“Don't stay at this hotel!”

Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport
Ranked #59 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I would pay more and stay at a decent hotel instead of stopping here. The location was great--near shopping and restaurants. The hotel was dirty and I didn't feel safe even though my room had been remodeled! People (men) on the sidewalks having a party outside their rooms. The desk clerk refused to give me the sign-on and password for the internet saying that "It ain't workin' tonight." Pass this one up and go to another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank bookgirl1962

Reviewed August 17, 2011

It is very nasty and so are the people. Garbage all over the walk ways and the rooms are nasty.

It is very old and carpet needs replacing very badly and they said they remodeled one building but have no plans to remodel business king rooms.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank darrellknoch
RedroofChatt, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear guest,

Sorry you had a bad experince at our hotel...We are in the process of remodeling the other buildings as well.. We had a problems with the bank but everything is a go now.

dhaval

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I would never stay in this hotel again. I didn't feel safe and even though some of the rooms had been redone, it was not a good place. We had our 16 year old granddaughter with us. When we pulled up to our assigned room there was a group of men drinking beer , talking loudly, with no shirts on. We learned later that they were contract workers, which I don't have anything against people making a living, but stay in your room with your beer and keep your shirt on in public. They gave us another room, which still didn't feel safe. We left there at 5:00 am the next morning. Moral of the story! Pay the additional 50 bucks and get a descent hotel. I will never stay here again.

2  Thank Annette J
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Cockroaches crawling all over the place. Ants in the bathroom...Stinky- smelly- gross. I am going to notify the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Health. This by far was the worst hotel I have ever seen. We only lasted an hour before we walked out. Stains all over the walls and floors.....there was duct tape holding up the wall paper- not kidding. The staff was nice but when we complained and said we needed another room....guess what?? The same thing. I can't tell you how gross and smelly this place is!!! They were so infested with roaches when we brought in food, the cockroaches were crawling on it within minutes...disgusting......They need to close this place down.

2  Thank PattyVeles
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Made reservation online while on the road after travel plans changed. Read how the rooms were recently renovated. Well, not ALL of them. My party had 2 rooms and they were completely disgusting, filthy and smelly. Opening the door to the "non-smoking" we were nearly knocked over by the stench and the excessive heat. It was a warm July evening and the air was turned off on the second floor rooms, making it approximately 85 to 90 degrees in the room. The old air conditioner units couldn't cool the rooms to a comfortable temperature. When I called the office, the woman said to give it some time, told me they were full and if I wasn't happy, invited me to come down and check out.

1  Thank Carolyn B
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I decided to stay at the Red Roof on Shallowford Road, expecting
the worse. Surprise! The rooms are remodeled and very stylished. Everything is new. It was a happy and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank piedmontatl
Reviewed May 24, 2011

For the money, you couldn't beat the comfort and location with a stick! I have found my new home away from home (no thanks to the 10 hotels I stopped at before this one!).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business