“Nice Convention Center hotel”

Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Pros: Very comfortable beds, nice shower heads and toiletries, located next to convention center, indoor/outdoor pools (although poorly advertised in in-room guide), nice quality facilities.

Cons: A bit of trek to many of the nicest downtown attractions and restaurants. Fee to park. Fee for wifi. Lack of continental breakfast. Air conditioner was extremely noisy and there was an annoying blinking light all night (smoke detector I believe).

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Hi bsu1999

Thank you for your 4-star review and for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will follow up on the constructive comments right away. If you do return to Chattanooga, please also keep in mind that the complimentary city electric shuttle picks up regularly outside of our front door. Thanks again for your feedback and your business. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great hotel and helpful staff. Very comfortable room. We did not schedule our reservation correctly, and they worked with us to get us as low of a price as possible for the one night that we needed. This hotel is connected to the Chattanooga Convention center and has a shuttle that will take you downtown or to the Chattanooga ChooChoo area which makes it very convenient. The indoor and outdoor pool was a great convenience. The workout area was fantastic.

The only thing I would change would be to provide a small refrigerator in the room (microwave too, but I'm sure that is pushing it). We would stay here agau,

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hi KINJAMYHAZ

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your visit, which is always great to hear. We do have refrigerators available upon request, so if you stay with us in the future, just let us know. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the pools, as well. Thank you for your business and for your review.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here during a visit to MacCallie. Staff was friendly, accommodations were clean and spacious. Especially loved the water pressure in the shower (usually a problem in hotels). Did not have a chance to sample breakfast but food looked good. Parking is a little out of the way but they offer free valet service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hi Dina K

Thank you for your recent visit and for your review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I hope you'll continue to keep us in mind for your return visits to Chattanooga.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My son gave this to me for a present. I drive up and Matt comes to welcome me to the Marriott. He takes my bag to checkin and they have my room ready. It's about 2:35. I requested a king but doubles were fine. I asked for help with my luggage and Dwayne graciously helped me. I had not met him before. I asked for a fridge and microwave and maint had it up there within 15 min. I asked maid service for some more bar soap and they gladly gave me another. Don't change that. It's the best soap I've ever had in a hotel. I went to outdoor pool. It felt good and clean. I went and got ready for supper. Using coupon you had for kitchen at union square. Luke drove me but didn't know direct line to marriott so I walked back. Jordan was very helpful in finding me a coupon for blue water grille. He took me on shuttle. Very nice I walked back shopping and caught city shuttle back. Had excellent room service in bed. Troy was my bell hop. I asked Elliott at front desk about customer satisfaction form. He got right on it. Your hotel is beautiful and the staff did indeed make me a queen for the day. The only thing I hated about watching tv was all the long and frequent commercials. Haha. I'm so use to my DVR. I will definitely stay there again. Brownie pts to Matt Jordan Dwayne and Troy. They really knew there stuff. Thank you . Queen of June 22–23 at the marriott Renee McKaig.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi Rnmckaig

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate you mentioning several of our staff by name, which will allow us to specifically recognize them for their efforts. I'm glad that you enjoyed the facility, including the outdoor pool and the newest restaurant in the neighborhood, the Kitchen at Union Square. Please keep us in mind for any future visits to Chattanooga. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at this location while in town on business. Older property but well maintained. Nice bar/lounge for a late evening meal. Nice restaurant typical prices for the class of hotel and the area. Executive lounge is small but nice and offers foods from the restaurant. The staff throughout the facility was very helpful and professional. The valet staff were excellent, always cheerful and polite. 1st stay I was on the 16th floor and had a mini fridge, the second stay was on the 15th and did not. Back again in a few weeks will see what I get then. A fridge is always nice for cold bottle water and soda. The executive lounge water was always warm.

Room Tip: The higher the better to see the mountains and the city skyline at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hi Jean M

Thank you for your review and for both or your recent stays with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location and staff service - I'll share your comments with our team. In rooms that do not have refrigerators, we do have them upon request, so on your next visit, just let us know at time of check-in. I'll also follow up on your comment regarding the room-tempertaure water in the Executive Lounge, to make sure we resolve that. Thanks again for your business and your review!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and I was very pleased with all the amenities and service provided from the staff. I travel Monday through Friday and always appreciated a little extra effort to make me feel at home and the staff here did exactly that. Troy who worked at the valet stand gave me a free appetizer to the Kitchen at Union Station Restaurant and it was amazing.

The room was excellent and I was able to get a good night's sleep for a long day of work. Highly recommend for anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hi Robert D

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your favorable review. We appreciate your comments. Thank you for recognizing Troy's efforts. He's definitely a favorite of many of our guests.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly, and the hotel was very clean. However, wifi was up to $12 per day. Come on Marriott get with the program even the cheapest motels have free wifi. The room would not cool below 70 degrees at night so we had to sleep above the blankets. It was $10 per day to self park and $13 per day for valet. What they didn't tell us was there was also a $0.96 charge every time we entered the parking garage. And finally, when we checked into the hotel I told the desk I would be paying cash for my room, she told me there would be a $25 per day hold on my debit card until we checked out and I agreed to this. The hotel placed a $350 hold on my debit card for a two night stay (way more than $25 per day) . I had to call the hotel three times and call my bank to get instructions on how to have the hold removed. Then I had to call the hotel back again to relay the instructions on how to have the hold removed before the hold was removed three days later. All in all the hotel just wasn't worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 72Saint

Hi 72Saint

I'm very sorry that we fell short of your expectations during your stay with us. I will follow up on your specific comments today. There are a couple of items I would like to clarify - there is not a $.96 charge each time you enter the garage. We have $10 self parking and $14 valet parking, both of which have unlimited in and out access to our covered/secured garage. Our internet service for email and basic internet coverage is $6.95/day. I apologize for the issue with your debit card. If you paid cash at time of check-in, there should have only been a $25/day hold on your card. If you were paying cash at time of check-out, there is a hold for the full estimated amount of your stay including room, tax, and incidental charges. I am very sorry for any confusion on this, as well as that it took you multiple calls to get resolved. We appreciate your feedback and I will follow up on these issues today with our staff.