“I love the valets!”

The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel is nice and very comfortable, but the best part is the valet service! The guys down there are super nice,especially the ones named Taylor. They are o sweet! I will always stay here when I'm in Chattanooga, which is often. Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The valet team was AMAZING (especially Logan)! Also, the hotel was very nice and even accommodated our dog! Treats and all! The room was extremely spacious and clean. All the staff was very friendly. A+ Sheraton Read!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kknapp2
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Valet team was outstanding at the Read House. I would recommend you use this service, its worth the $15. This valet team also pointed me in the right direction for great places to eat. Kudos to Joseph & Camero for the great customer service!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It has been a while since I stayed downtown and not only was the hotel a great value but the location was awesome! Cody the Valet gave us some great advise on places to see and eat! He also showed us the shuttle which was great getting us around downtown. I would highly recommend staying at the Read House to my friends and family!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in October for a wedding. I'll begin by saying, I found very little wrong with the hotel... but for a hotel with as grand a history as the Read House, it just lacked that little something that would make it shine. The hotel was beautifully appointed with a friendly staff. We stayed in a junior suite with a king sized bed. The layout of the room was nice but there were areas that needed updating. As other reviewers have mentioned, the Starbucks connected to the hotel is perfect for an early morning coffee. As I understand, it's the only full service Starbucks in downtown Chattanooga. After your morning coffee grab a bike from one of the many bike rental kiosks throughout the city and explore!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank briyor
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

The Sheraton Read House is a wonderful place to stay while visiting Chattanooga! I love the story that our hotel has to tell. I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We love it when our guests share in the love we have for our beautiful hotel. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've stayed all over the states and by far this is one of my favorite places to stay. Sheraton Read House Hotel has a great staff. The history behind Read House is very interesting. I recommend the valet staff highly. The meeting rooms are large and easily seat a large group. The dining room is outstanding.

Room Tip: Stay in the original part on the 3rd floor and you might see a ghost !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

All of us at the Sheraton Read House love to hear about our guest's experiences. Thank you for sharing! We love our hotel and the story that she has to tell, and really enjoy it when our guest's share in that love. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us, and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Chattanooga!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at this hotel on a regular basis. It is the hallway pt between St. Louis and Noth Carolina. We usually meet my in laws here when they come to get our kids for the summer. We always get treated with the utmost respect, never had a reservation messed up. Clearly the hotel is old however the staff makes up the difference. The only thing I would ask for is free wifi should be included with the cost. Oh by the way did I mention my brother in law is a director of finance with Starwood hotels & resorts. So we stay at thier property's as much as possible. We will be at the hotel 12/20 so if casper the friendly ghost is there I would like to meet him.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

The Sheraton Read House is a great place to stay, and we are so glad that you agree! Thank you for making us a stop along the way - we always love to have repeat guests. We would like everyone to be part of the family! I'm sure we'll see you again soon!