“The staff make the difference!”

The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Ranked #19 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Mobile, Alabama
“The staff make the difference!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel has a lot of history and character to it! Even claims to have a haunted room, but could not get my kids to agree with me to stay in it! Perfect time to book for Halloween! The staff were excellent from check in to check out! Valet parking, provided pamphlet about the history of the hotel to my kids, directions, room service, most comfortable beds...Excellent all around!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emily W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2013

WAs a very lovely hotel with a great fitness center and spacious rooms with a separate living room area.

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful - especially Joey G, valet parking staff, who kindly let me take his great jacket up hiking when I realized I did not have one with me and he mentioned it might be windy. Without hesitating, he thoughtfully said I could take his and just return it when I was back at the hotel. What super service - thank you Joey G!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked out stay as a priceline express deal and got it for $57 dollars. I couldn't have been happier with the price, but honestly I would have been pleased even if I had paid $115. I was super impressed with all the staff I came in contact with, especially the valet and Angelene. I am used to staying in a super 8 type hotel and this experience was far beyond the norm for us. The room was very clean and comfy. Even the furniture seems upgraded. The beds were SUPER soft and comfy. They gave two very nice pillows for each person which was nice. The history and architecture was very nice and interesting. Possibly a bit spooky to some but very unique to me and we had a great time just exploring all of the areas of the hotel. I would say that the only real downside I could see is that the elevators and plumbing are indeed a bit louder than I have heard in other hotels. I am a light sleeper but was still able to sleep through it and felt rested in the morning. It would not be a deal breaker for me. We did stay in the new section on a street corner room with a view that was nice but I don't know how that would affect the sound. I am definitely looking forward to staying there again real soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 351 on the corner on the road. It had one big window and one smaller window. Had a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and love to stay in the older part of the hotel. It has a lot of character. We've been Starwood members for many years and have stayed at Starwood hotels in many countries but this ranks near the top of good experiences. It was my daughter's 4th birthday and for some reason she enjoys staying in "nice hotels" as she calls them. Ken at the front desk treated us like royalty and upgraded our room so that my daughter felt like a true princess. Thanks Ken for making my daughter's birthday that much more special. Great hotel and great staff!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Phi450
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
The Sheraton Read House can certianly be a magical place! I'm so glad to hear that we were able to make your daughter feel like the princess that she is, especially on her birthday! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it!

-Jen Prpich, General Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've been on this hotel 5 times between 2012-2013... this hotel is rated as 3star hotel but since my experience on hotels I'll give a well deserved 3 1/2 star.
Great location in downtown, nice restaurant, starbucks coffe attached to the building, well maintained, nice rooms w/ comfortable beds, complimentary internet, a decent fitness center space, quite location, great staff, walk-in distance for entertainment area.

the only thing is parking isn't complimentary, but you can find a close by parking for $6 per day..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SOUSAtravels
All of us here at the Sheraton Read House Hotel are glad to hear that you keep coming back to stay with us. Thank you for taking time to let us know. We love to hear about our guest experiences and I make sure to pass along our guest's comments. We hope to have you back with us soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was our second stay, the first being many years ago. We had no problems years ago, but this time we were not impressed. The fitted sheets on the bed were not the correct size, or not tight enough and would not stay on the bed. This made sleeping almost impossible, as the fitted sheet was rolled up, underneath me all night...The bed itself was comfortable but the mess of the sheets after 10 minuets of lying in the bed made for a very long night. Also, the tub/shower was out-dated, and looked dirty (though on close examination, this was chips of paint that had flaked off). Our view was not great, mostly of the very close building next door- allowing small amount of sun light in, but the billboard out the window kept the room very lit at night... The Reed House has lots of history that makes it a unique place to stay but there are so many other places in Chattanooga that are far more accommodating.

Room Tip: Get a room on the original side of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert S
I am happy to let you know that the Sheraton Read House is up for a soft renovation soon, which will include our guestrooms! Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I hope that next time you will be willing to give us another try. The next time your travels bring you to Chattanooga, please feel free to contact me directly at 423-313-3873.

Mississippi
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay here every time we go through Chattanooga and it never disappoints. Only thing disappointing about this trip was the weather. We were in town on 4th of July for the fireworks, but due to rain, they cancelled the fireworks. $50 pet fee. Parking was $15. Grassy areas across the street for exercising your pet. Trolly stop right out front. Lot to do. Will stay here again when passing through. Staff was helpful. Room was large.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jkdaves
The Sheraton Read House Hotel was glad to have you back! I hope that you enjoyed the weather this past weekend. It was absolutely lovely! Fall is coming on fast. I appreciate your continued loyalty to the Sheraton Read House, and hope that your travels will bring you back our way soon.