“Great service!”

Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Great service!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable - amazing customer service! Bathrooms were small but the sleeping area was adequate. Clean, comfortable and wonderful mountain view. It was also well decorated and parking was convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Loris95251

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and service. I will share these with our team. We appreciate you taking the time to share these comments with future travelers and we'll hopefully see you again soon.

Tom Underwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Ok, so the location is on point, and the hotel is beautiful. However, I was disappointed with some major things. The rooms are hot. We even had a tech come up and "fix" the ac, but the thermostat actually went up. As soon as we checked in, I pulled the black out curtains to avoid any extra heat. We heard several others complaining, as well. The bathrooms do not have any ventilation and super hot water. The mirrors out in the room fogged up from the shower. There are no vents in there, so the steam just smothers you. The extra charges here and there are ridiculous. We didn't pay to park in one single place we went to but had to pay $14/day to park at the hotel. And a final note on the young crew of guys you have valeting your cars?? We watched one pour a drink from a brown paper bag and then take a car, and then mine sat with the convertible top open ALL NIGHT because the kid didn't think to put it up. All of the fancy lights and furniture would NOT entice me to stay there again. I'm very lucky that my car was still there this morning. I'm really unsettled about this.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kelly D
Hi Kelly D

I am sorry to hear of the issues that you experienced. I will have our engineering staff take another look at the AC in that guest room today. All of our guest room bathrooms do have ventillation - it's a round vent close to the ceiling, is a total hotel exhaust system, and runs constantly, but is silent. Regarding your valet parking experience - I have followed up with our staff and apologize that the top of your vehicle was left down. Parking is $14 if you valet park your vehicle. We also offer self-parking at $10/night and there are street-parking options located around the hotel. These charges are comparable with most other downtown hotels, and are mentioned on the different booking web sites for our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that we didn't turn your experience around while you were here. We appreciate your feedback and I will follow up.

Morgan City, Louisiana
Reviewed April 27, 2014

There's not a single bad thing I could say about my experience. Staff was very helpful and courteous, amenities were great, and Valet was top notch! It was my first stay at their motel and next time I'm in Chattanooga I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
Hi Stoney143

It's great to hear of your experience. We often receive positive comments on our valet/front door team, so I will be sure to share your comments with them. Thanks for staying with us and we'll hopefully see you again soon.

Thanks
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed April 22, 2014

As always you get excellent service that you are accustomed to if you stay at Marriott. Catch the trolley right in front of the hotel to visit all the great food destinations in downtown Chattanooga. The bar and restaurant have great service and food and the room service is always on time and hot/fresh. Been staying here for years and it is always great.

Room Tip: No bad rooms here. Just try to stay clear of the rooms adjacent to the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Ricky768

Thanks so much for your review and for all of your business! I will share your comments with our food and beverage team as well. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and we'll hopefully see you again soon.

OOLTEWAH
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Although we live in Chattanooga, we decided to all get rooms to help celebrate a 50th birthday of a friend. The hotel was great - we were able to get rooms close to our friends. Not only did we have plenty of room in the hotel, we felt like we were a long way from home, instead of 20 miles. The beds were very comfortable and the room & bathroom was spotless. We have a nice selection of coffee and tea in the room along with a Starbucks downstairs. Enjoyed a very nice breakfast buffet the next morning and had an omelet that was out of this world. Overall the hotel is very classy and comfortable with all the amenities close by or within the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing downtown Chattanooga have incredible views!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Deborah B

Thanks to you and your friends for spending your special weekend with us! We appreciate your business and it's great to hear of your experience. I will share your comments with our staff. Thanks again for sharing your experience with other travelers as well.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I often stay in Marriott brands, mostly out of personal preference. I've stayed in a couple of different locations in and around Chattanooga... this is the only place I'll stay from now on. You just get the sense that they are genuinely glad you're there when young and energetic - ready to help - valets and bellhops greet you at your car. They don't seem disappointed if you waive them off, and they eagerly go beyond a standard measure if you ask for their assistance. The night crew when we arrived must have left a note for the morning crew - because the morning crew congratulated us with regard to the reason for our visit to Chattanooga (which we had only nonchalantly shared with the previous evening). That kind of attention to detail and courtesy from college aged employees? Refreshing! It's a Marriott, so there is a level of expectation from the start - but their rate for the weekend wasn't that much more than the others. Definitely worth the few dollars more.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ztraveling

Thank you for your review. It is great to see your comments about our staff and service levels. I will share your comments with our team. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again for your business and for taking the time to share your comments with future Chattanooga travelers.

Tennessee
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Made an overnight reservation on Concierge floor for my 8yr old daughter & I to see our family & just have a 'girly girl' stay! I thought this would be a great introduction into future 'girly girl' trips as she gets older and in spite of some very few 'minor notes', it was a good experience! First, valet was great and Matt even offered to clean up the chicken nuggets & fries that were spilled in the back floorboard; I was smitten with his genuine offer & let him know that I'd take care of that as I recognized that cleaning my car was not in his job description - I meant that in a very encouraging way! Couldn't tell if Front desk was in some kind of shift change (we arrived just after 4pm) or if they were preoccupied - took them a bit to acknowledge us (& when they did they seemed unsure!) even though there weren't any other clients in front of us. Maybe the suitcase and 8 yr old girl with a backpack threw them off - I suppose I was expecting more of a 'present' greeting as some other customers experienced but hey - they were polite and later on were able to get some toothpaste sent to our room since I missed packing it!
Once my daughter & I unpacked we went to explore the hotel! I was disappointed that the restaurant was closed that evening as I was hoping to order a big room service dinner for my daughter and possible family members that would be visiting. The other option was for my family to visit me and I would treat them to dinner in the restaurant but that didn't happen either. Instead I texted some of my family that was able to join me and met them at the Terminal Brew House which was fun, warm and served great food! I didn't really do a deep inspection of my room, as we were out and about but later in the morning I DID notice a film of dust behind where the hand towels were....not a big deal since this was overnight but had I stayed longer, I would have expected more thorough dusting. The concierge level was very nice! I was a bit confused on serving myself wine since the Chardonnay I wanted wasn't opened but out for display; SO - I took the liberty of opening it myself (there was no attendant nearby, I think she was in another room, stocking or something) and figuring out the card to indicate the glass I poured myself. I did follow up with her to let her know what I did and if everything was cool to which she replied 'yes' stated that she would make sure no one else would write or make a charge on the card I filled out - geez, I hope not, either! LOL! Was NOT expecting the decadent chocolate cake late at night - that was a treat! Breakfast in the concierge lounge was good and there was a bit more guests at that time of day. Because of that, my daughter and I put our drinks on the counter where we wanted to sit, facing Lookout mountain as we went through the buffet line to make our plates. Well, the service was SO good that our drinks were disposed of by the time we came back to sit down - which was a bummer since I brought my own coffee on this trip and its pretty strong.....So I had to go Starbucks later but it was no big deal getting my daughter another bottle of water with juice. Checking out was a breeze, all staff were very courteous and engaging when encountered one to one and again - valet stood out with their prompt and courteous service! Will consider staying here again but may also try other hotels w/ a concierge level in the area too since there is becoming more of a choice. The most important thing was that my daughter felt very special so since SHE left with a smile on her face - I did too!!!!

Room Tip: The walls are very thin and my next door neighbor in room 1516 had the volume of his TV up loud - ar...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hi Ronda B

Thanks so much for staying with us during your quick "mother/daughter getaway". We appreciate your business and I'm glad to hear that you had a great time and also appreciate the notes regarding your interactions with our staff. I'll also follow up today on the constructive comments and we always appreciate feedback that helps us improve. One note - the restaurant was closed due to low occupancy that night, but room service hours/offerings never change and our lounge offers the same full dinner menu. I apologize if this was not communicated properly. Thanks again for your business and we hope that you will keep us in mind if your travels bring you back to Chattanooga!