“Pretty average”

The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Ranked #22 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed 4 nights while on vacation with family. Good first impression, very nice lobby. The hallway leading to room was dark, wallpaper peeling, old carpeting. The room itself was ok, just everything looked old, the bathroom grout was dirty and could see a few holes which were poorly patched up. The free shuttle has a stop right outside the hotel which is a plus. Not terrible but I'm sure there are better choices in such a great city.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Our Sheraton Read House is a historic gem that is in the heart of the city. I am so sorry you did not have an excellent exerpeice as that is what we strive to do. Please call me if I can do anything at 423-313-3873. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton for a meeting last week and found it adequate at best. The hotel is dated and dark overall. It's location- away from the Riverfront - is suboptimal for tourists. We were in the older part of the hotel and updating is needed.The bathroom was quite small as well. The gym is tiny and there is only an indoor pool. There is furniture outside but some of the wooden seats were broken and in need of repair.Overall, the staff was nice and friendly. However, our room was not cleaned for 2 days and the first evening we could only get towels brought up. The second evening ,with more aggressive complaining, housekeeping did come by. I have not stayed in other hotels in Chattanooga but suspect (and hope!!)there better places to stay in this charming city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in "less old" part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

The Sheraton Read House is in a really cool town I agree. I am horrified that you had a disappointing stay as that is not at all what we are about. We appreciate your comments as we take them very seriously. Not only do I review them, but our owners do too. We are committed to continue to make the Read House a historic lankmark far into the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just spent the last 4 nights at the Read House in Chattanooga for our sons wedding and could not have been more impressed. The hotel reminds me of the Peabody in Memphis, older but sophisticated. The staff at any hotel makes or breaks ones experience and the staff at the Read House was spot on. The location is perfect as everything downtown is within easy walking distance. The wedding reception was here in the Silver Ballroon and the preparations made were first class. Marlena, the sales manager that arranged our block of rooms, truly went out of the way to make all of our out of town guests comfortable. This is a must hotel if you are travelling to Chattanooga.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the original tower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Our Sheraton Read House is an incredible treasure. I am so glad you had a great time and you enjoyed our Gem in the heart of the City.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

absolutely loved this hotel from the time I arrived until I left. I was completely floored as to how friendly the valet staff greated me. Timmy made me feel like I was gold. Very friendly and not only remembered our name every time but made an effort to call at us everytine he saw us. Chris in security and the hotel staff were super friendly as well. I travel a lot for work and this is the best experience I have had yet. Clean rooms and easy access to lots of things to do downtown. As if I already didn't love it we were in need of something from the gas station and had a few drinks and Johnny from valet offered and drove us there and back. Above and beyond the call of duty! Simply amazing experience!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013

I agree that our Sheraton Read House is phenominal. My favorit is the Silver Ballroom and the walnut in the lobby. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

A Surprise in Choo Choo

My first stay at this hotel. I just checked in. This a very nice surprise. This hotel is stately and maintained well.
This hotel is better than a category 2 hotel and a great deal for using points.
I got upgraded to a junior suite which is very nice and spacious. Ok, the bathroom is not very large, but that is expected at a historic property.
So far people are very friendly and service is good. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful, even though I checked in after midnight. I am on a short business trip and this is exactly what I needed.
Book it with confidence!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Jen P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Our Sheraton Read House is a treasure. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband, two year old son, and I went to Chattanooga for the weekend and we really enjoyed staying at this hotel. We got a great hotel rate and were so glad we decided to stay here as opposed to the cheesey Chattanooga Choo Choo. The Sheraton hotel is located right on the main street downtown and it is very nice. We went to the aquarium and out to eat down the street, which was really convenient. We took advantage of the free downtown shuttle, and we also walked in the area. The valet/bell hop was very friendly and helpful. We used the hotel pool and enjoyed the Starbucks located inside the hotel. Our room was very spacious and classy. The front desk staff were nice and helpful too. A complaint is that a few of the treadmills were not working in the hotel gym, and one treadmill was being used by another hotel patron, so I was unable to run like I had planned. Also, the waterfall in the pool that is shown in the pictures was not working, and the pool was a little colder than I would have expected. Overall, this is a great place to stay and we were very pleased with our choice. We will stay at this hotel again when we come back to town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Our Sheraton Read House is in a great location downtown with lots of hidden treasures. Did you see the Silver Ballroom? If not, be sure to visit it next time. Thank you for the feedback as its how we improve. Our waterfall in the pool is back on and we also turned the heater up. Hope to see you next time.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wonderful staff, great location, very comfy bed! We arrived close to 8 pm after a long day of driving. I had reserved a king suite but I was informed no more were available at the front desk. We were promptly upgraded to a large king room with a jacuzzi - which was perfect after a long day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is beautiful, and we had a great view of the city and mountains from our window. There are several really good restaurants within walking distance as well. This was our first stay but we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Better view from the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

The Sheraton Read House is right on the electric shuttle line. Although you can walk everywhere sometimes when its hot its nicer to take the air conditioned shuttle. Hope to see you again soon.