“Phenominal!”

The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Phenominal!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

absolutely loved this hotel from the time I arrived until I left. I was completely floored as to how friendly the valet staff greated me. Timmy made me feel like I was gold. Very friendly and not only remembered our name every time but made an effort to call at us everytine he saw us. Chris in security and the hotel staff were super friendly as well. I travel a lot for work and this is the best experience I have had yet. Clean rooms and easy access to lots of things to do downtown. As if I already didn't love it we were in need of something from the gas station and had a few drinks and Johnny from valet offered and drove us there and back. Above and beyond the call of duty! Simply amazing experience!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I agree that our Sheraton Read House is phenominal. My favorit is the Silver Ballroom and the walnut in the lobby. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2013

A Surprise in Choo Choo

My first stay at this hotel. I just checked in. This a very nice surprise. This hotel is stately and maintained well.
This hotel is better than a category 2 hotel and a great deal for using points.
I got upgraded to a junior suite which is very nice and spacious. Ok, the bathroom is not very large, but that is expected at a historic property.
So far people are very friendly and service is good. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful, even though I checked in after midnight. I am on a short business trip and this is exactly what I needed.
Book it with confidence!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jen P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Our Sheraton Read House is a treasure. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband, two year old son, and I went to Chattanooga for the weekend and we really enjoyed staying at this hotel. We got a great hotel rate and were so glad we decided to stay here as opposed to the cheesey Chattanooga Choo Choo. The Sheraton hotel is located right on the main street downtown and it is very nice. We went to the aquarium and out to eat down the street, which was really convenient. We took advantage of the free downtown shuttle, and we also walked in the area. The valet/bell hop was very friendly and helpful. We used the hotel pool and enjoyed the Starbucks located inside the hotel. Our room was very spacious and classy. The front desk staff were nice and helpful too. A complaint is that a few of the treadmills were not working in the hotel gym, and one treadmill was being used by another hotel patron, so I was unable to run like I had planned. Also, the waterfall in the pool that is shown in the pictures was not working, and the pool was a little colder than I would have expected. Overall, this is a great place to stay and we were very pleased with our choice. We will stay at this hotel again when we come back to town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Our Sheraton Read House is in a great location downtown with lots of hidden treasures. Did you see the Silver Ballroom? If not, be sure to visit it next time. Thank you for the feedback as its how we improve. Our waterfall in the pool is back on and we also turned the heater up. Hope to see you next time.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wonderful staff, great location, very comfy bed! We arrived close to 8 pm after a long day of driving. I had reserved a king suite but I was informed no more were available at the front desk. We were promptly upgraded to a large king room with a jacuzzi - which was perfect after a long day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is beautiful, and we had a great view of the city and mountains from our window. There are several really good restaurants within walking distance as well. This was our first stay but we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Better view from the upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
The Sheraton Read House is right on the electric shuttle line. Although you can walk everywhere sometimes when its hot its nicer to take the air conditioned shuttle. Hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very friendly staff at this lovely hotel. Magnificently restored lobby. Nice pool with great work out room. Comfortable, quiet room with super comfy bed. Wish we could stay longer! Need to pay $15 a day to park.

1 Thank panpanda
The Sheraton Read House lobby is all origanl walnut wood. Its so beautiful. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again real soon.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and you can walk to the aquarium area fairly easy...or just hop on the free shuttles and be there in no time. Upon arrival, the hotel's computers were down so we could not check in. They provided coffee and snacks and tried their best to accommodate. The valet's were very helpful with getting our car back quickly so we could store our luggage while we ventured out. John Michael, a valet, really went out of his way. We booked on Priceline and got a great deal - under $100 for the night...definitely worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Our Sheraton Read House is a treasure. I am so sorry you had to wait to check in. Our computers never go down and I hate that happened to you. However I am glad your stay was nice. Please come back and see us again.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel Lobby is impressive and it is close to the Electric Shuttle or you could walk to most downtown attractions. There is a parking lot across from the entrance that we paid $5.00 per day if you don't want to deal with the valet parking which I never really care for. Indoor swimming pool didn't wasn't very enticing as the water did not appear to be clear and one of the lights of the pool was hanging out. Staff is very friendly. We were in room 346 which I guess is in newer part of hotel. Room was average not bad but nothing spectacular. Bed was comfortable. I would stay again based on rate I got.

1 Thank JohnK4650
Our Sheraton Read House is a great hotel and a nice location. We are glad you had a nice time. See you soon,