“Convention Connection”

Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Nashville, Tennessee
“Convention Connection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Traveled to Chattanooga for a small convention. Being connected to the Convention Center was a major plus. Hotel parking was a bit of a bear but once you got the handle of it, was good. Great location to be able to walk around the downtown Chattanooga area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi John H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your positive comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location - both proximity to downtown attractions and the convention center. We'll hopefully see you again soon!

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

For the second year, we chose the Marriott Downtown in Chattanooga for our convention. This year, I avoided the hotel’s restaurant, having found it to be ‘way off. The hotel, however, is clean, the rooms well maintained and the service very good. Zac Jackson and Matt at the front desk (Matt was front desk manager, I think) were very helpful. I had booked three rooms with my credit card, but Matt had no problem dividing the charges between the three of us. The one minor flaw was the HVAC. On Friday, it was chilly in the Convention Center. On Saturday, it was cold enough to hang meat in the assembly halls. On Sunday, it was incredibly muggy and uncomfortable, even in the hotel’s rooms. With changing weather outside, this may be understandable. Overall, a very good experience. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: End of the hall, away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hello Rosson45

It was great to have your group with us again this year! Thank you for your business and for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and I'll make sure that we recognize Zac and Matt for their service efforts. I apologize for the HVAC issues that you mention, and I will follow up on those. Thanks again for your business and for taking the time to share your review with future travelers.

Ooltewah, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a wonderful lunch at the Marriott. After attending the Southeastern Synod ELCA Assembly closing worship service, we took the elevator up to the Marriott Dining Room. There were 6 of us....all close friends who hadn't been together for a while. Doniece was very attentive and friendly....made us feel right at home. She was also ready to go out of her way to make our experience a pleasant one. Her recommendation of the crab cake sandwich was right on the mark.....it was excellent! Great food, great service.....will definitely come back here! Thanks for making our time together special!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Shopr62

We enjoyed having your group with us this past weekend again! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Donniece is a definitely one of our "stars" and I'll make sure that we recognize her efforts. Thanks for your business and for your review.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I want to say that the staff was excellent in attempting to resolve noise issues we had. The pillows were very difficult to sleep on and the beds were just ok. I was disappointed in the pool areas. They are older and small. The outdoor pool was open, but the water was too cold to swim. The indoor pool was tiny and so crowded it was uncomfortable. I would prefer to stay at a hotel that was closer to the Riverfront.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi Velvetnit

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the pool experience fell short of your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff today. We do appreciate your business and your comments and will follow up on your comments immediately.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Marriott just seemed a little worn out and tired. It's clean, good location, friendly employees, but a few things to make it better...
update the decor as it felt used,
bar needs to have better wine and beer selection (my sauvignon blanc for $9 tasted like it came out of $2 bottle),
towels at the pool were only replaced once a day in the late afternoon leaving lots of people without clean towels,
AC unit next to pool kind of kills the relaxation (some sort of water feature would be nice to drown out the sound), and
elevators are super slow even when you are on them, the doors are so slow to open and close.

Otherwise for the location and the bike share outside the hotel, this is a clean place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Kimberly C

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments specific to the hotel cleanliness, staff, etc. Thank your for your other constructive feedback as well. I will follow up on those comments right away. Thanks again for your business and for your response.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Even though I live nearby, I stayed at this hotel for a convention. I stayed on the Connoisseur floor so the rooms were very nice and roomy. You can't really see the river but it was a nice view of the city. Great location! That's the best part. An electric shuttle picks you up right at a side door to take you all over the downtown area for free so you don't have to move your car. It will even take you across the river to the trendy shops on the North Shore. I'm glad I had a chance to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SUSAN T
Hi Susan T

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us during your conference. Even though you live in the area, we hope that you'll keep us in mind for any future quick getaways.

Thanks again
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was one of the most accommodating hotels I have ever stayed. The amenities were very good, the room was large, very clean and brightly lite. Even though the hotel was full, it was very quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and the wait staff very attentive. As someone else stated there is free trolley service to major attractions in the city right outside the doors of the hotel. The lobby is quite large with many seating groupings - has the feel of a resort lobby! I sat there reading and people watching during my free time, as did many others. As I said before, the hotel was full when I was there, yet the staff was always friendly, flexible and helpful. They made you feel as though you were their only guest.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TomU2, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
GoVTHokieTraveler

Thank you for your thorough review. We did have a very busy weekend and I'm glad that you had such a great visit with us. We appreciate your positive comments and that you took the time to share them with us, as well as future Chattanooga visitors.

Thanks again