“Ok”

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Stayed 2 nights there and it was ok at the best I believe. One thing, my biggest grip was the valet parking. If I had to do it over I would stay across the street and pay $5 a day. Seemed as if everytime I went downstairs someone was holding thier hand out wanting a tip. I for one think this is very unacceptable. The next time I will stay at my Fairfield Inn at Hamilton Place. Better location.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrCSwindle

Reviewed July 21, 2008

I traveled 9.5 hours to our family reunion with my family. This hotel needs updates from the Supervisors to simple maintainence. Our first night, we arrived at 2:30 a.m. and I just needed some sleep. I went to shower and there was hair all over the bathroom floor, the toliet seat and the bedspread. I called down to get housekeeping and was told that I couldn't get help until 7a.m.. Ok, I checked out the next day and went to stay in the room with my kids????? . After returning to the room, it wasn't cleaned(we returned at 8:30 p.m.). Again, I called down and was told that we had to wait until the next day for service. I asked for the manager on staff that night and she said that he wasn't in. I just can't believe that a 5 star hotel convention center, that was obviously holding meetings throughout that weekend, would not have a housekeeping staff 24hrs. This is unbelieveable. The Supervisors were so disrespectful to the guests and staff. I really was surprised by the boldness of the attitudes. I would never reccommend this hotel and I hope that Marriott Hotels reads this.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank badastylist
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a family reunion in Chattanooga, TN and from the time I walked in the manager was cursing out one of the employees right in front of us. This should have been a red flag. After being gone all day the first day of our arrival our room was not cleaned. I went down to the front desk to see why and the manager said that they were gone for the day. (WHAT!) The next day they gave us bottle of lotion and shampoo for our trouble, WOW! Upon awaking the last day of our trip we had someone elses hotel receipt under our door for checkout, with all of their information on it. Once again I address the manager KEN to see why/how something like this could have happen and where exactly is our receipt for the stay. He stated that he doesn't know how and we didnt get a receipt (this is the first ever) a hotel don't give you a receipt for staying at their hotel. So I asked for a copy or a printout of my receipt for the hotel and of course all my information and my last digit of my credit card on it as well. This was a trip from hell and I wouldn't recommend this hotel for my dog.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank TRULYDISAPPOINTED
Reviewed July 1, 2008

This full service Marriott property in downtown Chattanooga really needs a remodel. While the location is good just off of I-124 (a spur off of 1-24 into downtown), and connected to the convention center, the hotel is badly showing it's age.

The rooms are worn and just old. Probably not much they can do with the room layout - while the bedroom area is a nice size, the bath is very small. There is a separate sink area outside of the bathroom and directly across from the closet. Not a very appealing design in my opinion.

The lobby and restaurants match the rooms. Seems as if you are walking back into time right into 1985.

The rates were actually cheaper than the Courtyard that is a few blocks away near the river (the hotter area of downtown Chattanooga).

I might stay here again if just on business - as this trip was - but would only do so if the price was better than the Courtyard or Hilton Garden, or the Chattanoogan, which is around the corner.

If you have business at Cigna or TVA, this the closest hotel, with the Chattanoogan a close second.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank AtlantaSingle
Reviewed June 27, 2008

The whole experience at this hotel was really terrible. I must preface this by saying I am a pretty easy-going traveler and not much bothers me. All I need is a clean place to stay and Im good.
When we drove up to the hotel to drop off the bags and check in we were notified that we had to lug our bags from the parking garage since we did not want to use the valet service. This would have been tolerable except that our 88year old grandma was traveling with us and we all had to walk about 1/8mile from the parking lot through a ramp way and down the escolator.

Then when we got to our rooms the floors did not appear to have been vaccuum-most notably from the califlower and bobby pins strewn about the carpet. The beds appeared to be changed and the bathrooms wiped down, but who knows...
We rented two rooms and they both appeared dirty-so it wasnt an isolated incident.

The price paid for these rooms were really unacceptable for what we got.

Needless to we used the hotels internet to search on tripadvisor and moved to another hotel in the Chattanooga area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Chinookgrrl
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I stayed here for a weekend with my husband on business. I felt the hotel was just okay. The rooms are outdated, but mine was very clean. It was nice being attached to the convention center where my husband was working. The lobby and pool area was very beautiful. The gym had alot of equipment. the pool had a sauna which was nice. I thought the front desk had an attitude when I checked in or had a question. The restaurant and bar were fun but a little pricey. My favorite part was the beds. They are super comfortable with nice high thread count sheets and a feather bed. The room even have a catalog where you can purchase the linens. I did not like parking. Because the hotel is part of the convention center, you share the parking deck with other businesses. All of the prime parking areas are reserved for certain businesses only.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2008

We had to stay here because my husband's company will only reimburse us for a Marriott Hotel and because we thought we were getting a good deal on Priceline. I called the day before to request a quiet room and a king bed and talked to the manager (Lori Cox) who assured me we were all set. Upon arrival, the room we were promised had vanished and the surly front desk person kept reminding me that since we booked through Priceline, we couldn't expect any favors. So, if you book with Priceline, the quality of the room changes, evidently. The room we were given, #922, had the worst black, sticky mold problem either of us had ever seen (and this is supposedly a decent convention center hotel) and we had to spray room freshener just to be able to get away from the mold smell. The carpet in the room had tears and large stains and there were enough stray pieces of trash to detect it probably had not been vacuumed, either, along with the bedspread having an unknown sticky substance in the middle of it. We had no choice but to tough it out because Priceline will not give a refund, but we will never stay here again and I contacted Marriott to let them know it was an unacceptable situation.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business