“Close to attractions friendly staff”

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Nashville, Tennessee
“Close to attractions friendly staff”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I took my 7 year old for a fun overnight trip to Chattanooga. The hotel is close to the free shuttle stop to go to downtown. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly. Parking was $12/night and they let us park our car all day even though we checked out early in the morning. We had a lovely room on the 15th floor with a view of the mountains and the ride in the bubble elevators was scenic. There is a coffee house on site where they serve Starbuck coffee and is a good place to grab a quick breakfast. We didn't have enough time to enjoy the pools. The indoor pool looked a bit small and crowded but the outdoor pool seemed quite large. Overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: There is a great restaurant near by about a block away called 'City Cafe' which has 300+ ite...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
HemantD308

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and future Chattanooga visitors. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our hotel. The glass elevators are always a big hit with the young ones!! We hope to see you again soon.

Tom Underwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I stayed and we could not have had a more pleasant experience. From checking in, to the maintance man that brought me a fan bc I forgot mine, to the waitress at breakfast that went out of way to get my drink they only served in room service and not the dining room. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure our stay was exceptional and it was!!! We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
mvaughn28

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive feedback and I will share it with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week there w a group of kids for a softball tourney. The staff was overly accommodating to us. The girls were at times a handful, but the staff was very understanding. Our rooms were clean, plenty of hot water, attentive housekeeping staff. The location of the hotel kinda stinks. Not in the best part I town or near many restaurants, but the shuttle service helps with that. Pools are on the smaller side, but worked fine for our purposes. Having on site laundry would be a nice addition. We had to wash uniforms at a nearby laundry mat. Restaurant in hotel was good. All staff encountered were very friendly. We did have some mixups with charges, but they were fixed before checkout. Only complaint would be air conditioning in the rooms. All of the families in our party complaine of hot rooms. Front desk did send someone to look at it right away, but the rooms just never seemed to cool off. Overall great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
JesssijessSB

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed having the softball tournament stay with us. Thank you for your comments and I will follow up on your comment regarding the guest room AC. We hope to see you again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed there for a conference. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and courtesy to my needs. I went for a run and when I got back the staff gave me a water. I think that goes above and beyond. I travel a lot and I am a reward member for many hotels. Often I can not tell the difference but here that was completely different. I would definitely stay here again and recommend anyone who needs a place downtown to book a room.

Room Tip: It really is a bonus to be a rewards member.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Ben G

Thank you for your recent stay, as well as for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Largo, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a whirlwind stay in Chattanooga, and we had a blast there. Clean, remodeled place in the heart of downtown. The staff was great as well, pointing us to some great restaurants.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Tom l

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Location was good.
Our first room was a disaster. When the AC ran, it sounded like someone had placed a jalopy in and ran it. Could not sleep with the loud noise. Had to turn it off and sleep no AC when it was
80degrees outside. Room was OK otherwise, but felt it could be a little cleaner.
We did complain and they moved us to the Conceirge Level for the second night. Onlu difference
between room was a few more toiletries.. Oh, the AC in this room was perfect. Also, the room adjoined to another and you could hear all conversations. Hallways on both floors very loud.
Must say the staff at the front desk was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Go to room and check it first before unpacking.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Elle912

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the AC issues that you experienced and for the inconvenience of having to change rooms. I also apologize for the noise issues from other guests - our security staff should have been able to resolve that and I apologize that they did not. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, and do hope that you'll keep us in mind if you return to Chattanooga.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay even though we changed rooms in the middle of the night. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with adjoining rooms available. We changed rooms because some people came in next door and were talking so loud they woke us up. It seemed like a family gathering with a late arrival. The security officer also reported that they were speaking loudly and we were offered a new room on another floor with the room charge removed from our package price. The room was just like the one we had before so we were able to get back to sleep and enjoy our next day.

We had a package that included 2 tickets to the Tennessee Aquarium, which was awesome, Buffett breakfast for two, which was unbelievably good, and a bottle of wine. It was very reasonably priced and we were there on a Tuesday night.

I would highly recommend this hotel because of their very quick action in changing our room. The people that were loud were not drunk loud but just excited to see each other and we guessed they may have come from a different time zone.

Room Tip: The electric trolley is free and has a route that travels to all the main downtown attractions and r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HoosierNancy

Thank you for your positive review. I apologize for the noise issues that you experienced, but I am glad that our staff reacted quickly to resolve. Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business very much.