“Annual Cheer Competition”

Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Annual Cheer Competition”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

First of all the valet and Marriott staff were amazing! The valet group had the best customer service mentality I've ever seen! Every driver was friendly and professional. The cost was well worth the $4/day over self park. The front desk, housekeeping, and anyone else we saw around the hotel wearing a name tag were always friendly and helpful. The only downsides were the wait for the elevators, and the wait in the small lounge on the 2nd floor. The elevators could take 5 plus minutes to arrive. The lounge was very understaffed for such a busy weekend (it's an annual event) and the salad I ordered arrived with frozen (ice crystals on them) cucumbers. I didn't have to pay for it, but it would be nice if this lounge was better prepared for large crowds. Overall I highly recommend this hotel, especially for events at the Convention Center. There is a free shuttle service that will take you to all downtown attractions and it runs every 8 minutes or so.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Suite on a high floor and it was very nice!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Kelly D

Thank you for your review. The cheerleading competition is a weekend that we look forward to every year. It's great to hear your comments regarding our staff and service - I will share those. I do apologize that we did have an elevator out of service due to parts that could not be quickly delivered. This did cause delays throughout the weekend and I apologize for that. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback - we appreciate it.

Tom Underwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Loved the room, nice concierge lounge. Did not like the parking arrangement, expensive for the area at $12 per day self park, not an easy trek to the car. In any case, I will book this hotel again when in Chattanooga

• Stayed December 2013
Hi Momuvgirls

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our concierge lounge. Thank you very much for staying with us and we'll hopefully see you again if your travels bring you back to Chattanooga.

Thanks again
Friendsville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just average - certainly not worth the cost. Elevators were a joke, restaurant service was terrible. The food was okay when you finally got it, however it was a limited menu. Front desk was superior. Don't know if I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Cyn4467

Thank you for your stay with us. While it's great to see your comments regarding our front desk staff, I am very sorry with regards to your experience in our restaurant and with our elevator service. We did have an elevator out of service awaiting parts during a busy weekend, and we apologize that this caused delays. I will share your restaurant experience with our Restaurant Manager, and am sorry that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Due to the large volume of activity associated with the Cheerleading competition, we did have to offer a limited menu during this time.

Thank you for your business and for your feedback. We do hope we'll see you again for next year's competition.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have high expectations for any Marriott property. The Chattanooga Marriott Downtown exceeded them. When I first entered the hotel, I must admit that I was a bit turned off seeing how much of the main entrance and lobby area was under construction. But that momentary distraction was immediately overcome by the warm of the staff -- front desk and restaurant -- and the care and attention they focused on me and my travel companions. We were in town for a business meeting and the front desk staff ensured that all our questions were answered, that we had our return flight info and online check-in taken care of, and even arranged for the hotel shuttle to take us to our meeting. The folks there exuded "Southern Hospitality" -- and I hope to see them again soon. I heartily recommend this property for any business traveler that needs to be downtown. Thank you to Tom Underwood, GM, and his staff for making our short visit so nice and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hi KevinKane_DMW

Thank you for your business and for your review. Our lobby renovations are now complete and I'm glad to hear that our front desk and restaurant staff took such great care of your group. Please keep us in mind for any future visits to Chattanooga!

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic! We travelled here from Australia and it was one of the best hotels we stayed at on our trip. The staff were amazing! So nice and friendly! Ecspecially the front desk and the guys on the valet.
The rooms were clean and spacious! There was a shuttle out the back of the hotel that was free and ran every 10 minutes which was great for us to see Chattanooga.
Would stay here again without a doubt if I ventured back to Chattanooga.

• Stayed December 2013
Ashleighjhu

Thank you for staying with us during your visit from Australia! We appreciate your comments about our valet and front desk staff and I'll share those comments with them. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

bid our room this time-a slow weekend in chattanooga-got a super price-katherine gave us a bigger room with a fridge and a microwave-room was huge-as usual, super clean and well stocked-this hotel has a staff that cannot be beat-i regret not writing down the valet's name. he told us that he had worked there for less than 2 weeks. he brought our bags up then got ice for us. we were at the hotel on dec. 21.2013. hope some one there can identify this young man as he was so courteous and helpful. the new lobby decor is beautiful but i was very disappointed that there were no holiday decorations at all, anywhere in the hotel! downtown chattanooga has unfortunately gone downhill on holiday spirit and decorations in the last few years-in 2012, this hotel was breath taking with it's holiday decorations. also, room service is practically non existent in chattanooga hotels-the marriott's is very good, with extra large portions. we like to treat ourselves to breakfast in bed. we will definitely be coming back to the marriott.

Room Tip: ask for upper floors-families with kids less likely to want these rooms-ask for room with fridge and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Debrakayhoward

Thank you so much for you comments and for spending the holiday season with us! We appreciate your review and I'll share it with our staff as well. We were light on holiday decor this year, due to our renovations of our lobby area. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will hopefully see you again soon.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Once again, I stayed at the Chattanooga Marriott while home for Christmas. The experience was exactly what I expected - clean and quiet facility, exceptionally friendly staff, and a relaxed atmosphere. The hotel is wrapping up renovations and the lobby is gorgeous! The artwork in the main lobby is classic yet modern, and really updates the lobby. They were just finishing the flooring when I left, and it was looking sleek. The new line of toiletries in the rooms is nice as well -high end products with a hint of sandalwood. And the room was a perfect size for having friends over for drinks and hanging out - we did not feel cramped in a hotel room. The rooms were clean, the bed exceptionally comfortable - all things I've come to expect at this property. If you're visiting downtown Chattanooga, you really can not beat the Chattanooga Marriott for location, friendliness and value. Valet, indoor and outdoor pool, two restaurants, a bar, and a very nice fitness center in the basement! I used it several times. The only thing that was slightly disappointing this year - no Christmas music or Christmas tree in the lobby. I suspect this was because of the renovations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Ashlee

Thank you for making us your "home away from home" for Christmas again this year! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I'll share your comments with our staff and we'll hope to see you again soon!