lexington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

The room itself was very nice. The amenities were updated and attractive. The room,however, was very dirty. It seemed like the room had been brushed over very quickly when they cleaned it. The floor was dirty. The bed sheets had stains. There was a used dirty towel hanging in the shower. There were ashes on the bedside table. There was a plastic cup lid by the bed. I had to search for the remote and found it underneath the bed. The vanity sink drained slowly so I had to take a break between brushing my teeth and washing my face. The outside of the inn was very dirty. Paint cans and trash bags just lying about.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank jeffj25
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was shocked by the renovation of the lobby and the rooms. I literally thought that the spot was being changed to a 5 star hotel! The rooms made me feel like my normal $125/night stays at "high class" hotels. I will never again doubt what's under a red roof, lol. The staff were extremely helpful, courteous, and just overall pleasant to deal with. I travel about 75% of the year and stay in all the major brands, this location has won my vote in being qualified to square up with the big leagues.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple